Belarus Tractors

/ Belarus Tractors #1  

Gunfighter

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 790, Steiner 230, IH 340U, Farmall Super C, Farmall C, IH Cub Cadet, Wheel Horse 8.75
I run across a Belarus 250-A in really nice shape and less then 1000 hours on the meter...
I was unable to locate any US dealers, nor did the Belarus home page list any...

Just wondering if Belarus is now a orphan, is there any part available and what could be the
worth of a 250-A in nice condition...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Richard
West Michigan

/ Belarus Tractors #2  
Gunfighter said:
I run across a Belarus 250-A in really nice shape and less then 1000 hours on the meter...
I was unable to locate any US dealers, nor did the Belarus home page list any...

Just wondering if Belarus is now a orphan, is there any part available and what could be the
worth of a 250-A in nice condition...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Richard
West Michigan
I believe you will only find parts dealers. Belarus is still building tractors but they are not emission compliant. I think McFaddens in NY stocks and sells Belarus parts.
Good Luck and Happy Tractoring
Chipperman

/ Belarus Tractors #3  
Manufacturers web site is Belarus Tractor International -- US Distributor of Genuine Belarus Equipment & Parts
Dealer page shows a lot of US dealers on map, but you have to contact them for info.
It seems a 250 (AS) is still produced.

This information from the UK importers web site.
BELARUS tractors are produced by “Production Association of Minsk Tractor Works” (MTW), which was founded in May 1946.
Over the years MTW became one of the world’s largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment with nearly 20,000 employees.
It produced over 3 million tractors and exported more than 500,000 of them to more than 100 countries.
At present, there are about 100 producers of tractors in the world. However, only 8 of them hold 96% of the world tractor market and Belarus is among these eight. For a number of years, Belarus has been holding 8-10-% share of the world market of wheeled tractors.
Today more than 60 different models are offered, with more than 100 assembly options to suit requirements of all climates and operating conditions.

Hope this is of some value.

/ Belarus Tractors #4  
There's always the used/salvage parts market. From the pricing I've seen, you may be able to find another unit cheap and keep it on hand for parts. Personally, I wouldn't go over $3000-3500 for one in good condition.

/ Belarus Tractors #5  
voodoo said:
Manufacturers web site is Belarus Tractor International -- US Distributor of Genuine Belarus Equipment & Parts
Dealer page shows a lot of US dealers on map, but you have to contact them for info.
It seems a 250 (AS) is still produced.

This information from the UK importers web site.
BELARUS tractors are produced by “Production Association of Minsk Tractor Works” (MTW), which was founded in May 1946.
Over the years MTW became one of the world’s largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment with nearly 20,000 employees.
It produced over 3 million tractors and exported more than 500,000 of them to more than 100 countries.
At present, there are about 100 producers of tractors in the world. However, only 8 of them hold 96% of the world tractor market and Belarus is among these eight. For a number of years, Belarus has been holding 8-10-% share of the world market of wheeled tractors.
Today more than 60 different models are offered, with more than 100 assembly options to suit requirements of all climates and operating conditions.

Hope this is of some value.
Voodo
I still think unless it has changed in the last year or so that that the tractors are not emission compliant for the US market. I could be wrong but I had not heard otherwise.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman

/ Belarus Tractors #6  
Chipperman said:
Voodo
I still think unless it has changed in the last year or so that that the tractors are not emission compliant for the US market. I could be wrong but I had not heard otherwise.
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman
Also, I'm not sure the web site has been updated for quite some time. There are dealers on their map that haven't had parts or tractors in my area for years.

/ Belarus Tractors
The tractor is a Belarus 250AS, 2WD, looks in fairly good condition with one badly rotted ag tire. The Dealer wants $4300 dollar, which is just a little less then what I'm told it sold for new... The horse power is in the ballpark for what I'm interested it but it's physical size & weight is way more then I need or want...

Think I"m going to pass up this deal, price is also to rich for my blood...

Thank you all for responding, I appreciate the info...

Richard
West Michigan

/ Belarus Tractors #8  
Interesting post, actually I am very good friends with the daughter whose mom whose mom was/is the controller for Belarus in USA. The headquarters was/is Milwaukee. I think she worked for them for 25 years at least. Last I heard she was thinking of retiring so I am not sure she still works there or not. if anybody wants contacts into that orgainization let me know and I cna pull some strings.

/ Belarus Tractors #9  
I have a 250AS. Paid $2900 at an auction 2 years ago including a box blade and light duty angle scrape blade. It had some rust and needed some maintenance but always ran/runs good. The hour meter stopped at 150 but judging from the tread on the USSR tires - rounded but ~ 80% remaining I would say it has a few hundred hours on it. I ordered parts (filters & seals) from Milwaukee last year. For around $3000 depending on condition it can be a useful tractor. I have it on PHD duty now - it has downforce, torquey engine. Things it does not have: ergonomics, ROPS, strong brakes.

Brad

/ Belarus Tractors #10  
My god i cant believe this many people could like these things ,
" Run away from it"
Regardless of what people say on this forum it is THE worst quality tractor available nothing more reliable has ever been built , Just check out any other forum or even compare prices to real tractors of same age , I know dealers yards full of these things that have sat there for 4 years , Ask a farmer if he would buy one ?