2003 Farmtrac 60 Update

/ 2003 Farmtrac 60 Update #1  

Suburban600

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 60
Hi,
Here is an update on my 2003 Farmtrac 60. I purchased the tractor new in 2003. I've made periodic posts on how I like the tractor. Tractor has about 225 hours on it today. I still like it. Here is the latest info.

As I said before I was missing a grease fitting and I had a powersteering line that worked loose after a few hours of use. I use the tractor for mowing brush. The handiest piece of equipment I have is the loader. Next is the Squealer 72" bush hog equipped with a slip clutch.

Problem:
We used the tractor to push stumps around while clearing a lot. Probably should have used a dozer. Anyway, the left spindle arm wore a little I suspect from stationary steering with large loads on the front end loader or working in the woods and running up against stumps caused this problem. The spindle arm wore at the half moon key slot. Just enough to get some interesting front end alignment problems as the play increased between the spindle arm and spindle.

Solution:
Replaced spindle. Got part next day. Cost $43.00. Problem fixed.

Problem:
Alternator exciter inop. Requires grounding with a wire connected to terminal to initialize the alternator otherwise battery will go dead.

Solution: May run a wire from the alternator to the starter versus trying to fix the system.

Problem: Neutral safety switch inop.

Solution: Bypassed.

If you have any recommendations just send me a line at jim@oldtramroadfarm.com .

If you want to see what my 3 year old Farmtrac looks like with 225 hours on it go to http://www.oldtramroadfarm.com/Tractors.html All of the paths you can see on the site were made with the Farmtrac.

/ 2003 Farmtrac 60 Update #2  
Sounds like a good tractor you have there. Them FarmTracs are OK!

John

/ 2003 Farmtrac 60 Update
It sure is a nice tractor. I used it to cut about an acre of weeds around my Grandma's house over the weekend. Plows right through the johnson grass.

Jim
www.oldtramroadfarm.com