Daedong- is it really a Kioti??

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #1  

pfestus1

Tractor
1954 Ford NAA
Being in the learning phase on compact tractors, I stopped by a used equipment place today that I had heard has a few compact 4X4 tractors. He did have a few, not many. One was a new looking Daedong L2203 with loader and scraper blade for $10950, and 2 hours on the clock. The sales guy said it was actually a Kioti that had been rebuilt from ground up, said everything was new or like new, and that it was re-labled as a Daedong. He also said it was about 30hp, but he didn't sound too sure, or knowledgable about it. So anyone know whats up? Thanks,
Hank Pfister
Copper Hill, VA

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #2  
Sounds like a gray market - made for the offshore markets, used in their agriculture, then "reconditioned" and imported into the U.S.

Daedong is the actual name of the Korean parent company and sells under the Kioti name in North America (at least USA and Cananda.) They sell under Daedong in Australia and New Zealand, for instance.

I would refer you to the gray market forums for goods and bads of gray market tractors.

Mark

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti??
I asked the sales man if this Daedong was a Grey Market. He said "No, that it was made for the American market". It did have ROP, guards, all stickers in English..etc..
Hank Pfister
Copper Hill, VA

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #4  
I thought the L2203 was a 22hp,anyways it sounds a little high for a used tactor .They said it was rebuilt but how well was it rebuilt. You could buy a new one for a little more and get a warranty and 0% for 36 months

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #5  
powerstroke is correct... a person could buy a new ck20 standerd / loader for that kind of money.

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #6  
Just the skeptic in me, but I would not believe that dealer or what he says.

First, 2 hours on the engine. . . I would bet that is 2 hours after the thing was reconditioned, and that would probably not include an engine re-build (which is different than a reconditioning). So we could be talking about 200 hours or 2000 hours, plus the 2 that are showing. And all the wear and tear is under a fresh coat of paint.

Second, I would bet this is a grey market tractor that was modified to meet American standards, or at least look like it did. Just becuase the decals are in English does not mean anything about it being grey market or made for this market! Ask for the authorized service center location & phone number, ask for the parts center phone number, depending on the answer you get, you might know right off it if is a grey market unit.

Third, many grey market dealers sell Yanmar and claim they are John Deere or sell Shibaru and say they are New Holland. Just becuase the tractor is made by the company that makes those machines, does not mean it is made to the specs of those machines, it does not mean the parts are interchangeable with those machines, and it does not mean they have anything similar to the features of those machines. This tractor might be made by the company that makes Kioti, but it does not make it a Kioti.

As others point out, the price it too high for a used unit of questionable HP and questionable hours.

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #8  
They are greys rebuilt and modified for the American market.
The ones I saw did not have overrunning clutches on the PTO.
I was asked if I would like to sell them and being a REAL KIOTI dealer could get parts no problem.
I declined.
If I were you I would decline that sale too...It is a refurb 2203 the asian version of the 2204.
They haven't been available for sale for quite some time.
If it was dirt cheap...I might be tempted, but as it has already been stated, it's too high priced.

KO

/ Daedong- is it really a Kioti?? #9  
When I was shopping, I looked at this brand and others at a very large dealership and the dealer told me that same story and everything was new/rebuilt/REMANUFACTURED*******EXCEPT--- the transmission/ transaxle assembly! There was no idea how many hours were on the thing, but you do get a new tach /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I asked him if it was a grey market tractor and hesitating he said no, they were just as good as new. Needles to say, I didn't buy one and decided to buy somewhere else.