Belarus help

/ Belarus help #1  

Black85L98

I use my 250as for a lawn mower, have about 7acres of grass. I thought it had a manifold leek but now I think it may be a cracked head. I have exhaust blowing between the intake and exhaust manifolds (front head)and both are tight, gaskets are good. Head gasket would be under that I think. Can not see any cracks but not sure what else it could be. Any advice about this problem or fixing fuel leaks would be great. As far as the rest of the tractor goes, it shifts good, the 3 pt and PTO work fine. Not sure if I should look for a head or drive it till it dies. Belarus has a bad rep but mine has been ok for what I need it to do.

/ Belarus help #2  
Welcome to TBN.

I think I would pull the head and have it crack checked. It won't fix itself and will only get worse. If it is doing a good job for you, then it should be worth fixing.

Good luck!

/ Belarus help
Thanks for the welcome.

This may help some other poor Belarus owner. The problem may have fixed itself? I had a fuel leak at the injector on the same jug. I took the valve cover off and tightened the injector. When I started the tractor the leak was gone and it is running better than ever. I have no idea why this is the case. It is quieter, smoother, and more powerful. Go figure. Unless there is some way I could lose compression through the head because of a loose injector this may be a mystery.