Antonio Carrera Tractors

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #1  

odleefs

Gold Member
Tractor
2005 Bobcat/Toolcat 5600T C, 2000 Yamaha Grizzly
I cannot convey how impressed I am with the reversable seat of this tractor. Here is an example of what I am talking about... Antonio Carraro America, Inc. The Tractor People
As you can see, it makes the conventional rear mounted implements of tractors front mounted, if so desired and I fell one of the most useful tractors around. I own a two seat Toolcat and love the front mounted attachements, but if I needed a one seater tractor, I would pick up one of these in a heartbeat. While their whole line does not have this reverable operator position feature, the conventional models are also impressive.
Steve

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #2  
i drove a 9585 valpadana the other day, it had a rear mount forestry mulcher (dunno what u call them). i reversed the seat so i could work forwards and proceded to wreak havoc on the brush. great thing to drive (i hope these are imported where you are, they are a bit rare over here). 100hp and real low, awsome on hills. no cab on this one but...

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #4  
Those tractors are great, but dod you see the price list? :eek:

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #5  
If You check out the ARGO website
ARGO Industrial Group

You´ll find out, that Valpadana is part of them. So the small articulated McC and Valpadana are the same.

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #6  
I, too, am very impressed with the Antonio Carraro tractors.

I have recently come to the conclusion that they may have the best combination of features. Great 4WD with differential locks, oscillation angles, low COG, good power, etc. As you mentioned, the RGS system allows you to reverse the cockpit, thus making the rear implements into front implements. This way you can capitalize on the greater power of the PTO for running implements like a mulcher or stump grinder while driving forward. Then you can run conventional items like a chipper at the PTO and still have the front loader (yep, there's one available for the AC tractors).

A while back, I had been leaning towards a tracked loader like the ASV line so that I could run a hydraulic mulching head. But then I'd be stuck needing to purchase the overly-expensive skid steer attachments or the awkward hydraulic to PTO converter. Then I figured I'd get a conventional tractor, but was frustrated by the typical brush-hog setup. To clear trails, I'd have to drive forward over the saplings and brush that I wanted the brush-hog to cut.

The bi-directional AC option would change that. Only issue then would be driving over the recently cut sapling stumps. But I think the mulcher should leave stumps that aren't necessarily a puncture danger.

I'm especially attracted to the new TRH9400 AC tractor. It includes a joystick for operating the hydraulics and such instead of just levers. And a hydrostatic drive

If things settle down with my house-buildig debacle, I'll be looking into one of these AC tractors very hard. My only concern is lack of service options.

But come on, show me another tractor that will do this safely:
http://www.acamerica.com/images/TRH 9400 flail pro.jpg

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #7  
Well, even though I had convinced myself based on specs and such, I went to demo an Antonio Carraro tractor this weekend.

It was running a Seppi M forestry mulching head on it.

I'm sold.

Now I have to decide between a used TRX, used TRG, or new TRH.
Hmmmm.
And then the used Seppi head or . . . a new loftness head (yet to be released, but I've seen pics!).

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #8  
RAW said:
Then you can run conventional items like a chipper at the PTO and still have the front loader (yep, there's one available for the AC tractors).

But come on, show me another tractor that will do this safely:
http://www.acamerica.com/images/TRH 9400 flail pro.jpg
Hi Raw: Could you post the link for the AC FELs? I have been looking for a FEL that would mount on the front of an articulated AC tractor. So far all that I have found for the articulated models is a rumor of a 3PH-mounted FEL.
BTY, when I was in Italy I saw some articulated tractors in action. The hills that they farm in Italy are insanely steep. I had planned to tour the Antonio Factory while I was in Italy but they no longer have public tours. They hinted that they could set up a tour if I was a prospective dealer but I didn’t have time to set it up. I didn’t even manage to find an Antonio Carraro dealer while I was there.
Marshall
P.S. I have a farm in Madison County in Western NC.

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #9  
I don't have a link to the manufacturer.
But I've seen several pictures.

Bonatti is one of the manufacturers. Rhoda is another, IIRC. And there's one more I can't remember the name of.
fieldday034.jpg

fieldday033.jpg

Also, I talked with the Southeastern rep, and he claims that they have an American manufacturer working on a FEL too.

Whereabouts is your farm? My wife and I are building a house up near Wolf Laurel. Our property is near Big Laurel Rd and US 23 (also in Madison Co.)

I've gotta get a new trailer before I can take the tractor back up to our property. The trailer I was borrowing from a buddy just isn't cut out for the weight.

/ Antonio Carrera Tractors #10  
The other FEL manufacturer is Sigma. I have a A. Carraro Comtrac 5400 Tigre that I have owned since 1999. Use the Sigma 4 loader. Doesn't have the reverse seat option but I have had wonderful and positive experience so far with 500+ hours. We use it mainly for small round bale haylage, mowing and compost turning. Parts are a phone call away as the dealer network has vastly improved over the last ten years. I wish I had enough to afford the other model but darn the US dollar is at such a disadvantage now compared to the EURO...