Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Rock & debris bucket

    I have been looking for a rock and debris bucket for my MX5100 and found this manufacturer doing a search, Hayspear.com. Here is a link to the bucket.Rock rake and bucket has removable ends is 84" long

    I need a 72" bucket and they can make one for less than the 84" shown on the website link.

    I am hoping to find someone that has had some experience with this company and can advise me about the quality and functionality of their products.

  2. #2
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    As a followup to my prior message my plan is to use this as a poor man's rock picker. I intend to rake the area first with a Bush Hog scraper scarifier with just the scarifies extended to rip the area and then followup with the rock bucket/rake to pick up the rocks. Can anyone provide me with some thoughts of the plan and why it may not work? Also, I am clearing some brush areas and I thought the bucket would be ideal for that project.

  3. #3
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    I am attempting to keep this thread alive hoping that someone on the list may have some experience with this. I also have another question somewhat related that someone may be able to address. I am looking at some Bush Hog brand scraper scarifier boxes. The 2 boxes that I am primarily interested in are the retractable blade box RBX 780 and the rollover box model # RO 720. Any information regarding these would be helpful.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,392
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Don't know about this company but I do have a rock bucket for my 110tlb, it is 66" wide and is quite a load. Don't think I would want it to be much larger as you need to shake them to drop the dirt, I suspect a heavier wider model would be abusive to the fel.

  5. #5
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Don't know about this company but I do have a rock bucket for my 110tlb, it is 66" wide and is quite a load. Don't think I would want it to be much larger as you need to shake them to drop the dirt, I suspect a heavier wider model would be abusive to the fel.
    Thanks for the response, I have the LA 844 loader on my MX5100 and the lift capacity at 500mm forward which is the actual lift capacity is 1852 lbs. I have the 72" HD bucket which is a lot heavier than the standard and it lifts a full load of rock, dirt, etc. without any issues. Since I plan to use this a rock picker of sorts after I have ripped the area I can test it at any point in the process for capacity. If I pick up the load and it appears "squirrelly" I can always dump part of the load. I am leaning towards Washburn bucket, but I am waiting until after the farm show to see everything else that is available.

    Thanks again for the response.

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,392
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Quote Originally Posted by KYDan View Post
    Thanks for the response, I have the LA 844 loader on my MX5100 and the lift capacity at 500mm forward which is the actual lift capacity is 1852 lbs. I have the 72" HD bucket which is a lot heavier than the standard and it lifts a full load of rock, dirt, etc. without any issues. Since I plan to use this a rock picker of sorts after I have ripped the area I can test it at any point in the process for capacity. If I pick up the load and it appears "squirrelly" I can always dump part of the load. I am leaning towards Washburn bucket, but I am waiting until after the farm show to see everything else that is available.

    Thanks again for the response.

    If your loader is rated for 1850 lbs then a 66" rock bucket would be about right. The issue is more about the stress while shaking the dirt out of the bucket.

  7. #7
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,436
    Location
    Yanceyville, North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Just a thought? I have a kubota L4400 with a LA703A loader. The bucket is 72 inches. I installed a tooth bar made by W.R.Long which has 8 teeth. This set up enables me to dig under the rocks and the tooth bar also helps in pushing and lifting the rocks into the bucket. This set up may not be suitable for your intentions, but it works for me. Just trying to help.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

  8. #8
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    If your loader is rated for 1850 lbs then a 66" rock bucket would be about right. The issue is more about the stress while shaking the dirt out of the bucket.
    I omitted in my posts that these are custom buckets and I priced and probably will purchase a 72" one. They will build it to work with the kubota QA system.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member KYDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    691
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 HST 4WD

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Just a thought? I have a kubota L4400 with a LA703A loader. The bucket is 72 inches. I installed a tooth bar made by W.R.Long which has 8 teeth. This set up enables me to dig under the rocks and the tooth bar also helps in pushing and lifting the rocks into the bucket. This set up may not be suitable for your intentions, but it works for me. Just trying to help.
    Thanks, I already have 2 of the toolbars from Iowa Farm Machinery Sales. And, they work great for digging and working for me. I use the standard one for digging and the flat one for leveling. I am extending my runway and the flat one works great for that, but is not stout enough for general work. I plan to use the rock bucket for a rock picker and for brush removal where I am running new fence. It has removable end panels that will allow the limbs to extend past the ends of the bucket. I am going to the National Farm Machinery Show first to see what else is available and hopefully get some prices. I sent a message to Bush Hog about their box scraper series to see if they will have any of them displayed at the show. I am leaning towards the extendable scarifier 78" model as it is close to 900 lbs. and I plan to use it to rip areas and then use the rock bucket to pick out the rocks. I have been rock picking by hand for years. We have Eden Shale soil here and it seems to grow rocks!

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,392
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: Rock & debris bucket

    Dan,
    What is the smallest rock size you want to pick?

    Mine has 3" spacings and that leaves alot of rocks. Works well enough to remove the larger ones but small rocks will fall through. I have considered getting a power rake to use with mine for the small stuff but don't have enough use for one yet.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 09:40 PM
  2. Buying Advice Smaller rock bucket for 3032E / 305 loader
    By rarvesen in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 09:30 AM
  3. Rock Bucket completed
    By SJBegin in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:21 AM
  4. Rock Bucket
    By Hosskix in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 01:58 PM
  5. YM186D TLB removes rock #1
    By MDL in forum Yanmar
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2002, 02:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.