Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,393
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    There was a recent thread on an updated Deere QH...sounds like you have one of the newer ones.

    As far as your upper hook, I think Cartod has the answer (see post #5).
    As far as the lower pin bushings, it appears from your picture the pins may be installed toward the inside of the boxblade...but the pic is a bit too close up to be sure. Did the dealer provide the bushings? The ones that jenkinsph (post #2) are the ones you need...there are two sets of through holes, 90 degrees apart. You drive a roll pin through whichever set lines up best.
    I'm not saying your dealer let you down...really don't know. But rigging a QH is not rocket science...installation is pretty much intuitive

    Roy,
    If you look at his picture again you will see the double hitchpin the cat 1 side is facing outward and the cat 0 is facing inwards.

  2. #12
    Bronze Member Noodlez914's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Location
    New York
    Tractor
    John Deere 1023e

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    There was a recent thread on an updated Deere QH...sounds like you have one of the newer ones.

    As far as your upper hook, I think Cartod has the answer (see post #5).
    As far as the lower pin bushings, it appears from your picture the pins may be installed toward the inside of the boxblade...but the pic is a bit too close up to be sure. Did the dealer provide the bushings? The ones that jenkinsph (post #2) are the ones you need...there are two sets of through holes, 90 degrees apart. You drive a roll pin through whichever set lines up best.
    I'm not saying your dealer let you down...really don't know. But rigging a QH is not rocket science...installation is pretty much intuitive
    There were 2 bushings that came with it (not like the ones jenkinsph posted) They are nothing but metal barrels. That is one slid over the pin in the picture i posted. The dealer was supposed to supply me with ones like jenkinsph posted but again disappointed me like usual. I will get them from them though. And just a side note...... I am getting them for free, only to make up for some other issues they have disappointed me on. Basically told me they DO NOT come with the purchase of the imatch. Which also makes me a bit irate. I purchased my Ballast box and box blade from them that are supposedly imatch ready. OK, if they are so called imatch ready then why didn't these $30 bushings come with each attachment I purchased from them?

  3. #13
    Super Star Member RoyJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    18,863
    Location
    Bethel, Vermont
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlez914 View Post
    There were 2 bushings that came with it (not like the ones jenkinsph posted) They are nothing but metal barrels. That is one slid over the pin in the picture i posted. The dealer was supposed to supply me with ones like jenkinsph posted but again disappointed me like usual. I will get them from them though. And just a side note...... I am getting them for free, only to make up for some other issues they have disappointed me on. Basically told me they DO NOT come with the purchase of the imatch. Which also makes me a bit irate. I purchased my Ballast box and box blade from them that are supposedly imatch ready. OK, if they are so called imatch ready then why didn't these $30 bushings come with each attachment I purchased from them?
    I did get the bushing kit as part of the purchase of a used Frontier RFM...
    For my other implements, I bought the bushings from Agri-Supply (IIRC) as they were a lot cheaper.

    Anyway, sounds like you have problems with your dealer...or, at least, the sales person.
    Roy Jackson

    "Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

  4. #14
    Bronze Member Noodlez914's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Location
    New York
    Tractor
    John Deere 1023e

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I did get the bushing kit as part of the purchase of a used Frontier RFM...
    For my other implements, I bought the bushings from Agri-Supply (IIRC) as they were a lot cheaper.

    Anyway, sounds like you have problems with your dealer...or, at least, the sales person.
    Went with this dealer because they gave the best price out of 5 other dealers. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. Its little things, but their attention to detail is horrible. While my tractor was in being fixed I asked for them to add the imatch. They knew very well what attachments was going to that imatch. They recently sold me these attachments. All they needed to do was grab a 48" frontier box blade and make sure it matched up with the imatch they sold me as well as making sure the top hook on the match was correct. Nope, just slapped it on and sent it on its way.

  5. #15
    Super Star Member RoyJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    18,863
    Location
    Bethel, Vermont
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlez914 View Post
    Went with this dealer because they gave the best price out of 5 other dealers. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for. Its little things, but their attention to detail is horrible. While my tractor was in being fixed I asked for them to add the imatch. They knew very well what attachments was going to that imatch. They recently sold me these attachments. All they needed to do was grab a 48" frontier box blade and make sure it matched up with the imatch they sold me as well as making sure the top hook on the match was correct. Nope, just slapped it on and sent it on its way.
    Since you apparently have the newer QH with the adjustable upper hook, have you tried moving the hook? Or lengthening the top link? QHs make life easier, but they don't do it all without some user input/adjustment.
    Roy Jackson

    "Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

  6. #16
    Bronze Member Noodlez914's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Location
    New York
    Tractor
    John Deere 1023e

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    Since you apparently have the newer QH with the adjustable upper hook, have you tried moving the hook? Or lengthening the top link? QHs make life easier, but they don't do it all without some user input/adjustment.
    All on my agenda this week. First order of business is to go purchase some larger metric wrenches! I have metric and standard but nothing metric that large. So I really can't start messing with adjustments until I get them. I guess I will also need to take a trip to Tractor Supply and get the proper bushings. Just thought this thing was going to show up ready to go.

  7. #17
    Bronze Member Noodlez914's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Location
    New York
    Tractor
    John Deere 1023e

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Ok, now any suggestions on how to get the bolts loose on the imatch hook to adjust it? Wow! Don't think I ever dropped that much down force on a bolt before. Not coming loose.

  8. #18
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,393
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Noodlez,
    Can you post a picture of the top hook? Most of us haven't seen one yet so don't know what you are dealing with.

  9. #19
    Bronze Member Noodlez914's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    60
    Location
    New York
    Tractor
    John Deere 1023e

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Noodlez,
    Can you post a picture of the top hook? Most of us haven't seen one yet so don't know what you are dealing with.
    Photo attached. Also attached is a photo of my now useless 3 point receiver hitch that I ordered before I owned imatch. If you look at the pic, see the hook don't stand a chance of working with it unless I have some chopping tools and a welder. -imatch-jpg-receiver-hitch-jpg

  10. #20
    Super Star Member RoyJackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    18,863
    Location
    Bethel, Vermont
    Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

    Default Re: iMatch with Frontier Box Blade

    For removing the bolts, a 6-point socket and impact wrench (which was probably used to tighten the nuts) would be best...if you have an impact wrench. If not, you need more leverage...so find a cheater bar about 3-4 feet long that will fit over your wrench (BTW, I strongly suggest you use a breaker bar to do the initial loosening). Once you have the mechanical advantage of the cheater bar, the nuts should break loose fairly easy.
    Note I wrote 6 point socket! A 12 point socket slips too easily.

    As far as your receiver hitch...you'll need the bushing kit, but that should work fine...mine does (it's on the Deere non-adjustable QH now, in fact) and my receiver isnt even a Deere brand.
    Roy Jackson

    "Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Frontier Box Blade BB2060
    By Mechanos in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 10:20 PM
  2. Frontier box blade
    By GreatWhitehunter in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 10:45 PM
  3. Frontier box blade
    By cef2lion in forum John Deere Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:15 PM
  4. Grading Frontier Box blade
    By Anonymous Poster in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2003, 04:03 PM
  5. Frontier box blade
    By diggerjim in forum Attachments
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.