Page 8 of 369 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 3686
  1. #71
    Super Member greg_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,086
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by TNhobbyfarmer
    Caroni and Agri Supply should love this thread.
    Concur. But unfortunately it doesn't do me any good. If I was to replace my seven foot finish mower and six foot bush hog with a medium duty Caroni flail, I'd want nothing less than a seven footer.
    //greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

  2. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Doesn't anyone on here like the Alamo flails? They're expensive, but you can mow practically anything with them. I've found that my 88" Alamo does equally well mowing pasture, trees under 1.5" diameter, and finish mowing. Neither the shaft clutch nor belts have ever slipped, either With heavier patches on the lawn, the 57hp tractor runs right through it all without the RPMs dropping perceptibly.

  3. #73
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    19,646
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by davitk
    I have a few questions for those who own the Coroni TM1900 that Agri Supply couldn't answer and I was unable to locate on the Coroni website. Forgive me if these questions have already been answered:

    1) What is the outside to outside width dimension, they can tell me cutting width is 73", but nothing else. It matters to me because of a narrow barn door.

    2) What is the cutting height range, achieved by adjusting the rear roller?

    3) What (how much) is the offset, and is the non-offset position exactly centered on the mower?

    4) AS website lists the skids as optional, seems to me they would be essential. Do they come with the mower or are they purchased in addition to the mower?

    sounds like you got a relatively inexperienced sales person from AgriSupply. Even though the Caroni brochure talks about the skids being optional, they come standard on the ones from AgriSupply. No extra cost. Look closely at the photos I posted and you will see them. They stick out about 2 inches.

    Measurements: Mower itself is 75 inches. Skid to skid is outside measurement is 79 inches. The mower would require 79+ inch wide door way. Distance from center of top link to edge of mower (not skids) is 28 inches to the left and 47 inches with offset to right (facing front). It can be adjusted so it goes even further to the right but cannot be adjusted to be symmetrically midline.

    I have six adjustment holes for my roller. Each is 3/4-7/8 of an inch center to center. I'd guess the adjustment is about one inch to 5 inches with the roller on the ground. I often cut brush with the roller off the ground and it doesn't cause any problems. I'm sure you'd want the roller down however for a lawn or nice pastureland.

  4. #74
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by davitk
    I have a few questions for those who own the Coroni TM1900 that Agri Supply couldn't answer and I was unable to locate on the Coroni website. Forgive me if these questions have already been answered:

    1) What is the outside to outside width dimension, they can tell me cutting width is 73", but nothing else. It matters to me because of a narrow barn door.

    2) What is the cutting height range, achieved by adjusting the rear roller?

    3) What (how much) is the offset, and is the non-offset position exactly centered on the mower?

    4) AS website lists the skids as optional, seems to me they would be essential. Do they come with the mower or are they purchased in addition to the mower?



    Thanks for the help!

    Just a FYI for those considering the TM1900, Agri Supply only has a few mowers in stock, one in each branch store with a new shipment expected from Italy mid-April which will replenish stock in the warehouse. My guess is the mowers in the stores have been sitting in the weather (I garage all my stuff, new should be new IMHO); I plan to wait. Of course, price will likely go up

    1) From an e-mail exchange with agri supply last year.
    Overall width is 6ft 9in. length 3ft 1in. I had asked becasue I was hoping to pick one up on the way through and would have fitted it into a horse trailer tack room.

    3) From other private messages with another TBN poster - it is not possible to center the mower behind the tractor, though I forget what the minimum offset is - I think that is either on the Caroni web site or in the specs that are part of the assembly instructions section of the owners manual. I've seen it somewhere and I still havn't bought one, so it must be freely available info.
    For me it doesn't matter, but it would add to the narrow doorway issue.

  5. #75
    Platinum Member davitk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    932
    Location
    South Central Wisconsin

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor
    Measurements: Mower itself is 75 inches. Skid to skid is outside measurement is 79 inches. The mower would require 79+ inch wide door way. Distance from center of top link to edge of mower (not skids) is 28 inches to the left and 47 inches with offset to right (facing front). It can be adjusted so it goes even further to the right but cannot be adjusted to be symmetrically midline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    3) From other private messages with another TBN poster - it is not possible to center the mower behind the tractor, though I forget what the minimum offset is - I think that is either on the Caroni web site or in the specs that are part of the assembly instructions section of the owners manual.


    Thanks, IslandTractor and Reg. That would be approximately a 9" offset? If the mower is 79", 1/2 of that is 39 1/2", add the 9" offset = 48 1/2". Add 1/2 of my tractors rear track width (70") 35" + 48 1/2" = 83 1/2" total width no go into the barn. Good to know ahead of time

    For some reason this is the first I picked up that the flail could not be centered; I must be a bit slow.

  6. #76
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by davitk
    Thanks, IslandTractor and Reg. That would be approximately a 9" offset? If the mower is 79", 1/2 of that is 39 1/2", add the 9" offset = 48 1/2". Add 1/2 of my tractors rear track width (70") 35" + 48 1/2" = 83 1/2" total width no go into the barn. Good to know ahead of time

    For some reason this is the first I picked up that the flail could not be centered; I must be a bit slow.
    28 to the left, 47 to the right == 75 left to right.
    1/2 way (center) would be 37 1/2 from each end.
    So it is off-center by either 47 - 37 1/2
    or 37 1/2 - 28
    Ummm, 9 1/2 either way, so this arithmetic is at least consistent.

    Add the 47 to half your tractor's width for worst case opening requirement
    - plus a bit for windage.

    My tractor would have it hanging out the side when on the trailer, but I think it would be within the wheel and fender width, should be OK.
    Certainly under 102 overall.

  7. #77
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    19,646
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor
    Measurements: Mower itself is 75 inches. Skid to skid is outside measurement is 79 inches. The mower would require 79+ inch wide door way.
    I forgot to mention that there is a bulge on the left side caused by the drive belt cover. For shipping purposes the mower is probably about 81 inches but because of the offset and because the left side of the mower is within the wheelbase of the tractor, that is not relevant for getting through doors.

    I don't know if you could adjust your 3pt hitch to minimize the overhang on the right. My tractor has outside rear wheel width/track of 70 inches and I'd guess the mower is offset by more than 9", more like 12-13" in my case.

    I don't have an issue as my barn doors open pretty wide but I wonder if backing in at an angle to get the mower overhang in first might make garaging possible in a tight squeeze.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let's talk flail mowers-img_4275smallfile-jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #78
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,060

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor
    I forgot to mention that there is a bulge on the left side caused by the drive belt cover. For shipping purposes the mower is probably about 81 inches but because of the offset and because the left side of the mower is within the wheelbase of the tractor, that is not relevant for getting through doors.

    I don't know if you could adjust your 3pt hitch to minimize the overhang on the right. My tractor has outside rear wheel width/track of 70 inches and I'd guess the mower is offset by more than 9", more like 12-13" in my case.

    I don't have an issue as my barn doors open pretty wide but I wonder if backing in at an angle to get the mower overhang in first might make garaging possible in a tight squeeze.
    Interesting thought...
    On a dirt floor, maybe bring it in tight to the right hand side and hit the right brake just before the mower hits the jamb ?
    If that works figure a strategy for getting it out again - like back the overhanging mower out on the slant and then hitting a steering brake to spin the tractor ?

  9. #79
    Super Member greg_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,086
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Tractor
    JD3720 Cab, 300X loader with 4-in-1 bucket

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    On a dirt floor, maybe bring it in tight to the right hand side and hit the right brake just before the mower hits the jamb ? If that works figure a strategy for getting it out again - like back the overhanging mower out on the slant and then hitting a steering brake to spin the tractor ?
    Sounds complicated. It be easier just to weld on another set of implement lift pin brackets that would simply center the mower. It's a trade off; the offset tthat mows up close, for the ability to get through a door.

    //greg//
    USN (Ret)
    Former Chinese tractor owner (x4)
    Current John Deere owner

  10. #80
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    19,646
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: Let's talk flail mowers

    Quote Originally Posted by greg_g
    Sounds complicated. It be easier just to weld on another set of implement lift pin brackets that would simply center the mower. It's a trade off; the offset tthat mows up close, for the ability to get through a door.

    //greg//
    Sounds logical but be careful of the gearbox location. It is already set up so that the gearbox normally is off center (look closely at some of the photos I posted). This is so that when you extend the mower further to the right that the PTO can still reach. If you tried to move the mower further to the left than it is already you'd have to insure that the angle between tractor PTO and gearbox is acceptable.

Page 8 of 369 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.