TO GET AT A RESONABLE PRICE WITH GOOD SUPPORT
FROM THE DEALERS. I WOULD LIKE ANY INFORMATION
THAT ANYONE CAN GIVE ME GOOD OR BAD.
INFORMATION THAT I HAVE SEEN SAYS THEY ARE THE 5TH
LARGEST TRACTOR MFG IS THIS TRUE IF SO WHO IS
THE OTHER TOP 4 LARGEST.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #2  
WHAT???????

Please don't post in all caps. It is considered shouting.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #3  
The top 4 would be New Holland, Kubota, John Deere, and Mahindra. That seems to be fairly well documented and agreed upon. The 5th position seems to be claimed by about 20 different manufacturers. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #4  
Landini's in Canada are all agricultural tractors and are right up with the other ag players. Their smaller models are mostly vineyard etc models.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #5  
Notice that Landini claims to be the 4th or 5th largest in the world, not just the US market.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Notice that Landini claims to be the 4th or 5th largest in the world, not just the US market. )</font>

I am talking worldwide figures. In the U.S. market, they are practically non-existant.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #7  
My son-in-law's father has one he bought from a dealer close to his home in east-central Mississippi. I think it's about 50 HP at the engine. I've only talked to him once about it after he had owned it for several months. He was well pleased with it, but his previous tractor was kind of ancient /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I have no knowledge about the long term reliability or dealer/parts support.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #8  
I wouldn´t say that they had been non-existent. Maybe not as Landini. But Landini belonged to MF a few years ago and smaller MF had been Landini in red.

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #9  
lol..........landini has been in the US for YEARS

remember the 294?....154,174,194,254,274.......etc

all MF.........all sold in the US in the early eighties

big dealer network here in new zealand, people always point the finger at the under dog, and yes you only get what you pay for.....for what the are worth and what they can do, they are good value for money

good spec, better then a wheelbarrow and shovel.....

have a friend with a mythos 90.........seems to go fine.......

4 or 5th biggest in the world.........yeap........also remember .....landini is owned buy a company called ARGO

ARGO is laverda, landini, McCormick, and valpadana.........yeap.......they are big

lol.....interesting to see mahindra is doing to well over there........landini is easy as good, my opinion better

/ LANDINI TRACTORS #10  
Landini has been in the USA for over 20 years. I remember seeing them at farm shows in the early '80s, and have brochures from then to prove it. They were owned by Massey from 1959 until 2000 when AGCO sold the last 9% of the company. ARGO purchased 66% in 1989, and Iseki bought a portion in 1994. Landini built tractors for Iseki, and may still.

In the USA, they have been distributed by Massey, AGCO until 1998, American Jawa (98-2001), Landini USA (2001-). They still build some Massey's and also (some of) the New Holland TCE series.

ARGO later purchased the Valpadana tractor brand, (very few of these in the USA), and in 2000 bought the McCormick brand from Case-New Holland.

I'd say they are good tractors.