Magnatrac

/ Magnatrac #1  

banjobj

Gold Member
Tractor
TC 21D
I just happened on this site and came across the Magnatrac. Sounds like quite a machine except that the engine choice is a little suspect. Nothing against Kohler, I got one in my Craftsman, but you would think they would have more diesel choices. Anyone out there got one? www.magnatrac.com

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by banjobj on 09/09/01 10:41 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Magnatrac #2  
Sorry I didn't see your post until now. I just ordered a diesel Magnatrac... should be getting it in a couple of weeks.

After researching many different tractors, I decided that for me, the magnatrac was the best and most versatile machine. They are a very simple construction and low tech compared to most of the compact tractors out there. I visited a local owner that had an older model 5000 and found that it is a rugged little machine. The power of the metal tracks for pushing as well as pulling is amazing for its small size. It is definitely NOT turf friendly though as one might expect. But for me that's just fine as I'm looking for something to use in the brush and dirt only. The small size, metal track drive, power, and excellent maneuverability is what really sold me on the Magnatrac.

Purchase is directly from Struck Corp. The lack of dealer network may be a concern to some, but like what has been said in the posts about the Power Trac machines, because of their simple construction, there is absolutely nothing on the Magnatrac that you can't service or repair yourself. All of the owners that I've talked with have said that Struck stands behind their product and really does whatever is needed to help resolve any problems that owners encounter.

I bought the Magnatrac 6000 28 HP diesel, with loader, backhoe, hydraulic dozer blade, 3 pt hitch, and PTO for $26800. I live in Connecticut and this was less than the least expensive similarly equipped compact (NH 33D), and that did not include a dozer blade. So, it is like getting an extra attachment free.

I'll post some pictures and experiences once I get it to let everyone know how it works out.

John

/ Magnatrac
John, Glad to hear about your order of the Magnatrac, sounds like a great machine. I look forward to seeing the pictures

/ Magnatrac #4  
I have used a Magntrac for years now. They work great for small jobs as they move slow. They also need a lot of maintenance.

/ Magnatrac #5  
I hope we continue to hear from you. I have always wondered about these machines and interested how you make out with it. I see you live in CT. I also live in CT.

PTRich