Long 445. Won't start.

/ Long 445. Won't start. #1  

craftsman336

Tractor
New tractors all the time
Ok so I have a long 445 diesel. It has run great, cranks up as soon as you turn the switch. But I pulled it in the shop to do some maintenance, new fuel filter and primer. And while it was in there put some fuel additive to keep it from jelling. But now it won't crank. Motor turns just as before but won't run. So on drained the fuel system and put fresh diesel in it. And bled the fuel lines had fuel going to the injector. But I haven't checked if it's coming out of the injectors. I have pulled them and they look a little gunky. I'm thinking the injectors are clogged up but I don't think all three would at once but Idk.... Any ideas?

/ Long 445. Won't start. #2  
You probably got air in the system when you changed the filter.
Does your filter step-up have the long thru bolt that goes thru the center??
Did you put the big oring ON THE FILTER or UP IN THE FILTER HEAD?
It MUST GO> UP IN the filter head.. NOT ON the filter.
There is a bleed screw by the name plate on the inj. pump.. double screw.. crack the 5/16" screw, spin the engine till fuel & NO AIR comes out & tighten.. Then> loosen ALL the lines AT THE INJECTORS & spin the engine until fuel comes out & tighten.

/ Long 445. Won't start.
Yes it has the long bolt. And yes the gasket Is up in it. Ok I tried to bleed it at the injectors and it ran rough for about 15 seconds. I didn't know about the bleed screw on the injection pump