Allmand Tractors ?

/ Allmand Tractors ? #1  

Boomerang1

Gold Member
Tractor
DX33
Does anyone have some info on Allmand tractors? I have only seen a few of them over the years.

/ Allmand Tractors ? #2  
Boomerang1
If you are talking about the compact TLB. I understand they are a great little unit. (similar to Terrimite) Built for the rental industry. If you are talking about the compact tractor they did and may still martket a couple of TYM models which are great tractors. They were (are?) sold only to rental yards under the Allmand lable.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Allmand Tractors ? #3  
Chipperman,
You seem to know about Allmand tractors better than anyone else. I just bought one (8435 hst, made by TYM) from auction. There was a rental company label on the tractor. So I called them after the auction and asked them about the history of the unit.

The manager didn't like the fact that engine parts (starter and some oil pressure sensor) had to be brought from Japan. The tractor had to sit in a TYM (Scorpion) dealer for weeks. According to the manager, Allmand used a Mitsubishi engine initially, and then switched to Kubota. This lead to few engine parts stocked in the States within TYM dealer network.

But the same engine is used in other tractors (non-TYM). As far as the engine numbers are same, are parts interchangeable? Thanks.

PS: I would appreciate if you would let me know if I can replace dealer filters with NAPA or generic filters.

/ Allmand Tractors ? #4  
The Mitsu. S4L2 is a great engine. I think the following cross overs may work but check it out.

Oil Filters
Donaldson P502067
Mazda B6Y1-14-302
Fleetguard LF3692
Baldwin B1400
Wix 51356

Air filters
Donaldson P822858
Donaldson P821575

I do not know for sure but these are filters we use and they may be the same. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Maka

/ Allmand Tractors ? #5  
Thank you, Maka. I will see what's on the tractor and will let you know if I find anything.

By the way, the rental place had no complaint about the engine at all. Apparently, they didn't know they could go to other sources for engine parts.

/ Allmand Tractors ? #6  
I was going to get all parts from Mitsubishi engine distributor to avoid buying wrong parts. I was going to get crossovers later with the parts removed from the tractor. When I called Mitsubishi, they recognized the PNs for engine oil filter and fuel filter. But the air filter PNs were not theirs. They said oftentimes manufacturers use different filters for air cleaners.

The air filters removed from the tractor are here: web page
They look different from the Donaldson filters. The outer will be okay, but the inner might not fit the housing well. I am going to bring these to a Donaldson filter distributor for crossovers. Thanks for your help.

/ Allmand Tractors ? #7  
Wix filter has a pretty good crossover site. I did some looking for an Allmand with a Mitsu motor and didn't find anything that jumped out at me, but maybe you will have better luck. Wix

/ Allmand Tractors ? #8  
No problem. Good luck with the new machine.

Maka