New old tractor owner

/ New old tractor owner #1  

toesmasher

Tractor
1958 Cockshutt 540
Well finally went and did it. Bought myself an Cockshutt tractor. I believe it is a 540 model 1954(?) maybe. Will post a pic when I can. Seems to be a problem finding any mechanical info on these, I know Oliver bought them out. She seems to run good . Anyone have any insight on these Canadians? It will be greatly appreciated.

/ New old tractor owner #2  
TractorData would be your best source. Nice find though. Great old tractor with a live PTO i believe. I'm wondering if they used the same type of driveline and such though because a lot of the tech manuals for oliver tractors have cockshutt listed in them as well. The good thing is that they used Contintental engines which I believe was the same motor they used in the MF 35. If that is the case than getting parts for it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Definitely post some pics would love to see this old beauty.

/ New old tractor owner #3  
I don't know this tractor, except from pictures.

TractorData.com Cockshutt 540 tractor information

Oliver Cockshutt 540 Parts - Yesterday's Tractors

Equipment - INTERNATIONAL COCKSHUTT CLUB INC.

Cockshutt 540 Free Tractor Data | Instant Online Info, Specs and More

serial numbers of cockshutt tractors - it looks like the 540 was made in 1958 and after. If you can find the serial number - this site should tell you what you have.
https://www.steinertractor.com/pdfs/cockshutt_SN_1946-62.pdf

more serial numbers
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/6/5/655-cockshutt-30.html

655-td3serial.jpg

/ New old tractor owner
cockshut1.jpg cockshutt.jpg Pics of my new old tractor. SN code is an AM so its a 1958. And yes it came with a brush hog-od but it works good. Still working out the bugs and getting used to it. Bro in law had a hyd line blow on him today on it so it begins. Would like to try to restore it a little, redo lights and such and maybe repaint it to original color. But we shall see. Oh thanks for the info guys.

/ New old tractor owner #6  
Every cool tractor. Looks practically like a clone of an Oliver 540.

Love the spin out rims on that thing. I would love to end up with a set of those someday just to play around with them.