Who makes AGCO tractors?

/ Who makes AGCO tractors? #1  

Carld

Tractor
NorTrac NT254
Someone told me AGCO used to be Allis Chalmers, is this so? Are they American, Chinese, Korean, etc made? What is the quality, dependability, parts availability, etc.?

/ Who makes AGCO tractors? #2  
AGCO did indeed used to be Allis Chalmers. Their compacts are made by Iseki of Japan. They are of excellent quality. AGCO is a big multi-brand company. They also own Massey Ferguson. The MF compacts are also made by Iseki as are the Caterpillar compacts. My brother has an AGCO, It think it is an ST30 or 25. Anyway, it is a quality tractor.

/ Who makes AGCO tractors?
Thanks for the info. A neighbor has one and I was wondering about it.

/ Who makes AGCO tractors? #6  
AGCO was formed in 1990 to purchased the Deutz-Allis and Gleaner brands from KHD (Deutz-Fahr) in Germany. (DF is now owned by Same Deutz-Fahr, an Italian company).

AGCO later bought White (Oliver, Cockshutt, Minneapolis-Moline), White-New Idea (New Idea and White equipment), Hesston (hay tools, not the tractor portion), Massey Ferguson, McConnell Tractors (built the MF 4WD originally, and then the AGCOStar), Fendt, Valtra (Valmet, Valtra Valmet, Volvo, BM Volvo), Spra-Coupe, Tye (Glencoe, Farmhand), Deutz Argentina (Deutz-Allis in Argentina), Willmar, Caterpillar's Ag division (Challenger) and Ag-Chem. Tractors are sold under the Deutz-Allis (Argentina only), AGCOStar (S.America), AGCO, Massey Ferguson, Challenger, Fendt and Valtra brands. They previously have distributed Landini, Same, Deutz-Fahr and still distribute some Iseki tractors (Australia).

They own 24% of Tafe of India. (Tafe just bought the Eicher tractor company of India)

Tractors are built by AGCO in USA, France, Brazil and Finland. They are licensed built in several other countries. AGCO has or does buy and relabel or license tractors built by Iseki, Same Deutz Fahr, ARGO (Landini/McCormick), Carraro, Tafe, Ursus, Uzel, Millat, Farmwell, IMT, MTF, ITMCO and VenIran. (probably missing some).

Combines are built in AGCO factories in USA, Brazil and Denmark, and by Same Deutz Fahr (Laverda) in Italy.

How's that for a "brief" run-down?

/ Who makes AGCO tractors? #7  
This company seriously looks after its brands. I am planning on getting the McCormick TeleTrac for the multifunctionality etc. Because the smaller A.Carraro :eek:
Any brand is only as good as the service given when severe issues need resolution.
Please check all the info on rangerdaves Carraro TRX transmission casings snapping with others withe same problem.
http://www.tractorforum.com/showthre...0&pagenumber=2
and
Help I broke my tractor in half!!! - Page 2 - Net Tractor Talk
and
http://www.mytractorforum.com/