Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    562
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

    Default Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    I know everyone has one, but I've been wanting one for a long time. I finally got a couple of jobs that will pay for it so I pulled the trigger on Monday. Picked it up from the shipping dock yesterday. Putting it to work today. It's a Wildkat 66" root grapple with the replaceable teeth. Looks to be well built, although I was disappointed with the finish. The paint is terrible. Looks like it's been setting outside for a long time. And there are no stickers/decals. No "Made in the USA" like there pictures show etc. Oh well, I won't feel bad scratching it up or modifying it. Nothing in mind, but there will be.

    2012-06-06 12.48.31.jpg

    2012-06-06 12.48.39.jpg

    2012-06-06 14.33.40.jpg

    2012-06-06 14.37.27.jpg
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

  2. #2
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    624
    Location
    PNW - Washington - The Evergreen State
    Tractor
    2006 Kubota L3400

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    looks nice i am working on getting mine set up, all the parts are starting to come together and i made a last minute change on the placement of the diverter valve so will cost a little more in hoses but will be worth it and be cleaner install, i think.

    curious how the fit is on your QA pins? do you forsee needing any shims?
    cheers,
    bigballer
    *****************************************
    2006 L3400hst (380hrs)
    la463 QA fel, backhoe, toothbar,
    brushhog, boxblade, rake, grapple
    *****************************************

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Location
    Belmont, NH
    Tractor
    MF 1660 w/CB25 Backhoe

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    Just getting installed the same grapple with diverter at my dealer. Found it to be a very desirable design. Wildkat has good prices, product and ships fast. Took me 6 months to choose this one from all the others available. I am having a 1 inch mesh screen welded with support brackets on the back to protect grill. Also because of the square and flat of the bottom, having the same screen installed with bolt on panels on the bottom. Hopefully will screen rock and roots on top and just below the ground. Grapple with rock rake potential for all the stone we have in New England.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    562
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigballer View Post
    looks nice i am working on getting mine set up, all the parts are starting to come together and i made a last minute change on the placement of the diverter valve so will cost a little more in hoses but will be worth it and be cleaner install, i think.

    curious how the fit is on your QA pins? do you forsee needing any shims?
    Fits perfect on my QA. No slop.
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

  5. #5
    Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    562
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by DMac229 View Post
    Just getting installed the same grapple with diverter at my dealer. Found it to be a very desirable design. Wildkat has good prices, product and ships fast. Took me 6 months to choose this one from all the others available. I am having a 1 inch mesh screen welded with support brackets on the back to protect grill. Also because of the square and flat of the bottom, having the same screen installed with bolt on panels on the bottom. Hopefully will screen rock and roots on top and just below the ground. Grapple with rock rake potential for all the stone we have in New England.
    That's a good idea with the mesh. I'll have to see if that would benefit me. I definitely don't want to shove a branch through my grill. Might have to get out the welder.
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

  6. #6
    Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    562
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    I have the 3rd function on my FEL. Obviously will be used for the grapple, but I recently added a cylinder to my QA that runs of the 3rd function as well. I realize I have to get out to hook up hoses anyway, but I'm still trying to decide weather to get a manual diverter valve to mount up front on the 3rd function or a electric solenoid valve that I can control from inside. There is only $50 difference between the two. The electric will be more work, but it sure would be cool. But I don't know if I would ever need to switch back and forth between 2 sets of hydros up front.
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

  7. #7
    Veteran Member dstig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,113
    Location
    W Wisc
    Tractor
    Kubota L5240 HSTC, (Kubota L3130 HST - sold)

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    Here is my thread including the expanded metal I added. I got tired of the grill getting poked by sticks... It also makes it easier to scoop up stuff as the mesh acts as a back stop for material but doesn't hurt visibility.

    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...bota-ssqa.html
    -Dave

    "Being a pessimist is great. You can't lose. Either you end up being right...or you are pleasantly surprised."

    L5240HST, QA, 824 Loader, 48" Forks, 48" Grapple, Ancient Farmi Skidding winch
    Trailer - 10k/16' twin axle w/elec brakes
    2005 F250 5.4V8(3V) 3.73/4wd tow vehicle

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,129
    Tractor
    L5450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High Compression

    Fits perfect on my QA. No slop.
    Would you mind posting a close up picture of the quick attach pins when attached? There are a number of other posts about Titan Skidsteer's fit and I am curious about the comparison. It sounds like your Wildkat's fit is correct.

  9. #9
    Platinum Member High Compression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    562
    Location
    De Soto, KS
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740-3/ Kubota ZD21 pro60

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBuyer View Post
    Would you mind posting a close up picture of the quick attach pins when attached? There are a number of other posts about Titan Skidsteer's fit and I am curious about the comparison. It sounds like your Wildkat's fit is correct.
    Sure thing! I'd be happy to.
    "It is better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it."

  10. #10
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    688
    Location
    Eastern Ontario
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

    Default Re: Picked up my new grapple yesterday.

    Congrats! Great attachment to have....and not everyone has one yet. Still waiting.
    2011 Kubota MX5100, BH92, BH BB72, Walco Bush Hog and Snowblower, Wallenstein 310 Splitter & Forks

Similar Threads

  1. Picked up my new grapple
    By GregbkH in forum Attachments
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
  2. It's Grapple Time
    By M59 Jim in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 12:56 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 01:00 PM
  4. Which grapple?
    By Hammy in forum Attachments
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 12:13 AM
  5. Grapple Grapple top forks the pressure won't release
    By millpond in forum Attachments
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.