Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71
  1. #21
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,196
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: New landplane build for L&G and subcompacts

    Quote Originally Posted by catdozer View Post
    You beat me to the question I was going to ask. But looks really good! Whats the name going to be on it?
    JENKINSPH

    CUSTOM GRADING IMPLEMENTS
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  2. #22
    Platinum Member catdozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    508
    Location
    Indiana
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch

    JENKINSPH

    CUSTOM GRADING IMPLEMENTS
    or STEVO-PLANE
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

  3. #23
    Gold Member Freakingstang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    382
    Location
    BOhio
    Tractor
    s370d

    Default Re: New landplane build for L&G and subcompacts

    looks good!

    I would box in the top link plates for extra support and also figure a way to tie in the 2x2 box tube to the side plates other than just a weld. IT looks great, but if there is a weak link, it will be at those welds. Its carrying the weight of the plane, plus material, plus forces from scraping/grading/ and the intial shock when it first engages rocks, hard ground, etc. I would ad some thick 1/4" angle underneath the box tube and weld it to the side of the side tube to help distribute the load and take some of the stress off of the welds.

    (just food for thought before you paint it) Looks fantastic!
    1999 Kubota G1900 HST B2750 Dozer blade

    Satoh S370D Beaver 4x4, 2 cyl Mitsu diesel, Custom FEL with Hay forks

    Woods RB60, KK 48" BB, Woods RM59 CCW, 48" Brinly disc, Farmhand Carryall, AB 1 btm plow, AB HH/trailer mover

    Angry Beaver Front End Loader build thread- Click Here

  4. #24
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,687
    Location
    Earth
    Tractor
    Deere

    Default

    If I'm not mistaken, you need a new username: jenkinsphacii (Jenkins plumbing, heating and custom implement incorporated)

    Looks great though Steve! There are plenty of people that would love for you to make another one (including a larger one for myself)

  5. #25
    Platinum Member catdozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    508
    Location
    Indiana
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martian

    Looks great though Steve! There are plenty of people that would love for you to make another one (including a larger one for myself)
    My 6 footer would probably work perfect for your 110
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-871590992-jpg  
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

  6. #26
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,143
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: New landplane build for L&G and subcompacts

    Quote Originally Posted by Freakingstang View Post
    looks good!

    I would box in the top link plates for extra support and also figure a way to tie in the 2x2 box tube to the side plates other than just a weld. IT looks great, but if there is a weak link, it will be at those welds. Its carrying the weight of the plane, plus material, plus forces from scraping/grading/ and the intial shock when it first engages rocks, hard ground, etc. I would ad some thick 1/4" angle underneath the box tube and weld it to the side of the side tube to help distribute the load and take some of the stress off of the welds.

    (just food for thought before you paint it) Looks fantastic!

    Good points you bring up, I have some flatbar that I will use to tie in the rear angled brace, will also add some flatbar to the skid /main beams to distrubute the loading too. I will be cleaning up the top link but this is way strong enough, remember this is for my lawn mower.

    The other day before I attached the main beams to the skids I did think about using side plates with the beams and 4x4 angles sandwiched between them. Thought that the skids could then bolt on and be easily adjustable. Best part would be the skids could be used on other builds and could be training wheels on the boxblade.

  7. #27
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,687
    Location
    Earth
    Tractor
    Deere

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catdozer

    My 6 footer would probably work perfect for your 110
    I'm not sure 6' would cover the wheel base, I'd like a 7'. And I believe Steve made one for his 110/4520. It is a great looking land plane though!

  8. #28
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,143
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: New landplane build for L&G and subcompacts

    Quote Originally Posted by catdozer View Post
    My 6 footer would probably work perfect for your 110


    As far back as you put the first blade seems you have plenty of room to roll the ends as I did in the larger plane. On my larger plane the front blade is about 4 inches behind the start of the flat running surface. This allows me to pitch the plane forward and dig in when needed. I built this larger plane for the 110 and it has no problem with it.

  9. #29
    Platinum Member catdozer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    508
    Location
    Indiana
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martian

    I'm not sure 6' would cover the wheel base, I'd like a 7'. And I believe Steve made one for his 110/4520. It is a great looking land plane though!
    You might be the one to build a 7' then. Steve with his 4 and 8 foot landplane, Gordon with his 5 foot, my 6 foot, so all we need is a custom 7 foot now with Martians name on it.
    Bobcat CT235 with Deere Imatch, And a very bad addiction of attachments

  10. #30
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,143
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: New landplane build for L&G and subcompacts

    Thanks for all the nice comments guys, I have to go finish it now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.