Belarus tractors

/ Belarus tractors #1  

passgas55

Bronze Member
I am looking to purchase a tractor in the 20hp range to cut 3 acres of pasture and light driveway grading. I am looking at all the tractors makers and this web site has great info. How are the russian tractors holding up? Are they better than the chinese tractors?Thanks.

/ Belarus tractors #2  
The Belarus' are hard to get parts for now. Most dealers that had them have stopped selling them.

/ Belarus tractors #3  
Back in the spring I read that all shipments of Belarus had haulted because the engines would not meet the new specs. for our emission standards. I don't know if that's changed at this time. I'd sure check in to it before buying.

There have been some larger Belarus tractors in this area for 40 years now. I saw one that was painted white and was an old model. It's lasted well. I've also seen folks have a very hard time with some of them also. Got a neighbor that had the crank shaft break in an air cooled model two times. Another guy I worked with had a water cooled model and in 5 years it put on 4 water pumps. Also broke the pto shaft once and a rear axle. Both these tractore were used for haying and feeding cows. Looks like some hold up well and some don't. I don't know of any running around here now.

I'm not knocking the tractor because I've never owned or operated one. Just passing one what I've seen and heard first hand from folks that owned them.

/ Belarus tractors #4  
passgas55 said:
Are they better than the chinese tractors?Thanks.
I bought my Belarus used and my Kama new but here are my thoughts. The fit and finish was probably better on the Belarus but the design is worse. The seat sits very high on the Belarus so you are in the exhaust and even though it has a suspension seat the side to side shaking gets amplified and can be punishing. Mine has no ROPS and with the high seat I do not feel comfortable on slopes. The shuttle shift and hydraulic levers are awkwardly placed. the brakes are weak. The carriage that holds the 3-point is not well designed and I had to replace a bunch of bolts and cover everything with gorrila glue to get it to stop coming apart.
On the other hand it runs good and has plenty of power. It will do what you describe. I paid $2900 for mine with a well worn box blade and a newer light duty scrape blade. It runs a 5' rough cut mower well using an overrunning clutch on the pto. If your fields are smooth it is a productive mower though it does have a larger than normal turning radius. It seems to get very good fuel economy.
My Chinese tractor is more powerful, better designed, and has 4x4, loader, ROPS, canopy, 2-stage clutch, dual rear remotes. Despite it's weight I can easily skid the tires with the brakes. It had some bugs - lots of loose bolts, etc. to go over. Nasty scum in the fuel tank 6 months after the mfg date. A leaking shaft seal.
I paid 5x more for the Kama but it is new and runs great and if I am moving dirt or clearing brush I am probably 5x more productive.

Brad

/ Belarus tractors #5  
I'll 2nd your post. In 1992 I bought a 572 cab 4x4 with loader and have beaten the $$it out of it. I logged for the 1st 4 years and used the Belarus for winter plowing and field mowing. I dug French drains around the perimeter of my house (bought and sold a used woods backhoe) and rebuilt many sections of 1/4 mile driveway. Through all the years it's started and run like a champ. It leaks hydraulic fluid and it isn't much fun to run anymore so I bought a Farm Pro 8240 (Foton 824).....the Chinese tractor is a Mercedes Benz compared to the Belarus but at $26,500 compared to $12,500, the Belarus is still running strong...and paid for 10X over. Here are pictures. Belarus is last two Pics on 2nd page.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/647/page/2/sort/1/perpage/12

/ Belarus tractors #6  
This Belarus just about broke my legs when it collapsed, pinning my legs between the steering wheel and seat. It has very few hours and was bought new in 1995. I would strongly avoid these tractors. This was used on our ranch and was not abused. BEWARE

/ Belarus tractors #7  
I am looking to purchase a tractor in the 20hp range to cut 3 acres of pasture and light driveway grading. I am looking at all the tractors makers and this web site has great info. How are the russian tractors holding up? Are they better than the chinese tractors?Thanks.
Are very good to stay away from.

/ Belarus tractors #8  
This Belarus just about broke my legs when it collapsed, pinning my legs between the steering wheel and seat. It has very few hours and was bought new in 1995. I would strongly avoid these tractors. This was used on our ranch and was not abused. BEWARE
Sounds like a good idea.

/ Belarus tractors #9  
How are the russian tractors holding up?

These tractors are not Russian. They are made in Minsk, the capital city of Belarus. Belarus, along with Russia, was one of the 15 states in the Soviet Union. Belarus is the one and only nation in all of Europe that is still ruled by a radical, completely totalitarian, and ruthlessly opressive regime. While Russia is no model of democracy, at least they do vote now-Putin is in power because people like him. This is also no China, while the government does have complete power, they have come a long way since Mao.

Belarus is closer to being something like North Korea, though they are not He!!bent on building and blackmailing the world with nukes. There is no way I would consider buying something made in Belarus, because every dollar sent there helps support one of the most evil governments on Earth.

/ Belarus tractors #10  
Belarus is a made up export name. There are 7 different companies that build equipment that gets the Belarus name stuck on. the 240 air cooled series seem to break cranks. the deutz inspired 400 air cooled series hold up better. the 800-900 water cooled are ok. The older models all have a primitive look to them. They newer one have better looks at least.