Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    46
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 DT, Kubota L275.

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Well, Arrow, if you'll read my post mentioning "high handed" I referred only to myself, and personal experiences over the last 40+ years, and I stated it as an opinion of the way others would refer to me (and have), because I've made mistakes, just like everyone else. You are right about me being careful with personal information, I've had my identity stolen once, and although I was careful, even before that, to make sure I had the proper "protections" in place, it still cost me a lot of time and trouble, to get things fixed.
    There was no "assumption" on my part that the company was being high-handed, that was a personal opinion of anyone who thinks a potential customer owes a company any kind of "duty" to provide them anything other than payment for a sale.

    In the case of this company in particular, my only issue was whether or not there was any way for me to get in contact with them other than a telephone, as due to an illness, I was unable to talk for several weeks, but fortunately, we live in an age where communication by e-mail or text is possible, if someone is available to answer the questions. (Although I'd much rather contact someone face-to-face, since I'm actually very comfortable in dealing directly with others.) But what spurred my original post, was simply to ask if anyone knew anything about the company, whether they were one who "closed for the holidays" or if someone just knew who some of their dealers were. If you'll look over the thread again, you can see that the post you quote from was in response to another poster who was suggesting that I would be wrong not to provide a bunch of information just to find out who sold a product that I thought looked interesting. I still disagree with that premise, and may or may not purchase one of their products from a dealer, but that will depend on how my research on the product goes, AND on how the dealer responds. I simply have "options" available, whether it be this product or another that performs similar tasks, and whichever I purchase, if any, will be based on my personal opinion of the product and of the dealer or manufacturer in question. So, as you said it appears that I have "different criteria."

  2. #22
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,044
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
    Quick update - my inquiry must have been assigned to a sales rep. I received a pleasant email response. I had asked two questions:

    1) do they have a BC-3000 for my loader (kubota LA 240 on a BX-24)?
    2) are there any dealers in my general area?

    Dear xxx,

    We currently do not have a fit for your Kubota loader; however if you would like I can send you a Brush crusher measurement form that you can complete and I can forward this to my engineering department and we can see if we would have a fit for your Kubota loader. Please give me a call or shoot me an email and let me know if you would like me to send this to you.

    Please email me or call me toll free at 1-877-423-0070 ext xxx if you have any additional questions. My direct email is xxx@westendorfmfg.com.

    Sincerely,

    xxx xxx
    Westendorf Sales Team



    Like I said, a very pleasant email and no phone call to deal with. However, I still have no idea if there is a dealer anywhere near me. Since I had to include my address in the info they required it would seem that they should be able to answer if there is a dealer in my area or not. Is the dealer list top secret???

    Since I would have to go through a dealer to purchase anyway, I'd sure like to know who to work with. I'd think the chances are good the dealer could help me with the measurement form, may well have experience in getting the correct specs/measurements from doing other fittings.

    Well, not going to be wanting one until spring anyway. I have time to think if I want to pursue this any further...
    I do not know if their policy has changed over the last couple of years but they were willing to deal with me directly with no dealer middleman.

  3. #23
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,044
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueTractor View Post
    But why should anyone have to provide a bunch of private information just to get a list of local dealers? It does appear that they are unwilling to deal with you unless you do it their way, and that seems kinda "high-handed" to me. But to each their own....
    1. The premise of initial contact may well go beyond a simple request and a more standardized service covers all those variables. Many questions can come up and information can get lost in the shuffle so as a more sound business practice for those wishing to sell things it is better to get the info now rather than later to assure of any future ability to contact. If computers crash or phones go down, they still have a way of contacting you no matter how seemingly insignificant the initial contact might be. That is what a good company does.
    2. and this is what I mean. You and others are under the assumption that "it appears" that this company was acting untoward in some form or fashion. This was based on the rant of the op and nothing more but still, this company now becomes "guilty" of "high handedness" to some. This to me is unfair and is much like when someone accuses some one else of improper conduct. Whether it has happened or not means absolutely nothing, the onus of the accusation or even the inference is still there and in some cases, it has ruined lives.
    Westerndorf is a company that has bent over backwards for their customers because they know it is a good business modality. If one is not aware of the exemplary customer service of Westerndorf, they become something less with a thread such as this and it was all based on an assumption because for all we know, there is the possibility that the computer program they purchased throws out inquiries if not filled out in full. These programs are there to protect both the company and customer as companies get all kinds of contacts by pure loonies. Based on my dealings with Westerndorf, I am quite confident that no one there made a basic attempt to ignore anyone as it goes against what seems to be the very fiber of their existence and that is excellent customer service.
    There are certainly things people need to be suspicious of but Westerndorf is not one of that. Of course since no one here knows me from atom, I'm confident that this assertion will be also taken with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by arrow; 01-05-2012 at 02:23 PM.

  4. #24
    Elite Member dex3361's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,571
    Location
    N. of Charleston WV
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Dex. These are not to be compared to a grapple with work criteria anyway. These pincers come in very handy for those unable or non desirous of installing any other remote hydraulic hook up to actuate an additional attachment. These need nothing but the already there mounting holes as they are fel cylinder actuated.
    Thanks that is good for those that do not have hydraulic capability. Thanks for the info.
    Randall



    1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
    From: The HOLY BIBLE

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    46
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 DT, Kubota L275.

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    OK, Arrow, you've taken me, and some others to task for expressing opinions. In doing so, you've expressed your own opinion, and it appears that you and I are never going to be friends.

    Since I've now been made aware that it's apparently wrong to question what a company does, I will not report on this forum what decision I make, or anything that might reflect on a company, either negatively nor positively, as that is the only way I can see to appear to be "fair."

    Even so, I respect your right to have an opinion, even a negative one, about me, and hope the rest of your experiences this new year are all to your liking.

    For everyone else, now that I've established contact with the company, I do appreciate your help and input, and wish you a happy and prosperous new year as well.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member GolfAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,338
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    ...

    Since I've now been made aware that it's apparently wrong to question what a company does, I will not report on this forum what decision I make, or anything that might reflect on a company, either negatively nor positively, as that is the only way I can see to appear to be "fair."

    ....
    Alpha Dog, it is quite OK to post your opinions on your experiences, negative or positive. I see it done all the time, and we all can learn from others experiences. As a new member I hope you haven't been too soured here in this thread.

    Arrow, I did not see AD's original post as really much of a rant against the company. He didn't like having to provide personal info just to get dealer info, and frankly I didn't much like it either - and I still haven't gotten dealer info from them yet (although I have no doubt that if I contacted once more I could get it). Some posters agreed that you shouldn't have to give personal info, others thought it was ok - all their own opinions. AD also has made us all aware that his subsequent dealings with the company have been good.

    He, I, and others have pointed out that their web site may need some basic work, like having a dealer listing, but I don't think anyone was trashing the company or their products. I, for one, am still quite interested in the Brush Crusher 3000.

    I hope that I am not one of the ones you are thinking is unfairly accusing the company of improper behavior.

  7. #27
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    347
    Location
    Eads, TN

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    In today's world, people are leery of business practices that ask for you personal information upfront before conducting any types of business, especially with identity theft, scammers, and spammers.

    IMO, I think ANY company needs to reevaluate this type of approach, even though it may be completely legit. I feel that they may be running off potential customers with this approach. Again, this is just my observation and nothing more.

  8. #28
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,044
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    OK, Arrow, you've taken me, and some others to task for expressing opinions. In doing so, you've expressed your own opinion, and it appears that you and I are never going to be friends.

    Since I've now been made aware that it's apparently wrong to question what a company does, I will not report on this forum what decision I make, or anything that might reflect on a company, either negatively nor positively, as that is the only way I can see to appear to be "fair."

    Even so, I respect your right to have an opinion, even a negative one, about me, and hope the rest of your experiences this new year are all to your liking.

    For everyone else, now that I've established contact with the company, I do appreciate your help and input, and wish you a happy and prosperous new year as well.
    You are not correct there sir. I do not debate with you because of an opinion. If you or others were bothered by what Westerndorf did or didn't do, I was providing information and alternative thinking that might mitigate that feeling. I hope I can state what to me is fair and unfair at any time in this forum and remain a gentleman about it. And as always, people are not that far removed from each other in these opinions. One of the things I lament is that there are so many scumbags in the world, it has made all of us on the look out for such and Tact is unfortunately correct, companies must now re-evaluate their customer contact criteria. My attempt was to offer at least some solace about Westerndorf which has a history of being one of the more stand up companies out there. I am guilty of charging the windmill of defending the good because of all the bad that exists. The actions of the less than righteous have created a cancer in all of our mindsets and I just hate to succumb to this evil where I don't have to. My problem is I may get over exuberent at times about this because I just can't stand to think of yet another victory of the unrighteous of perpetrating negative mindsets in you and I and all and as a result, would rather spread good news when it provides itself in the rare occasion. Although the feeling may not be mutual on your end, I wish you the best of health and a great New Year and thank you for the exchange.
    Lou
    Last edited by arrow; 01-06-2012 at 01:20 PM.

  9. #29
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    4,044
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
    Alpha Dog, it is quite OK to post your opinions on your experiences, negative or positive. I see it done all the time, and we all can learn from others experiences. As a new member I hope you haven't been too soured here in this thread.

    Arrow, I did not see AD's original post as really much of a rant against the company. He didn't like having to provide personal info just to get dealer info, and frankly I didn't much like it either - and I still haven't gotten dealer info from them yet (although I have no doubt that if I contacted once more I could get it). Some posters agreed that you shouldn't have to give personal info, others thought it was ok - all their own opinions. AD also has made us all aware that his subsequent dealings with the company have been good.

    He, I, and others have pointed out that their web site may need some basic work, like having a dealer listing, but I don't think anyone was trashing the company or their products. I, for one, am still quite interested in the Brush Crusher 3000.

    I hope that I am not one of the ones you are thinking is unfairly accusing the company of improper behavior.
    I'm not certain how to respond to this last part GA. I do not think it matters what I think about anything to anyone on this forum the least of which is what I may or may not be thinking of people. I come across as opinionated, so what. I harbor no ill feelings to anyone on this forum no matter how differentiated the opinion may be. I make mistakes , I type the wrong things or things get misconstrued on how I word things (I'm good at that in real life as well) Some people get really wrapped up in this cyber world where intonations, real meanings and tell tale body language is all missing and as a result, people get perturbed because the real message may never come across. I can't seem to control any of that stuff. I appreciate just about everyone on here.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member GolfAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,338
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

    Default Re: Westendorf Brush Crushers again

    Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    I'm not certain how to respond to this last part GA. I do not think it matters what I think about anything to anyone on this forum the least of which is what I may or may not be thinking of people. I come across as opinionated, so what. I harbor no ill feelings to anyone on this forum no matter how differentiated the opinion may be. I make mistakes , I type the wrong things or things get misconstrued on how I word things (I'm good at that in real life as well) Some people get really wrapped up in this cyber world where intonations, real meanings and tell tale body language is all missing and as a result, people get perturbed because the real message may never come across. I can't seem to control any of that stuff. I appreciate just about everyone on here.
    Well, it does matter to me. If folks think I'm unfairly accusing a company of improper behavior I want to more carefully construct my posts. I don't want my posts to be misunderstood. I can certainly agree that it's easy to not make our writings say what we may really be intending...

    For what it's worth, it was your earlier response about having used their process without any issues, etc., that got me to take the step and go ahead and give them my info so I could get theirs - so thanks!

    Peace.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KK brush hog
    By foggy1111 in forum Attachments
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 12:36 PM
  2. Heavy Brush Clearing w Rocks
    By parisq in forum Projects
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-22-2009, 12:09 AM
  3. Day of ck30hst brush hogging
    By Highbeam in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
  4. DR Field & Brush Cutter Recall
    By BB_TX in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 12:36 PM
  5. Rotary Cutter Flail vs Brush cutter... Who wins?
    By 7sam15 in forum Attachments
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.