Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,826
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Bleedgreen and Kenny D,
    Is there anything wrong with putting two tee's in the front aux circuit to allow for an additional set of coupers at the rear. I rarely use the front aux couplers and recognize you would need to use only one pair (front or rear) at a time. Right now I have the three section diverter valve with three sets of rear outlets, if I can tee into the front aux circuit I could have four sets of outlets at the rear and have full control of a hydraulic rear blade with the joystick. This would still maintain the boom and curl circuits to work too.

    To be more specific are the couplers able to withstand the system pressures while unplugged in this scenario? I would rather not have to add shutoff valves.
    Go for it. As long ones set of couplers is empty you will not have any problems.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  2. #12
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,392
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Thanks for the response Kenny D.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member jimgerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,637
    Location
    Minnesota
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Thanks for the pics, and I'm impressed with the design and the accomplishment.
    The pics leave me "somewhat" enthused. But the added clutter leaves me with the desire to find a better design, or do without.
    No offense meant, but are the lines extra heavy duty or large and necessary, or could they be smaller such as 1/4" or 3/8" ?
    And the control valve assembly? Could it be a bit more petite?
    The suppply and return hoses are 1/2" (that's inner diameter), size determined by JD for the expected flowrate. To use smaller hoses would work, but limit flowrate and cause a continuous heat-generating restriction. Likewise, valves are spec'ed by flowrate (and pressure), and this one is just slightly higher flowrate rated than my 9 gpm tractor. From memory, it is a Prince sectional and is rated 12 gpm. All the front-end lever mounting and remoting is home-brewed to allow mounting the valve back where there is room and to put it where the work is, but bring the controls forward to where they are easy to operate.
    340 hours on the tractor with this hydraulic setup and it is working great and I am happy with it. Here is a bit more info on the original thread:
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...et-3720-a.html
    Its always possible to make things more compact and tidy, and maybe you will find the way. Just be sure to buy components rated for the flowrate you have (Hydraulics 101), to maintain efficiency and keep from making a lot of hot oil. Also, I recommend keeping in mind serviceability. If you jamb everything under the fender it will be a bear to hook up to, and nightmare when you want to repair or improve. The stock loader valve is a good example. If you need to work on it, plan a half day to get it out of the tractor.

  4. #14
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    12,015
    Location
    Upper Midwest USA
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Jim
    Good points, and appreciate the info.
    Guess I'm thinking that occasional use (adjusting links, hyd cyl repositioning, and such) could be done with restricted flow, but then if a hyd. motor would need more flow (would include running a splitter too and backhoe too).

  5. #15
    Veteran Member jimgerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,637
    Location
    Minnesota
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Jim
    Good points, and appreciate the info.
    Guess I'm thinking that occasional use (adjusting links, hyd cyl repositioning, and such) could be done with restricted flow, but then if a hyd. motor would need more flow (would include running a splitter too and backhoe too).
    Um, let me clarify one point. What you say is correct (remotes for top and tilt, spout rotation, etc, could run slow due to small hose diameter, and still be perfectly acceptable). BUT, you still must install a valve rated for the tractor's max flowrate, or higher, and plumb it with appropriate hose size. The valve is plumbed into the flow. Everything on an open center system is in series. Any valve body installed must easily flow the full volume, even when no selector circuit is actuated, or restriction and heat are produced. So installing a slightly small (flowrated) valve with slightly undersized hose will cause the operating temp of your entire system to rise, and all other functions (like loader and 3-point) to run slow. Items that require the highest flow, like backhoes, are typically tapped into the power beyond ports. Power beyond allows being able to cut into the flow loop, open it up, and insert your backhoe valve for full flow.
    Hope that helps...

  6. #16
    Advertiser kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    11,826
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Jim
    Good points, and appreciate the info.
    Guess I'm thinking that occasional use (adjusting links, hyd cyl repositioning, and such) could be done with restricted flow, but then if a hyd. motor would need more flow (would include running a splitter too and backhoe too).
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgerken View Post
    Um, let me clarify one point. What you say is correct (remotes for top and tilt, spout rotation, etc, could run slow due to small hose diameter, and still be perfectly acceptable). BUT, you still must install a valve rated for the tractor's max flowrate, or higher, and plumb it with appropriate hose size. The valve is plumbed into the flow. Everything on an open center system is in series. Any valve body installed must easily flow the full volume, even when no selector circuit is actuated, or restriction and heat are produced. So installing a slightly small (flowrated) valve with slightly undersized hose will cause the operating temp of your entire system to rise, and all other functions (like loader and 3-point) to run slow. Items that require the highest flow, like backhoes, are typically tapped into the power beyond ports. Power beyond allows being able to cut into the flow loop, open it up, and insert your backhoe valve for full flow.
    Hope that helps...
    Jim is 100% correct. Basically what he is saying (just to summarize or say it a different way) is that the "work" ports can be plumbed with small (1/4") hoses, but the IN and OUT ports must be sized to the tractor's system since the flow is constant through them whenever the tractor is running.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com



    Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

    Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

    Visit our YouTube Channel

  7. #17
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    12,015
    Location
    Upper Midwest USA
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Thanks, the point made is loud and clear, and accepted as good information to have under the belt. I was thinking of the work ports (and not thinking about the flow through the valve set). Appreciate the clarity.

  8. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4
    Tractor
    NEW HOLLAND 1520

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Hello Jim,
    I certainly hope that your Dad is still around, to realize just how wrong he was about you as a 12 yr. old kid. I know that I am impressed!!
    Regards,
    Bob

  9. #19
    Veteran Member jimgerken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,637
    Location
    Minnesota
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

    Default Re: Is it possible to add more Rear Remotes and a 3rd SCV???

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Soles View Post
    Hello Jim,
    I certainly hope that your Dad is still around, to realize just how wrong he was about you as a 12 yr. old kid. I know that I am impressed!!
    Regards,
    Bob
    Well Bob, thanks much for the compliment. You sure have me wondering where you got your information about me and my Dad. Makes me think we maybe know each other, maybe one of my posts I forgot about? Anyway, Dad passed away over four years ago now, but would be thrilled, I am sure, to know I have kept the farm together and am planning on living there soon. He was the smartest man I ever knew, in ways most of the Engineers I work with today couldn't comprehend.

    P.S.; WELCOME to TBN !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.