Rural King tractors

/ Rural King tractors #1  

Anonymous Poster

any body know about the tractor Rural King (farmstore in south indiana & illinois, and west kentucky) is currently selling?

It's 25 hp, 3+3 speed, 4wd, chinese made. The salesman said it had the same motor as a kabota, the specs i asked for said the motor was a 3 cylinder diesel model # y385 made by yangdong. true?

/ Rural King tractors #2  
I live in S. Ill and looked at the tractor you mentioned. However, I'm accustomed to Hydro and wouldn't settle for anything else. Bought a BX1800 w/FEL - love it. Doubt seriously whether that Rural King tractor has a Kubota engine.

Gerry

/ Rural King tractors #3  
I don't recall ever hearing of the Rural King, and I don't recall ever hearing anything good about a Chinese tractor./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif And while I guess it's certainly possible, I really doubt that it has a Kubota engine.

Bird

/ Rural King tractors
I saw a link to the Rural King, a month or so, ago. It looked like a standard chinese Jinma tractor. The Y385 is used in the 25-28hp Jinma, 2 and 4 wheel drive. It would be news to me, if Kabota uses this engine.

For more info on chinese tractors, visit the Chinese Tractor Owners Association board. (COTA)

http://www.homestead.com/ctoa/

/ Rural King tractors
The engine is made by China Diesel and is a very reliable engine. It is very simple in design and doesn't require a $90.00/hour mechanic to service it. China Diesel is the largest manufacturer of diesel engines in the world producing over 3,000,000 units annually. It has been in use throughout Asia and Europe for years.

The Rural King is a private labeled Jinma. Parts availability is not an issue either.

Visit www.CTOA.net to talk to people who actually own these tractors.

/ Rural King tractors
The Y385 engine is a very reliable 25-28 hp 3 cylinder engine. It is smooth and very powerful for it's size and is capable of well over 30 hp for short periods of time. It is slightly noisier ( diesel knock ) than it's Japanese counterparts due to it's 22-1 compression ratio. As far as the whole tractor is concerned, Jinma is not a bad tractor. It will get the job done and only cost you half as much. Parts are easy to get and if you shop around are relatively cheap as compared to the Jap machines. As far as resale goes, I buy equipment that I am going to keep for a long time so it don't matter much to me. They are also very simple to work on if needed. In the 500 hrs I have put on my JM284, the only thing that broke was the left front steering arm which has since been beefed up by the factory and only cost $65.00 and about 20 minutes of my time to fix.