Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Bradco bachoe questions...

    Have a Bradco 9hd backhoe from a skid loader that we mounted to our WD45. Tractor has an old PTO hydro pump, seems to work well.

    Problem is that there doesn't seem to be enough pressure for the backhoe. The stabilizers won't completely lift the tractor off the ground. Loader has 20 gallons of fluid in it and almost all the lines are new. From the pump it goes to the relief valve which is directly threaded into the diverter valve. I took the relief valve apart (ball/spring type) and it had already been threaded in the entire way. And the backhoe has a new filter.

    I was told that the backhoe is most likely a closed loop type. And the tractor being an open loop as the return just dumps unrestricted into the reservoir. Anyone know if that could be the problem? Loader and hoe are plenty fast. The loader will lift about 1500# and when the bucket its tilted down it easily lifts the front of the tractor off the ground at idle. Have only tested the backhoe's functions as we are not quite done with the mount yet.


  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,756
    Location
    Central VA, USA
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by 55acwd45 View Post
    Have a Bradco 9hd backhoe from a skid loader that we mounted to our WD45. Tractor has an old PTO hydro pump, seems to work well.

    Problem is that there doesn't seem to be enough pressure for the backhoe. The stabilizers won't completely lift the tractor off the ground. Loader has 20 gallons of fluid in it and almost all the lines are new. From the pump it goes to the relief valve which is directly threaded into the diverter valve. I took the relief valve apart (ball/spring type) and it had already been threaded in the entire way. And the backhoe has a new filter.

    I was told that the backhoe is most likely a closed loop type. And the tractor being an open loop as the return just dumps unrestricted into the reservoir. Anyone know if that could be the problem? Loader and hoe are plenty fast. The loader will lift about 1500# and when the bucket its tilted down it easily lifts the front of the tractor off the ground at idle. Have only tested the backhoe's functions as we are not quite done with the mount yet.


    You will need at least 11gpm to operated the backhoe...that's the Bradco spec, not mine..I have a 511 bradco and use their PTO pump setup..holds 15gals of fluid and put outs at least 14gpm..your resevoir tank must be at least as large as the hyd pump capacity..BobG in Va

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    I guess I should have specified more clearly, the loader and hoe use the same reservoir and PTO pump. The tank has 20 gallons in it right now and should hold a few more gallons. I don't know what my pump is, but I'd guess that it is around 20gpm. I think its 11-14gpm spec for the hoe. From what I've read they work fine with stock pumps like on a kubota, just very slow. The vertical sections of pipe and the two bars that make up the loader frame at the reservoir tank. Should be enough there to suck the heat out of the oil.

    Do you know if the return line on yours has pressure or just dumps into the tank?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Wolfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Location
    a small town
    Tractor
    Ford 1710, 1600 Kubota L3710, G6200, Simplicity, Allis Chalmers, Montgomery Wards garden tractors

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    I usually lift the tires clear off the ground with the hoe, then lower the stabilizers, seems easier.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I usually lift the tires clear off the ground with the hoe, then lower the stabilizers, seems easier.
    The hoe won't lift the tractor either... it should if it had full pressure.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    When switching from loader to backhoe on the diverter it would lug the engine more. It ended up being the backhoes bronze filter cannot flow enough. The filter was brand new and clean. Took it out and it does not load the tractor now. Will have to put a canister filter on it. Still doesn't fix the power problem though.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    Getting there. Have a new relief valve, filter/assembly and gauges on the way. Should be able to get it up to full power after that. Had to beef up the mount quite a bit for the top link. New inline filter for the backhoe (sintered bronze) was too restrictive and put a load on the tractor.

    I wonder if the backhoe working as it should could lift the back end of the tractor off the ground with the boom fully extended? Do the cylinders have more digging than pushing power?


  8. #8
    Veteran Member srs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,046
    Location
    Jarrettsville Maryland
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030 HSDC

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by 55acwd45 View Post
    Had to beef up the mount quite a bit for the top link.
    Can you post a pic how you "beefed" up the mount? Thanks in advance.
    Stanley----Kubota B3030 HSDC

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...





    Added 1/2" thick 5" wide flat bar on tractor side behind the channel.
    Made a new piece for the hoe side. Its 6" wide channel with 4" chanel welded inside of it.
    Added 2" wide angle 1/4" thick to corners of mount. And on the hoe side where the tabs for the top link are welded them to a 1/2 thick plate and welded the plate to the channel.
    That picture is before but it doesn't look much different. Had to build the entire mount.
    I'd guess that the backhoe mount weighs over 100# now. The skidsteer (Gehl?) mount it had was very beefy.
    With the loader and backhoe I'd guess the tractor weighs 7000-7500#. Should dig well.


  10. #10
    Veteran Member srs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,046
    Location
    Jarrettsville Maryland
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030 HSDC

    Default Re: Bradco bachoe questions...

    thanks for the pics and info. good job!
    Stanley----Kubota B3030 HSDC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hydro leak- Questions
    By RadarTech in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
  2. Questions before my M6040 Purchase
    By air19 in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 09:54 PM
  3. B7500 w/a bradco backhoe
    By YGuy in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 02:31 PM
  4. Tractor Questions
    By SKOALMAN in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2003, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.