Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Default TSC Tillers

    Was at my local TSC store today looking at the clearence items. Well about a month ago they got in a new color rototiller, kind of grey blue. They look almost identical to the KK, 6' $1299 KK 6' $1699... 5' $999. KK 5' $1399. I figure I dont need one now..... well when I was there today the grey blue ones were CLEARENCE 6' $900 5' $800. now they only have them for a month !!!!! I went to the manager asked WHY ???????? He said some line about they test marketed them and the higher ups decided not to sell them so they are selling them on a clearence. Well as I said they look almost exactly like KK and parts are interchangeable, so I said Ill take the 6' . He said to me they are all 3 sold !!!!!! The manager I never really liked he kindof said it in a Smart A** tone I told him well there are no sold signs on them and he just walked away. I dont relly know why thy are stopping selling these but I cant even find a used 6 ' for $900. Well I think someone is buying all 3 for resale or else a rental place is buying them. V

  2. #2
    Banned shvl73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,552
    Location
    NH
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2810HST

    Default Re: TSC Tillers


  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    HayDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,867
    Location
    Johnson City, TN
    Tractor
    JD 2040,2240, 2355, 2755, 4055

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    Quote Originally Posted by vettemanwight View Post
    Was at my local TSC store today looking at the clearence items. Well about a month ago they got in a new color rototiller, kind of grey blue. They look almost identical to the KK, 6' $1299 KK 6' $1699... 5' $999. KK 5' $1399. I figure I dont need one now..... well when I was there today the grey blue ones were CLEARENCE 6' $900 5' $800. now they only have them for a month !!!!! I went to the manager asked WHY ???????? He said some line about they test marketed them and the higher ups decided not to sell them so they are selling them on a clearence. Well as I said they look almost exactly like KK and parts are interchangeable, so I said Ill take the 6' . He said to me they are all 3 sold !!!!!! The manager I never really liked he kindof said it in a Smart A** tone I told him well there are no sold signs on them and he just walked away. I dont relly know why thy are stopping selling these but I cant even find a used 6 ' for $900. Well I think someone is buying all 3 for resale or else a rental place is buying them. V
    Those are KK reruns

  4. #4

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    I guess I rambled a little too much. My point was that they only had them for a month and now they were "clearence" items. And that someone bought them for less than you could buy a used one. V

  5. #5
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    16,296
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    I still don't know if these Dark Horse tillers are a deal or not. $900 is an unbelievable price but the one report on TBN from a new user showed a number of issues right off the bat. If it is just a matter of brittle tines and bolts that can be easily fixed with KK replacement parts for much less than the cost differential between a KK branded tiller assembled in Ohio with Chinese parts and a Dark Horse tiller assembled in China from Chinese parts.

    I have one on hold for me at a TSC but haven't decided whether to pick it up or not.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member NewToy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,022
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    '05 Farmtrac 270DTC

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    Quote Originally Posted by IslandTractor View Post
    I still don't know if these Dark Horse tillers are a deal or not. $900 is an unbelievable price but the one report on TBN from a new user showed a number of issues right off the bat. If it is just a matter of brittle tines and bolts that can be easily fixed with KK replacement parts for much less than the cost differential between a KK branded tiller assembled in Ohio with Chinese parts and a Dark Horse tiller assembled in China from Chinese parts.

    I have one on hold for me at a TSC but haven't decided whether to pick it up or not.
    If you have one "on hold" you should go get it. That's how that works, you tell them to hold it and you'll be back and get it. They held it, now it's your turn.

    John
    Farmtrac 270 DTC

  7. #7
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    16,296
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    Quote Originally Posted by NewToy View Post
    If you have one "on hold" you should go get it. That's how that works, you tell them to hold it and you'll be back and get it. They held it, now it's your turn.

    John
    Actually I've paid for it already. I just bought it over the phone at the end of last week and they know it will be a week or two before I can get time off to get a trailer for the 100 mile trip to fetch it.

    I bought it knowing it was a test marketed product but not one where the decision to not support it had already been made. I've gotten such mixed messages on that from TSC that I'm just not sure what is going on. If I can be reassured that the KK parts will really fit then I will take it.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member NewToy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,022
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    '05 Farmtrac 270DTC

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    Are Dark Horse and KK part of the same corporate entity or are the Dark Horses just taking advantage of an expired patent? I'm guessing the parts will interchange from the commentary I've read regarding their similarities. My local TSC didn't have them in stock. If they are indeed two different companies I would think KK would be a bit miffed having the knockoff being sold right next to their quasi-USA unit. Maybe they exerted some pressure on TSC to drop the DH from their lineup. I'm sure it'll be a fine unit and if not take advantage of the 30 day return policy.

    John
    Farmtrac 270 DTC

  9. #9
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    16,296
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    Quote Originally Posted by NewToy View Post
    Are Dark Horse and KK part of the same corporate entity or are the Dark Horses just taking advantage of an expired patent?
    ......

    I'm sure it'll be a fine unit and if not take advantage of the 30 day return policy.
    I don't believe they are related. Dark Horse seems to be a TSC initiative using an unnamed Chinese manufacturer that has copied the KK tiller (?perhaps at TSCs request).

    The 30 day return may not be honored. At least one TBN member has bought the DH then had a few problems and immediately tried to get warranty support which was denied. Not certain he tried to return it though.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member NewToy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,022
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    '05 Farmtrac 270DTC

    Default Re: TSC Tillers

    They took back a Cub 1500GT tractor I had a few problems with. I brought it back on day 30 and they refunded the entire purchase price, no questions asked. I would be surprised if they didn't do the same for a disgruntled Dark Horse owner.

    John
    Farmtrac 270 DTC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.