New member and Steiner owner

/ New member and Steiner owner #1  

HarveyM

Tractor
Steiner 430
Howdy,

Just wanted to introduce myself and see if I can get another topic started. I broke down and bought a Steiner this year. Ironically, I'm located in VA, so looked at the Powertrak, but finally made the decision on Steiner due to local service. Now there are many times that it feels like I spent about $4000 more than I needed to and will need to spend an extra $1500 or so for each implement. Other than that, I'm ecstatic with my 430.

Questions....are there markets of used Steiner implements? Are there third party vendors of Steiner capable implements? Are there people out there creating low end..infrequent use Steiner capable implements?

/ New member and Steiner owner #2  
HarveyM,
There is one competing brand, Ventrac, whose attachments can, with some exceptions, be used on a Steiner. As far as I know there are no third party vendors. The most practical approach for getting access to the attachments which you can't justify purchasing is to rent them from a Steiner dealer. Steiner has a special program for its dealers just for this purpose. I recently rented the power box rake for just one day to prepare an area for seeding. Got the job done quickly and at minimal expense.