Buying Advice Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #1  

jimbobs61

Tractor
Kubota 3200 with FEL
I am looking for a 3 pt, side discharge finish mower to cut fire lanes in pine plantation. All other brands have quit making side discharge. Caroni sells one through Agri Supply. Anyone have experiance with Caroni or Agri Supply? Thanks, Jim

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #2  
I have bought many things from Agri-Supply... I like the company, for what that's worth. I have not heard anything bad about Caroni, on Craig's List the sellers think highly $$$ of them.

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #3  
From my experience ( I've had four RFMs, two side discharge, two rear discharge), the rear discharge is the only way to go. One of my side discharges was a Caroni, a good mower, but I'd still go with a rear discharge if I had to get another RFM

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #4  
Like Gunny, we've hd both and prefer the rear discharge. We haven't bought one in years as both our Caroni are still going strong after over twenty years.

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #5  
I know little about finish mowers but I am very familiar with Caroni as I've owned one of their flail mowers for ten years. I would basically just tell you that Caroni is the equivalent of Woods or Landpride as far as being a manufacturer. I don't know if Caroni makes heavy duty implements so I am comparing my mower to medium duty implements from the major US manufacturers. High quality. For some reason the Italians seem to own the European marked on flail mowers and flail mowers are far more common in Europe than rotary mowers.

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge
I am looking for a 3 pt, side discharge finish mower to cut fire lanes in pine plantation. All other brands have quit making side discharge. Caroni sells one through Agri Supply. Anyone have experiance with Caroni or Agri Supply? Thanks, Jim

Thanks guys. I need a side discharge to blow the grass off fire lanes before a prescribed burn. Used an old BushHog side discharge until it gave up the ghost and it worked fine. Rear discharge just leaves it on the lane, defeating the whole fire break notion. The old option of discing the lane just causes errosion. Believe I'll try the Caroni.

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #7  
I second Agri Supply as fine company to work with. Fair prices and they stand behind what they sell as good as you will find. Had a friend use a rfm of theirs and had real good service.

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #8  
Thanks guys. I need a side discharge to blow the grass off fire lanes before a prescribed burn. Used an old BushHog side discharge until it gave up the ghost and it worked fine. Rear discharge just leaves it on the lane, defeating the whole fire break notion. The old option of discing the lane just causes errosion. Believe I'll try the Caroni.

I have had three side discharge RFM's, I still have two.
I think the reason side discharge is hard to find is most side discharge RFM's really rear discharge.
So, since the mower is rear discharging anyways,, they just eliminate the side discharge,,

It is probably a cost saving measure,, you end up with the same results.

If you want the cut material piled to one side,, get a single spindle "bush hog"
They all pile the material to one side,, leaving a windrow,,
I got rid of mine because of that,,,:confused2:

/ Caroni 3pt finish mower with side discharge #9  
I have had three side discharge RFM's, I still have two.
I think the reason side discharge is hard to find is most side discharge RFM's really rear discharge.
So, since the mower is rear discharging anyways,, they just eliminate the side discharge,,

It is probably a cost saving measure,, you end up with the same results.

If you want the cut material piled to one side,, get a single spindle "bush hog"
They all pile the material to one side,, leaving a windrow,,
I got rid of mine because of that,,,:confused2:

As others have suggested: Agri-Supply is a great company to buy from.
Their prices are EXCELLENT, and their customer service is THE BEST !!!