Belarus Tractors

/ Belarus Tractors #11  
D7E, you're singin' my song. I knew one man that had one, noisiest thing I've ever heard, and there was a pin that kept breaking in the driveline and you have to split the unit to replace it. It has about 100 hours on it, he finally parked it in a barn, got tired of it being in the way, couldn't give it away. That's been a number of years ago, and it is now sitting in the back of the pasture frozen. What a deal. Wonder if Yugo will make a tractor. LOLOLOL

/ Belarus Tractors #12  
JUNK! Run away as fast as you can....

/ Belarus Tractors #13  
In 1995 when I was shopping for a tractor, one of the Kubota dealers in the area also sold Belarus. They were selling for approximately half of what a comparably sized John Deere would cost. So he sold quite a few of them before dropping the brand. I talked to several Belarus owners but never met one who wasn't trying to get rid of it.

/ Belarus Tractors #14  
tydp said:
JUNK! Run away as fast as you can....

I remember in "92" we had a few issues with 1 ford and 2 JD's so stupidly we shopped around for something cheaper and we tried ZETOR and BELARUS and my god did we soon run back to real tractors , Both of them failed to complete the demonstration day and no-body could understand russian instructions.....You would think in 92 they would print some english in the manual . The dealer that was trying to sell new belarus 95hp fwa for 15'000 would sell us a 2 year old model for for 5'000 and at the time you could buy a brand new FORD 6610 fwa with air con for less than 19'000 , He had 9 of these "nearly new belarussians" sat on the yard . Why would you change a 2 year old tractor ?.....now i know ,I've never seen such a cheap ,Poorly constructed ,Unreliable tractor with a total disregard for the operator but mainly terrible steel quality . It amazes me how RABA made axles good enough for steiger to use .....Hungarian..?

/ Belarus Tractors #15  
I had a Belarus 420AN for about 5 years. It had a bushhog front end loader that was worth more than the tractor. Without a doubt, the tractor was not very refined, but it was a powerful, heavy piece of equipment. It was a 57hp air cooled (noisy-very noisy) unit, but it could flat out pull a disk/plow, etc. My main problems were electrical (starting and charging). Once I changed the alternator to a GM/Delco, replaced the starter circuit with parts from Autozone, etc., I had very few problems. I did have a hydraulic line that was right below the steering column that busted a few times - I got OEM replacement and it leaked as soon as I installed it. I sent it back and had a set of hoses made locally. I eventually sold it locally and bought a new Kioti DK 45 and I'm not sorry one bit. I can't say as I miss the Belarus, and I wouldn't really want another one, but if a screamin' deal came along, I might not be able to resist.

The long and the short of my recommendation would be buy one only if you feel like tinkering on it with little support, improvising new parts, don't need it to run on a reliable basis, and can buy it for a song. The Belarus machines have their places, but they are kind of rare.

Good luck.

/ Belarus Tractors #16  
Ive read the post and started not to reply but just coudnt resist. In 1992 I purchased a 250as brand new because it was only thing I could afford. I still have tractor today it has around 700 hours. I am super glad it gave me no trouble because dealer was gone the year I bought it. It is super simple verging on crude. the electrical system lacks to say the least. no power steering. super easy on fuel . it looks good for year but you coudnt get 1500.00 on its best day if you sold it. as said metal work and ergonomics lacking. since new it has needed one hydraulic valve( only 1 month old) and as mentioned upgrades for electrical. I have adjusted valves couple of times and it is just as crude internally. when my son was little he named it Skippy(sounds like old John Deere running but louder)so i could not sell It. but I also would not recommend buying one unless super cheap and you are mechanically inclined. Just a note Belarus is one of the biggest agriculture manufacturers in the world.

/ Belarus Tractors #18  
I know this question was asked a while back but i purchased a Belarus 250as several years ago and would buy another one in a heart beat. i have a hay farm and it runs harder than any other American tractor i own. The 250 is a very simple machine that has only needed a belt and greasing every once in a while. it will run all day on a mason jar of diesel. when i run this tractor i run it from sun up to sun down so it is run hard all day.

/ Belarus Tractors #19  
Sounds like you guys might be able to help. I have been using a buddies Belarus 250 for the last few days and yes I have to agree nothing like a good old North American built. Anyway he has had this 250 for about 7-8 years its about a 1990 put on about 600 hrs and still does not know what all the levers are for. lol. So I'm down to 1 lever that is in the middle of the floor that moves 2 lever on the side of the engine block at the bottom of the cylinders. Anybody know? Thanks in advance.

/ Belarus Tractors #20  
So I'm down to 1 lever that is in the middle of the floor that moves 2 lever on the side of the engine block at the bottom of the cylinders. Anybody know? Thanks in advance.

it activates the ejection seat