Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85 #1  

fastpat

Silver Member
I've looked at this tractor as a possibility and thought I'd share some photos in this forum. Note, I've posted additional photos in the Branson, Zetor photo folder.

I think it may be rather large for my use, at a 92 inch wheelbase. That's shorter, by three inches, than a S-10 Chevy Blazer two door. So it's not huge either. The lift capacity of the front end loader is a robust 7000+ pounds, and other capabilities are comparable too. The cab isn't an add-on, it's built as a cab model.

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

<font color="red">EDIT - changed 3 in line pics to links for those on dial-up </font>

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85 #2  
Nice tractor,if you had it about a month ago I bet that cab was nice.Where are you located? I'm in York Co.

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85 #3  
later agroplus were better here, this is one of the good ones.......based on the SDF chassis, pretty nice machine, guys with em don't mind them

early ones over here in NZ had a few tranny problems, basically someone tried to adjust the spliter to not be so sharp in changing, result was they were wearing out too quit

once they got them back to how SDF designed them.......they were sorted

also it has the SDF concentric drive front axle, good, high ground clearance, but to ensure they last you have to jack up the chassis letting the front wheels come off the ground when you grease the pivot....allowing grease to go right round the shaft....otherwise the spline will chew when it wears, and will end up with no front drive....

see there is a dorado in the background, another good little machine, my fav in that size was the explorer SAME, older design, solid, proven,

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nice tractor,if you had it about a month ago I bet that cab was nice.Where are you located? I'm in York Co. )</font>

I'll be in Greenville county in about three weeks. Long story, I'm originally from South Carolina and am returning permanently after a long time away. My wife and I bought a place north of Greenville.

I'm looking at Deutz tractors because I have an interest in German cars, but it's likely I'll buy a Deere, probably a 4720 cab model. Still learning about them so I can, somewhat, make an intelligent purchase.

Pat

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85 #5  
This is actually Same Silver with Deutz water cooled 3.2 liter turbo diesel engine. Very quiet and smooth motor, low noise cab. Tractor is made in Italy, not in Germany. Here are most models 100, 6 cylinder, and people like them (Deutz is Deutz, even Italian made - kind of old glory /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85 #6  
<font color="red"> The lift capacity of the front end loader is a robust 7000+ pounds, </font>

This cannot possibly be right.... and to my knowledge there is no loader for this tractor at this time. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Deutz-Fahr Agroplus 85
The Stoll Robust F is made for this tractor. See:
Lynx Engineering's Website for a bit of information. See also Landpower's site for another bit of information.

I also found the Stoll website, and there is a Stoll distributor in Fort Erie, Ontario and JF-Stoll North America Inc.
USA: #146-266 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo, NY 14222.

Stoll Loaders info page here, the model for the Agroplus 85 is the Stoll Robust F HD and to correct my initial post, the maximum lift capacity is 5580 pounds depending on which model you purchase.

Pat