Fendt Tractors

/ Fendt Tractors #11  
Renze- I think the attraction to the Fendt tractor is the Vario transmission. Whats that going to Fendt sales now that transmission has been installed in AGCO & Challenger tractors. Will we also see that transmission in a Valtra??
Chuck M.

/ Fendt Tractors #12  
I dont know if Valtra will use them... Maybe, because Valtra used to be a hi tech brand. they even had a model range named hi-tech, with computer guided transmissions, it can ring the dealer via GSM when something's wrong...

in the past, Valtra tried the CVT transmission of their friends at Steyr too.... But now CNH has steyr, and ZF has the Steyr antriebstechnik (transmission department) i think the Vario makes a better chance to be used under a Valtra flag.

Case has the Steyr CVT in the CVX range (rebadged Steyr, sold only in Europe i think) Deere has the IVT, i dont think it will make any difference for Agco: most people will buy MF and Deutz CVT tractors, Agco will gain it's sales volumes by MF and Challengers with Vario/CVT technology, Fendt has to maintain their sales in the snob market.

/ Fendt Tractors #13  
Sorry, Guys....
but I´m sick of this "The Fendt tractors aren´t worth the price, they´ll asked for them!!!" Sure a Zetor is cheaper, but this depends on the lower costs for Menpower in Czech Republic. If you look at that, they aren´t that much cheaper.
If the Fendts are that expensive, I don´t know why a lot of contractors and big Farmers buy a Fendt instead of a cheaper
Tractor.
A big Contractor overhere was a honest CIH Customer....
he replaced the CIH for Fendt....
A Farmer who was a honest FIAT Customer during a lot of Years(He ownes a DT 850, a 980DT and a 100-90DT) was going to buy a new Fiat in the 180hp range....
The Fendt 818 Vario was only!!! 700€ more expensive!!!
So, what´s about the high price of a Fendt?
Sure JD is a best Seller in Germany, but there are more old Fendts in use as old JD´s? Maybe they are worth to pay more money for them?
Other way: Every car can take You from A to B, but why do some people buy a Cadillac instead of a Chevy?Or a Mercedes
instead of a Ford?

/ Fendt Tractors #14  
Hey Bernhard, we were talking about the 200 and 300 series in particular. "These conventional tractors...." i meant the 200 and 300 series.

I dont know what the MF DynaVT is priced, but i bet they are cheaper, or nobody would buy them but go with the prestiguous Fendt instead. Probably not extreme price differences between the DynaVT and Vario i expect.. maybe an 8000 Euro or so..

I dont know about the Fendt pricing in the U.S. but over here they are about 10.000 to 15.000 more expensive than others.
Probably just want to make friends on the U.S. market with huge discounts.

But you're in Germany, right ?? What's Fendt trying to do, is Deere IVT and Case CVX and Deutz TTV too strong of a competition for Fendt, so that they have to drop their prices ??

By the way, did you know this:

A Dutch lifestyle magazine found that many of the VERY rich people tend to buy big Opels, rather than big Benz ??
when people get rich they bought prestigious cars, when they got VERY rich they bought the top-end cars from an ordinary brand, most probably because the very rich people didn't feel teh need to brag about their wealth... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Fendt Tractors #15  
Hey Doc,

I know that You´re no Fendt freak, but this is not from interest here. Even I know, that You must give Your salt to every dinner! Reality is: Fendt is very big overhere, even in the 200-300 Range. MF has lost alot of marketshare since introducing the 200 and 500 range, even Deutz since the DX 85 and 90. You won´t have too teach me about tractor market
in germany, therefore You´re to green behind Your ears, even You won´t have to teach me why people buy a Benz or BMW instead of a Skoda or a Fiat, I´m old enough to realize that.
If Zetor is that good, why don´t they sell more in Europe, if Decision of buying a tractor is only a price thing?
Oh, Doc, You won´t have to answer me, You thought didn´t interest me.
And please Mr. I knowitall, leave me of Your kiddy games by teaching me, what You know and what You have done, after that, you must be around 90 of age.

/ Fendt Tractors #16  
Hey Bernhard, why get upset ???????

I promise you, i will not tell you any tales here... Just ask questions. But first i want something put straight:

Your first alinea has nothing to do with this, i did NOT !!! say that Fendt 200 and 300 series are bad tractors. Even I know that these 200 and 300 series were good reliable tractors.
I just wonder why they are at least 1/3 more expensive than other "quality tractors" with comparable technology.

I dont have to tell you why people rather have a Benz than a Fiat.. Sure we both know that...

but could YOU TELL ME why people buy a Volkswagen rather than a Skoda, even though Skoda is a MEMBER OF THE VOLKSWAGEN GROUP, using Volkswagen driveline and wheel suspension, and the Skoda Octavia is DESIGNED IN WOLFENBUTTEL VOLKSWAGEN WERKE !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Certainly the price doesn't mean everything.... Skoda Octavia is just as good as a Volkswagen Passat, as they share the main components...

/ Fendt Tractors #17  
Play nice, guys... no need to argue over brands here. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Fendt Tractors #18  
I agree with that, Muhammad.. I just dont like when people let me say things i didn't say, and then declare me fool for this same reason...

Sorry, it is certainly not my wish that my appearance here, will infect this board with "personal affairs" ?? grown elsewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Fendt Tractors #19  
Sorry, Muhammad,

noone has called anyone a fool, especially not me.I know that the Fendt Tractors are expensive and I´ll never be able to buy a new one.
But only by driving a tractor for a few hrs. I couldn´t say anything about it´s quality.

Renze
Everyone can see where I´m situated, only take a look at the left side above..
Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda are all members of the VW holding, VW, Skoda and Seathave the same platform, but different prices......and they are developed in Wolfsburg....not in Wolfenbüttel......
Wolfsburg was founded by the Nazis in 1936 only for the reason of manufacturing a cheap car.....everyone knews how the story ended /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
So , before telling anything that is wrong, better to be informed.

/ Fendt Tractors #20  
Bernhard, i have to agree with you twice !!
Wolfenbuttel is the plant location of Welger balers, Wolfsburg indeed, is the location of the Volkswagen main office..
I also agree with you that nobody was calling anyone a fool... though some words written here, were of similar kindness.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Again, you are talking about Fendt quality... Once again, I did NOT say that Fendt was bad quality...

My volkswagen group example was just to show that people attach a certain value to a badge or name, and that's the reason why people rather buy a Volkswagen than a Seat or Skoda, allmost the same product but a lot cheaper. Just, certain people attach more value to a certain badge, brand image or name, than others.

By the way, did you know that the Volkswagen, Germany's manufacturing pride, wasn't completely German ?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The designer of the VW beetle, Ferdinand Porsche, was a close friend to Hans Ledwinka, the chief designer at Tatra works, Koprivnice, Czechia. Both these excellent designers were creating prototypes of a "people's car" or in german: Volkswagen. Because they were close friends with a common passion, they talked a lot about their efforts on their "people's cars".
When Adolf ****** ordered Ferdinand Porsche to build his people's car, Porsche could not design a model within the very short time he was given, that would not conflict with about 20 patents of his friend Hans Ledwinka.

Adolf ****** knew that Tatra would take them to court, but didn't care. He would occupy Czechia shortly after it, and confisqated all patents.

This is the Tatra 1933 T-570-2 prototype. it looks like the early Beetle prototypes. It also had a flat twin air cooled engine, mounted in the rear.
Many people dont want to hear this, because they love their Volkswagens so much, and want to deny that VW's basis is laid with confisquated (eastblock) patents...

1.v_570.jpg

I hope you dont think that i want to take down Volkswagen with this, i would change my Volvo for a Skoda Felicia pickup any day (with better volkswagen transmission and engine), if i hadn't just rebuilt the crappy transmission of my Volvo...
In the VW example, i DO appreciate the reliability of the VW driveline... However if i can get this reliability without paying for the VW badge on it, i would be dumb to pay for the badge.. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Same thing is the Varo/DynaVT.. Same tech, but without the premium badge and name, a lot cheaper..