Honda 5013

/ Honda 5013 #1  

Groo

Platinum Member
Is this a real tractor capable of working in the dirt, or just a lawnmower with aspirations? Can I load it down and do some real work?

Any weaknesses or frailties?

Can the transmission handle a v twin repower?

Are 2000rpm implamets out there? Or is that just Honda trying to keep all that business for themselves?

/ Honda 5013
some more research I've done and the last two have answers;
looks like there is not room for a v-twin under the hood.
any 2000rpm implaments would be old used stuff. nothing currently made.

no aparent weaknesses either.

I guess the only real question left is;
Can I do real work with it, or is it just an lawnmower with aspirations?

/ Honda 5013 #3  
I can remember "almost" buying one of those NEW...

They weren't cheep to buy and I went with a B series Kubota instead.

Now I'm glad I didn't buy one as they haven't proven to be as reliable as a Kubota and they aren't supported as well as they should be either.

Unless I was getting it REALLY cheep and it wasn't going to be my primary tractor, I wouldn't buy one today.

SR

/ Honda 5013 #4  
Is this a real tractor capable of working in the dirt, or just a lawnmower with aspirations? Can I load it down and do some real work?

Any weaknesses or frailties?

Can the transmission handle a v twin repower?

Are 2000rpm implamets out there? Or is that just Honda trying to keep all that business for themselves?

If it's reliability is anything like the 4518 Honda i would run from it,
Mine sits in a pile because ignition module and coils failed
before those items failed the hydrostat had its own bad quirk of jerking back and forth... No such thing as cruising at a steady speed. Hydro has to be torn down to fix and some reports are that the hydro had to be torn down again and other parts replaced with some success
Charging system stator failed to,
Clutch for PTO operation can not be adjusted to release the brake before engaging the implement resulting in running wide open and smoke from the brake lining.
To fix it with factory parts and No labor would be north of $1400 and likely the hydrostat would still pulse back and forth.
For now the Honda has donated it's seat to my Gilson mower.

/ Honda 5013
looks like it sold before I could get a look at it