Nortrac Tractors

/ Nortrac Tractors #1  

Haroldv

Tractor
B2910
Has anyone had any experience with these tractors sold by Northern tool?

/ Nortrac Tractors #2  
Haroldv, go to the "Search" function at the top of the page, search "Nortrac" in "All Forums" and "Newer than one year" and you'll find several messages on the topic. Northern Tool's deal looks pretty good, but I think most of us wouldn't even think about buying a Chinese tractor for which parts, dealer support, etc. may or may not be available in the future.

Bird

/ Nortrac Tractors #3  
I don't know if you have seen the Nortrac in person, but I had the opportunity this past Saturday, the Northern store in Richmond, VA has one. The sheet metal looks impressive, but the tractor castings are rough and crude and design looks aged. Its not a show stopper below the sheetmetal. I do not have any idea on its reliability or function. But the price warrants investigating. I did notice that both down links on the 3PT were adjustable, seat was comfortable. Hope this helps.

/ Nortrac Tractors #4  
<font color=blue>most of us wouldn't even think about buying a Chinese tractor for which parts, dealer support, etc. may or may not be available in the future.</font color=blue>
Especially considering the current, shall we say strain, on US-chinese relations.

Ernie
"Thermopylae had its messenger of defeat; the Alamo has none." - graffito found on a wall of the Alamo, 1836

/ Nortrac Tractors #5  
I hear the Chinese built tractors have trouble with their steering - (keep running into things)

/ Nortrac Tractors #6  
I also understand that if you read the fine print in the Owner's Manuals, a standard disclaimer states 'If steering fails, and tractor hits tree, under Chinese law, the tree is at fault and must apologize and pay for all damages'. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Roy

/ Nortrac Tractors #7  
The tree will also hold the operator of the tractor under house arrest until such time that said apology is accepted AND dis-assemble tractor and all attachments.

/ Nortrac Tractors #8  
Addendum to the previous posts:
The tree will be disassembled, examined and not returned. The driver will be returned provided the pilot, uhhh operator understands that the tree he was flying, umm, nevermind, was obviously trying to coherce the tractor into a game of thumping and trading bark. Whereas upon such admission the entire group of 24 tractor people can go home. Other then that I have no reason to think that the Chinese build a lovely tractor. The 3/4" valves I have purchased for irrigation made in China almost completely turn off. The sockets made in China my buddy bought for $9.95 for a 105 piece set, crack when torque exceeds 30 ft lbs, but they have a lifetime warranty. All in all as I say, I would feel very comfortable purchasing the Nortrac tractor, especially when price is all I want to consider.