Rental equipment @ Home Depot

/ Rental equipment @ Home Depot #1  

BTDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
IH M Farmall-propane powered, H Farmall (father-in-laws), Ford 1300 diesel
Was just killing time before work tonight, stopped by HD to look around. They had 2 riding mowers in the whole store, a Toro, and a Cub Cadet. I wasn't impressed. Walked outside, seen their rental fleet. They were orange. I thought, hmm, Kubota, or Kioti? Neither. PowerHouse brand. The backhoe had a Kohler 2 cyl. gas engine, the skid steer was diesel, but couldn't see engine. Manufacturer tag said made in Canada. They also had a ride on tracked machine with augers on it, it had a 18 hp Honda. Also had a small tracked excavator (trackhoe), but couldn't see engine in it either.

Attachments

• Todays pictures 014.jpg
    Todays pictures 014.jpg
    339.4 KB · Views: 2,388
  • Todays pictures 015.jpg
    Todays pictures 015.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Todays pictures 016.jpg
    Todays pictures 016.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 1,180
  • Todays pictures 020.jpg
    Todays pictures 020.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 1,159
   / Rental equipment @ Home Depot
   / Rental equipment @ Home Depot #4  
Afternoon Michael,
I have found HD rental equipment to be pretty stout stuff to withstand the abuse it gets from all the customers that dont know what the heck they are doing ! ;) I bought this HD rental splitter SpeedCo awhile back and it runs like a champ, starts every time on first or second pull and never misses a beat !

Attachments

• NewSplitter.jpg
    NewSplitter.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 659
   / Rental equipment @ Home Depot #5  
The skid steer is a Thomas, sorry for the small picture.

Attachments

• Thomas Equipment Inc..jpg
    Thomas Equipment Inc..jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 567
   / Rental equipment @ Home Depot #6  
Interesting -the Depot near me rents JCB equipment - they have a small TLB, mini EX & Skid steer. They also have a ditch witch mini tracked skid steer with all kinds of goodies on the trailer.

You'd think they would have all the same eq across the country - buying power and all that...

/ Rental equipment @ Home Depot #7  
hazmat said:
Interesting -the Depot near me rents JCB equipment - they have a small TLB, mini EX & Skid steer. They also have a ditch witch mini tracked skid steer with all kinds of goodies on the trailer.

You'd think they would have all the same eq across the country - buying power and all that...

Must be a regional thing. Last time I check in the New Hampshire HD's they had a bunch of JCB stuff. I think they had one of those terramites also. The JCB was interesting though.

/ Rental equipment @ Home Depot #8  
It's probably a cooperative effort with local rental companies, that would dictate different equipment in different locations.