Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor?

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor? #1  

KonaKat

Tractor
Mahindra 2615 HST
Many years ago I had a farm in Oregon that raised cattle and hogs. We had an Italian tractor called a Cast which had 4 wheel steering and power. It could literally turn in place and raise the bucket over the top of the tractor. One of the wheel connecting rods broke and it took over 2 years to get a replacement. Wondering if these are still being made. Would like to see a pic if someone has one....thanks

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor?
That's the one! The color of the one I had was a deep red. The four wheel steering was phenomenal, it could navigate easily inside the hay barn and the reversible seat meant that you were always facing forward. As I recall the weak point was the ball joints; finding parts even in the 1970's was a nightmare. Of course if we had had the internet at that time it could have been much easier. If I were younger I would consider finding one to restore. The one in Washington is too far gone for restoration.

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor? #5  
I have I CAST and love it. Go to google type in 1970 Italian vinyard tractor and you should see it. Or go to Yeasterdays tractor and tractor photos

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor?
I have I CAST and love it. Go to google type in 1970 Italian vinyard tractor and you should see it. Or go to Yeasterdays tractor and tractor photos

NICE! Love the color scheme.

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor? #7  
Cast tractor.PNG Sometimes the wheels fall over on those things you know...

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor? #8  
I know One fell off mine I took my big American made tractor to get it and a wheel fell off it too. I had a bad day.I put the wheels back on both of them. I'm back using both off them and having fun

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor? #9  
That thing in the picture with "another" broken ball joint is, almost for sure, the same one in the Craigslist ad. I gave it to the kid a year or so ago. He probably took the blade and hoe off and tried to sell the rest.
It was a pile of junk when I bought it 20+ years ago. Heck, the tires were rotten even then. Somehow it kept running and working. That Slanzi (s) diesel would not die. Don't remember ever giving it an oil change. I got a lot of work out of that thing.
I've had a lot of vehicles I was glad to be rid of but that old Cast gives me good memories. Was rather fond of it despite its ball joints.
Now I operate a Power Trac odd ball thing. I'm becoming rather fond of it also.
I like odd ball stuff.

/ Anyone heard of a "Cast" tractor? #10  
Well now I went and told a lie! That Cast in the Craigslist ad (now relisted) is NOT my old tractor.
I gotta tell the kid about that thing. The 2 of them might make one good tractor. Maybe... if he's really ambitious.
Wow 2 Casts in the same area. Who da thunk it.
Last time I saw something like that was when I fell off my motorcycle.
OK, bad pun.