Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    933
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    here is the valve. it is a releif valve that will relive pressure while connecting and disconnecting the lines
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrypZdN18Wc&feature=youtube]valve - YouTube[/ame]

  2. #12
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    194
    Location
    Marysville, OH
    Tractor
    JD 4300

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Thanks shortthrow. That looks like that is on a diverter kit. I don't have a diverter kit, I have a seperate 3rd hydraulic circuit. I guess it is in my setup somehow.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Gordon Gould's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,959
    Location
    NorthEastern, VT
    Tractor
    Kubota L3010DT, Dresser TD7G Dozer

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by BRBurns View Post
    If you are to put a box blade on and have it rased up in the air. If you are to extend the cylender half way out and then drop the box blade, does the cylender stay at the same length or does it move? I have the Fit-Rite top link too and it will move and not stay at the same length all the time. It kinda acts like it has air in it, but I can't imagine there is still air in it after a year. I don't think that it is a problem with the cylender though, because I can get it to stay perfectly rock solid if I do certain things with a flow restrictor.

    I was just wanting to know if that was normal for non checked top links, or I have have a problem with my setup (again not the cylenders fault as far as I know).
    Try this: Put your Box Blade flat on the ground. Then extend your top link until the front of the box blade lifts the desired amount. Then lift and lower the BB. The TL will probably stay put. Doing it this way you are using hydraulic pressure to lengthen the TL to force the front of the BB up. If you have the BB raised and you lengthen the TL gravity does all the work. It does not take any hydraulic pressure (just flow) to lengthen the cylinder because gravity is pulling the rear of the BB down. You just have to crack the valve slightly to allow alittle flow. Some valves seem to act funny if you just open them very slightly and let gravity do all the work. I don't know why.
    Also each time you start your tractor cycle your TL a couple times.
    Maybe this will help you ????
    "If you're not making any mistakes then you're not doing anything"

    L3010DT, Farmi JL290 Winch, ATI Grapple, BearCat 5" Chipper, 6' Rear Blade,
    7' Sickle Bar, 5' Land Plane Grading Scraper, Dresser TD7G Dozer

  4. #14
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    194
    Location
    Marysville, OH
    Tractor
    JD 4300

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Gould View Post
    Try this: Put your Box Blade flat on the ground. Then extend your top link until the front of the box blade lifts the desired amount. Then lift and lower the BB. The TL will probably stay put. Doing it this way you are using hydraulic pressure to lengthen the TL to force the front of the BB up. If you have the BB raised and you lengthen the TL gravity does all the work. It does not take any hydraulic pressure (just flow) to lengthen the cylinder because gravity is pulling the rear of the BB down. You just have to crack the valve slightly to allow alittle flow. Some valves seem to act funny if you just open them very slightly and let gravity do all the work. I don't know why.
    Also each time you start your tractor cycle your TL a couple times.
    Maybe this will help you ????
    If I am to do it as you suggest it will not move. It's like the return side dumps before the supply side fills. I have a restrictor on one side now and that hepls because as long as I finnish each adjustment going one way, it will be solid. It just doesn't work as well as I hoped.

    Sorry for hijacking your thread Shortthrow.

  5. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    933
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BRBurns

    If I am to do it as you suggest it will not move. It's like the return side dumps before the supply side fills. I have a restrictor on one side now and that hepls because as long as I finnish each adjustment going one way, it will be solid. It just doesn't work as well as I hoped.

    Sorry for hijacking your thread Shortthrow.
    Oh hey. This is good stuff and good to know troubleshooting.

  6. #16
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,995
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by BRBurns View Post
    If I am to do it as you suggest it will not move. It's like the return side dumps before the supply side fills. I have a restrictor on one side now and that hepls because as long as I finnish each adjustment going one way, it will be solid. It just doesn't work as well as I hoped.

    Sorry for hijacking your thread Shortthrow.
    Is the flow restrictor on the rod side of the cylinder? I recommend that the flow restrictor be installed on the tractor end of the cylinder. I have not had any bad feed back with this set up.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  7. #17
    Gold Member Smallplot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    344
    Location
    Pike County Illinois
    Tractor
    1974 IH 1066, 1969 IH 756/FEL, and 2011 TYM T603 Cab/FEL

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by shortthrow50 View Post
    here is the valve. it is a releif valve that will relive pressure while connecting and disconnecting the lines
    valve - YouTube
    Don't have a deere but does that valve control the speed of raising and lowering of implement? I have a valve inside my cab that I open/close depending on how heavy of an implement I have attached so when you lower a heavy implement it does not drop like a box of rocks. Just wondering if that is the same function as mine.

    Have a top and tilt ordered and waiting to get it.
    Dan,
    www.pikecountyfoodplots.com

  8. #18
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    194
    Location
    Marysville, OH
    Tractor
    JD 4300

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    Is the flow restrictor on the rod side of the cylinder? I recommend that the flow restrictor be installed on the tractor end of the cylinder. I have not had any bad feed back with this set up.
    Yes the flow restrictor is on the tractor end of the cylinder. Like I said in my first post, I don't think it is a problem with the cylinder because I can make it rock solid. I think it has more to do with how the valve works on my tractor. I just asked to see if other people's setup act the same way, or if it is just me.

    MT Veiw, do you sell fixed flow restrictors for your top links? As I'm typing I'm thinking that if I restrict both sides, I could get around this. My restrictor I have now is adjustable, and I don't think I have room for annother one. A fixed restrictor on one side and adjustable on the other would allow me to keep the oil on the return side from leaving faster than oil going in the other side. Just an Idea.

  9. #19
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,995
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by BRBurns View Post
    Yes the flow restrictor is on the tractor end of the cylinder. Like I said in my first post, I don't think it is a problem with the cylinder because I can make it rock solid. I think it has more to do with how the valve works on my tractor. I just asked to see if other people's setup act the same way, or if it is just me.

    MT Veiw, do you sell fixed flow restrictors for your top links? As I'm typing I'm thinking that if I restrict both sides, I could get around this. My restrictor I have now is adjustable, and I don't think I have room for annother one. A fixed restrictor on one side and adjustable on the other would allow me to keep the oil on the return side from leaving faster than oil going in the other side. Just an Idea.
    Yes sir, $10 ea. Take up about 1 1/4". I install them right behind the male quick connect. I did not have these to offer back when you purchased your link.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  10. #20
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    933
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 3520 Deluxe Cab

    Default Re: Fit Rite Hydraulic Top Link Kit- Installed Today

    Quote Originally Posted by Smallplot View Post
    Don't have a deere but does that valve control the speed of raising and lowering of implement? I have a valve inside my cab that I open/close depending on how heavy of an implement I have attached so when you lower a heavy implement it does not drop like a box of rocks. Just wondering if that is the same function as mine.

    Have a top and tilt ordered and waiting to get it.
    that valve releives the pressure on the lines so its easy to attach and reatach the lines. The valve your talking about that you have in your cab, i have that too inside my cab just under the seat. it controls the drop rate of the 3pt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 472
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 11:34 AM
  2. Hydraulic Top Link
    By BrisMatt in forum Shibaura
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 01:19 AM
  3. Hydraulic Top link or Top and Tilt both?
    By Not Retired Yet in forum Owning/Operating
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-12-2011, 02:17 PM
  4. Hydraulic Top Link
    By RBrown in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM
  5. Hydraulic top link for L175
    By MarkInMO in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.