Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Hi all, I am looking for a hitch for my 08 kubota ZG222. I would like to pull a yard cart for mulch etc. I have searched this to death and still can't come up with one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks as always!

  2. #2

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Quote Originally Posted by lawn man
    Hi all, I am looking for a hitch for my 08 kubota ZG222. I would like to pull a yard cart for mulch etc. I have searched this to death and still can't come up with one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks as always!

    I don't think you will find a commercial hitch because of the potential damage that could be caused by doing a zero turn with something attached.

    You could weld or bolt on a metal bar with hole which a typical lawn cart would attach to be be aware, try a zero turn and the wagon and you could over turn. Maybe a wagon with swivel wheels?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    32
    Location
    Gloucester Co, VA
    Tractor
    Hinomoto E18D

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Interesting, My ZD21 has a flange on the rear with a hole in it for attaching a cart. Looks like kubota did away with that with the next generation and possibly a good thing. I have considered hooking a lawn vac to it but that would slow down my mowing considerably. I went from a conventional rider 48" to this 60" zero turn and it cut my mowing time by at least half. Still I have areas I would like to vac up.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Rara Avis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,023
    Location
    USA
    Tractor
    John Deere

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaning
    Interesting, My ZD21 has a flange on the rear with a hole in it for attaching a cart. Looks like kubota did away with that with the next generation and possibly a good thing. I have considered hooking a lawn vac to it but that would slow down my mowing considerably. I went from a conventional rider 48" to this 60" zero turn and it cut my mowing time by at least half. Still I have areas I would like to vac up.
    Here's one for a zero turn...

    DR® Power Equipment - DRĀ® Leaf and Lawn Vacuum - 7 HP Premier- Garden tractor attachment

  5. #5
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,015
    Location
    midwest
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerdoc
    I don't think you will find a commercial hitch because of the potential damage that could be caused by doing a zero turn with something attached.

    You could weld or bolt on a metal bar with hole which a typical lawn cart would attach to be be aware, try a zero turn and the wagon and you could over turn. Maybe a wagon with swivel wheels?
    My Toro Z Master is commercial duty and has an optional hitch. It was just a peice of 3"x3"x1/4" angle iron. I made my one and fastened it on. I use it to pull my fertilizer spreader. Have to be careful on sharp turns.

  6. #6
    Elite Member 4shorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,179
    Location
    Bay Roberts, Newfoundland
    Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Quote Originally Posted by lawn man View Post
    Hi all, I am looking for a hitch for my 08 kubota ZG222. I would like to pull a yard cart for mulch etc. I have searched this to death and still can't come up with one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks as always!

    My dealer delivered my new 09 ZG222 yesterday. Very nice unit. I'll be fabricating a custom hitch for mine and will post a few pics when I get it completed.
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

    Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

    YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

    2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

  7. #7

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts View Post
    My dealer delivered my new 09 ZG222 yesterday. Very nice unit. I'll be fabricating a custom hitch for mine and will post a few pics when I get it completed.
    Necro bump, I clicked and saw I replied 3 days ago, I thought I must have had a black out then realized it was a year and 3 days.

  8. #8
    Elite Member 4shorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,179
    Location
    Bay Roberts, Newfoundland
    Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

    Default Re: KUBOTA HITCH FOR ZERO TURN? HELP>>

    Quote Originally Posted by dangerdoc View Post
    Necro bump, I clicked and saw I replied 3 days ago, I thought I must have had a black out then realized it was a year and 3 days.



    Sorry about that. The problem is that I didn't even know what a ZTR was a year and three days ago so seeing I now have one I figured I'd just post on the subject. Again. Sorry for the confusion
    I guess there's no need for me to post photo's of my custom hitch now
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

    Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

    YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

    2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.