Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    47,509
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: RFM vs Rotary mower?

    EVERYONE..

    howse , king kutter, john deer, rhino, bush hog.. etc.. just to name a few..

    there are dozens of manufacturers..

    soundguy

  2. #12
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    161
    Location
    United Sates

    Default Re: RFM vs Rotary mower?

    List of Rotary Cutter Manufacturers:

    Woods
    Land Pride
    King Kutter
    Bush Hog
    Rhino
    Taylor Pittsburgh (Taylor-Way)
    Alamo
    M & W (discontinued)
    Howse
    Kodiak
    Tennessee River Implement
    Modern Mfg
    Schulte
    John Deere
    Bush Whacker (Hall Mfg)
    Degelman
    Bobcat
    Midwest (bankrupt)
    Hawkline
    Highline
    Brown

    Other brands have equipment made for them:

    Massey Ferguson (Rhino - Alamo Group)
    Case & New Holland (Modern Mfg)
    McCormick (Taylor Pittsburgh Mfg)
    Montana (King Kutter, Howse, Ag Meier, and maybe others)

    And many distributors have their own brand:

    Silver Edge (Lovett & Tharp - Georgia) made by Howse I think
    Ag Maxx (ACI - Missouri)
    Cimarron (Howse Equipment - sold to multiple distributors in the U.S.)


    There are several others that are slipping my mind right now, but this is a fairly comprehensive list.

  3. #13
    Elite Member WilliamBos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,473
    Location
    Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
    Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

    Default Re: RFM vs Rotary mower?

    Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    List of Rotary Cutter Manufacturers:

    Woods
    Land Pride
    King Kutter
    Bush Hog
    Rhino
    Taylor Pittsburgh (Taylor-Way)
    Alamo
    M & W (discontinued)
    Howse
    Kodiak
    Tennessee River Implement
    Modern Mfg
    Schulte
    John Deere
    Bush Whacker (Hall Mfg)
    Degelman
    Bobcat
    Midwest (bankrupt)
    Hawkline
    Highline
    Brown

    Other brands have equipment made for them:

    Massey Ferguson (Rhino - Alamo Group)
    Case & New Holland (Modern Mfg)
    McCormick (Taylor Pittsburgh Mfg)
    Montana (King Kutter, Howse, Ag Meier, and maybe others)

    And many distributors have their own brand:

    Silver Edge (Lovett & Tharp - Georgia) made by Howse I think
    Ag Maxx (ACI - Missouri)
    Cimarron (Howse Equipment - sold to multiple distributors in the U.S.)


    There are several others that are slipping my mind right now, but this is a fairly comprehensive list.

    Thank you. It is alwayw nice to know who actually builds this stuff.

    What I would really love is a RFM style rough cut mower, just for the compact design. I will have to measure, but I think a rotary cutter would havg off our trailer a fair bit. I check some websites, and no one lists a rough cut mower. Unless it is something that is not in high demand.
    Thanks,

    Will


    I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

  4. #14
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    161
    Location
    United Sates

    Default Re: RFM vs Rotary mower?

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
    Thank you. It is alwayw nice to know who actually builds this stuff.

    What I would really love is a RFM style rough cut mower, just for the compact design. I will have to measure, but I think a rotary cutter would havg off our trailer a fair bit. I check some websites, and no one lists a rough cut mower. Unless it is something that is not in high demand.
    Rough cut mower is only one name that they call these types of mowers. Others would be Rotary cutter, rotary mower, and brush hog.

  5. #15
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    218
    Location
    South Central KY
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSD

    Default Re: RFM vs Rotary mower?

    As others have indicated, rough cut and finish mowers are really designed for different tasks. Apparently the length dimension is an important criteria for you, but you've not indicated what type of cutting you would like to do. I have a Woods PRD6000 RFM that I cut several somewhat rough acres with. Although I try to keep on top of cutting when the growth is about calf high or less, I sometimes use it on considerably longer growth. I even sometimes use it on waist high although I mostly double cut under that circumstance. The areas I'm cutting are mostly grass of various types, mixed weeds, briars, etc. This choice works well for me and I work it pretty hard. It will cut small saplings, but I wouldn't routinely use it to cut anything over about 1/2"- 3/4" in diameter. If land clearing of heavy growth is your primary use I think a rough cut mower would be a better choice.

  6. #16
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    161
    Location
    United Sates

    Default Re: RFM vs Rotary mower?

    Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Rough cut mower is only one name that they call these types of mowers. Others would be Rotary cutter, rotary mower, and brush hog.
    Since I couldn't edit my post anymore, I decided to quote myself, which I don't make a habit of doing.... but I just remembered that some people also call them "shredders". So... add that one to the list.

    Here is a picture of what many call a rotary cutter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.