Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80
  1. #11
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,558
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: Skid steer quick attach adapter

    I would check with the dealer first, you may surprised.
    Here is are some on ebay. I would have posted the links last night but I was using my phone and it is hard.
    SKID STEER LOADER QUICK ATTACH BOBTACH ADAPTER ASSEMBLY Bobcat, New Holland | eBay
    Bobcat Skid Steer Quick Attach ( BobTach ) - Will Ship for $99 | eBay
    Here is my search I used on ebay. You may find more.
    skid steer quick attach | eBay

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,129
    Tractor
    L5450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockgod

    Sorry you've had problems but i've had just the opposite experience with my ATI adaptor. Well built and very solid. The welds are nothing short of perfect.

    This thing has been through the ringer with hours upon hours of use/abuse and it's still going strong. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat.

    <img src="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282169"/><img src="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282170"/>
    I would guess that I have the ATI adapter that HCJtractor has if I am reading the product list below correctly, however I have a slightly higher capacity kubota FEL with approx 2500 lbs of lift.

    http://www.preseeder.com/PDF/AttachProductList2010.pdf

    If you look at the adapters starting on page 14, you will see that ATI has a heavy duty model and a standard duty model. I also notice that the JD models which yours is one of, to a large extent are heavier in weight than the Kubota models. The QA-KU5 model at 88 lbs which I believe HCJtractor has is standard duty and is the one I have. Like you, I have been very pleased with mine but I am careful to use it to mostly lift and push. I have never thought the SSQA style lends itself to pulling backwards, twisting motions or to attachments that do not fit snugly against the lower pins. I have stalled out my ~2500lb lift numerous times and had it hold up the front "half" of a nearly 10,000lb machine with the FEL stabilizing the front of the tractor and repositioning the backhoe end with the bucket without a problem. I try to keep my loads square, particularly since I know mine is the standard duty model. I agree that the adapter breathes new life into older tractors and that SSQA is the way to go due to the numerous attachments available and the relative ease of connecting/disconnecting them.
    Last edited by JoeBuyer; 09-27-2012 at 02:13 AM.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,129
    Tractor
    L5450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog
    Anyone got any advice (or horror stories) about converting an older LA463 loader (on an L2800) to a SSQA instead of "pin-on"? I've got one, with a 3rd function and a welded on "grapple" on the bucket, but would like to have the option to use a "real" brush grapple. Right now, clearing 20 acres, adding another 14 to the mix on Thursday, and I'd like to be able to use a grapple more effectively than I can't with a bucket I can't "see through". I've priced the "adapters" at around $850, and looked at one that's $525, (plus about $325 shipping, and even my math skills come out to $850 there too). I can pick up the grapple I want about 90 miles away for $1500, but they're all "SSQA" attachment, and if I'm going to do any "conversion" I'd rather add flexibility too, but spending over 1/2 the price of the grapple for the "mount" seems kind of unreasonable. I thought about fabbing an adapter myself, but I just don't have the time.
    Any input or suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    I bought my ATI adapter from Everything Attachments. Free shipping and friendly people. Switched out the pin on bucket to the adapter in about an hour. Then modified the bucket with a plate to hook back up to the SSQA so I could still use it.

  4. #14
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    675
    Location
    South Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBuyer

    I would guess that I have the ATI adapter that HCJtractor has if I am reading the product list below correctly, however I have a slightly higher capacity kubota FEL with approx 2500 lbs of lift.

    http://www.preseeder.com/PDF/AttachProductList2010.pdf

    If you look at the adapters starting on page 14, you will see that ATI has a heavy duty model and a standard duty model. I also notice that the JD models which yours is one of, to a large extent are heavier in weight than the Kubota models. The QA-KU5 model at 88 lbs which I believe HCJtractor has is standard duty and is the one I have. Like you, I have been very pleased with mine but I am careful to use it to mostly lift and push. I have never thought the SSQA style lends itself to pulling backwards, twisting motions or to attachments that do not fit snugly against the lower pins. I have stalled out my ~2500lb lift numerous times and had it hold up the front "half" of a nearly 10,000lb machine with the FEL stabilizing the front of the tractor and repositioning the backhoe end with the bucket without a problem. I try to keep my loads square, particularly since I know mine is the standard duty model. I agree that the adapter breathes new life into older tractors and that SSQA is the way to go due to the numerous attachments available and the relative easy of connecting/disconnecting them.
    Not sure how to reply without a quote. My quick attach came with my LA1162 loader.
    JRP

  5. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    675
    Location
    South Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800

    Default

    The rest. :

    It is easy and cheap to adapt to. I made several attachments for mine. forks and a boom pole. Now I also acquired a nice Bobcat T190 track loader so my attachments fit the Bobcat, and the stuff that came with the bobcat also fit my tractor.

    Spend the money, Ann buy kubota if you can. You won't regret quality.
    JRP

  6. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    989
    Location
    upstate South Carolina, Greenville
    Tractor
    Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockgod

    Sorry you've had problems but i've had just the opposite experience with my ATI adaptor. Well built and very solid. The welds are nothing short of perfect.

    This thing has been through the ringer with hours upon hours of use/abuse and it's still going strong. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat.

    <img src="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282169"/><img src="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=282170"/>
    Rockgod, I agree the welds are fine. My only issue was with the latches. I also think the latch mechanism needs to be shielded on the front side, with grapple use. In your picture, the spring and lift rod are totally exposed from the front so a log or branch in the grapple can easily damage this relatively fragile system. Now if used on a bucket, it would not matter. I'll admit I use mine aggressively and can see how pulling backwards could stress the pin, but if the sleeve the pin rides in was a block of steel rather than a piece of pipe, it would not deform and split like mine has. All I know is after a few hours of use, my pin was bound in the sleeve and had to be hammered out, and I spent an hour filling the inside of the sleeve. I wish I had a reamer that size.. Welding some expanded metal in the back of the grapple would also protect it from damage.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    46
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 DT, Kubota L275.

    Default Re: Skid steer quick attach adapter

    Wow, k0ua, did you get that from a local dealer where you are? One of the dealers that do a lot of advertising on tractor forum sites that I checked with a couple of months ago, said that he would sell me the "parts to build one" from kubota for a little over $1100, and that I'd be better off to buy an after-market one (he suggested another source, since he didn't sell aftermarket parts and was not trying to work a deal). I will check with a dealer around here, and see what they say.

  8. #18
    Super Star Member k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,633
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: Skid steer quick attach adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Wow, k0ua, did you get that from a local dealer where you are? One of the dealers that do a lot of advertising on tractor forum sites that I checked with a couple of months ago, said that he would sell me the "parts to build one" from kubota for a little over $1100, and that I'd be better off to buy an after-market one (he suggested another source, since he didn't sell aftermarket parts and was not trying to work a deal). I will check with a dealer around here, and see what they say.
    It was from the Kubota dealer in Berryville, Ar.

    He brought it out and helped me put it on.. took about 5 minutes.

    James K0UA
    James KUA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN


  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    46
    Location
    Texas
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 DT, Kubota L275.

    Default Re: Skid steer quick attach adapter

    Hey, that's only 1200 miles round trip for me, or $300 of that $4 a gallon gas, that'd still be cheaper than what I've been quoted so far!
    I've driven 1100 miles in one stretch a couple of times in the last year, might be worth a road trip!

  10. #20
    Elite Member Piston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,757
    Location
    Central MA, Lakes Region NH
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

    Default

    How often do you change FEL attachments? I would like a skidsteer QA mount so I could change back an forth between the grapple, bucket, and forks, however, I find that 99% of the time the grapple does everything I need better than the other two. I figured it wasn't worth the extra money to change all the brackets out.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Skid Steer Quick Attach Adapter for Kioti KL120/KL130 (CK20-CK35) Loaders
    By Josh61513 in forum Private Party Ads Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 10:31 PM
  3. L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter
    By xxxsandman in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
  4. 430 Quick Attach Bucket to skid steer attach
    By CLinton_in_FL in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 12:57 PM
  5. Skid Steer Quick Hitch or Quick Attach
    By Rolando in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.