Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Silver Member denverdave66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    167
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM

    Default Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    I am a rookie and don't know a thing about tractors learning the hard way. I got a John Deere 1026 and today I bought a Landpride RB1560 rear blade. It will only lift my blade all the way up only about 4" off the ground. What am I doing wrong? Or is there a way to adjust the lift arms so that it will lift higher?

    2012 John Deere 1026, 60"MMM, FEL, LandPride box scrapper, 52", LandPride RCR1248 rotary cutter,Landpride RB1560, Landpride quick hitch, RachetRake, Trac Vac 880, Sthil FS90 trimmer/brushcutter, Stihl MS310 chainsaw, Stihl BR600 Magnum Backpack blower, Stihl 180c chainsaw

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,256
    Location
    Mt Crawford Va
    Tractor
    massey GC 2400 JD LA 145

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    Try shortening the top link.

  3. #3
    Silver Member denverdave66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    167
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    Thanks Ed, that worked I feel like an idiot.

    2012 John Deere 1026, 60"MMM, FEL, LandPride box scrapper, 52", LandPride RCR1248 rotary cutter,Landpride RB1560, Landpride quick hitch, RachetRake, Trac Vac 880, Sthil FS90 trimmer/brushcutter, Stihl MS310 chainsaw, Stihl BR600 Magnum Backpack blower, Stihl 180c chainsaw

  4. #4
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    79
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed of all trades View Post
    Try shortening the top link.
    ED has the right idea on the toplink. I shortened mine by nearly 2 inches and gained over 3 inches at the bottom of the blade. The 3320 has 3 positions where the top link connects to the tractor which also affects the angle of the blade frame. How many positions does the 1026 have?
    You may have to adjust the top link for each rear implement you use.
    Dave

    JD 3320 E-Hydro, 300CX, Landpride RB3584 rear blade, Landpride SF2566 scarifier, W.R. Long toothbar, Timberwolf TW-P1 log splitter and big R4s loaded with Rimgard, Artillian 42" pallet forks.

  5. #5
    Silver Member denverdave66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    167
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    2012 John Deere 1016, FEL, 60"MMM

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    I am not sure what you mean I am using a quick hitch. After shortening the top link it is at least 8" off the ground now, at least I am not going to mess up my yard if I hit an uneven place.

    2012 John Deere 1026, 60"MMM, FEL, LandPride box scrapper, 52", LandPride RCR1248 rotary cutter,Landpride RB1560, Landpride quick hitch, RachetRake, Trac Vac 880, Sthil FS90 trimmer/brushcutter, Stihl MS310 chainsaw, Stihl BR600 Magnum Backpack blower, Stihl 180c chainsaw

  6. #6
    Elite Member schmism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    Location
    Peoria IL
    Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    most 3pt linkage includes multipull holes at the bottom of the links that connect the lower 3pt arms to the upper lifting mechanism. you can pick the hightest hole on that linkage to gain a few inches of additional lift.
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

  7. #7
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    79
    Location
    VA
    Tractor
    JD 1026R

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    Dave,

    The 2305 (predecessor to the 1026R) had a second set of holes on the draft arms (the two heavy arms), which is the idea they are talking about. You only have one hole in each arm (in the center), which is what you are using. If you wanted to modify your system, you could drill another set of holes 1"-2" closer to you tractor on those arms and attach the lift arms (the two links that drop down from the lifting part on the tractor to the draft arms). These two new holes would (when used) have the effect of increasing your range a few inches while decreasing your lift capacity 10-20%. You could also go the other way if you wanted to lift something just a bit heavier (at the expense of some movement range).

    HTH,
    Hunter
    JD1026R - 53" FEL, 60D MMM, 5' RB, 5' LR, 4' BB, 260 BH, 4' Tiller, TSC PHD, 5' Grader

  8. #8
    Veteran Member chim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,881
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    most 3pt linkage includes multipull holes at the bottom of the links that connect the lower 3pt arms to the upper lifting mechanism. you can pick the hightest hole on that linkage to gain a few inches of additional lift.
    That sounds backwards. The hitch pins will lift the same height regardless of the length of the toplink. The advantage of shortening the toplink as Ed said will be the implement will be lifted higher at the extreme end - blade in this case.

    Using a lower hole on the tractor end of the toplink should create more flip at the extreme end and raise the blade higher, shouldn't it?

  9. #9
    Platinum Member allen in texas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    751
    Location
    Levelland, TX
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 5740, loaded R1's w/642 lbs cast weight, 854 loader

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    "most 3pt linkage includes multipull holes at the bottom of the links that connect the lower 3pt arms to the upper lifting mechanism. you can pick the hightest hole on that linkage to gain a few inches of additional lift."


    Quote Originally Posted by chim View Post
    That sounds backwards. The hitch pins will lift the same height regardless of the length of the toplink. The advantage of shortening the toplink as Ed said will be the implement will be lifted higher at the extreme end - blade in this case.

    Using a lower hole on the tractor end of the toplink should create more flip at the extreme end and raise the blade higher, shouldn't it?

    I believe that this refers to the lower lift arms, not the top link. Yes my tractor has multiple holes in the "pulling up" rods. I gain about 4 inches of additional height lift height at the end of the lift arms and a lot more at the end of the implement. I pretty much leave mine in the highest setting because the 3pt will go low enough with most all of my equipment. I have two implements that I could not lift high enough with the "factory" settings.
    Some tractors have holes in the lift arms themselves at different spacing along the arm. Moving the "pulling up" rods closer to the tractor gives more range both up and down but at the cost of a lower lift capacity.

    Shortening the toplink will allow the implement to lift higher but it also changes the angle of the blade in the ground. Yes, moving the top link to the lowest hole (at the tractor end) will also give more lift but the blade can be set more where you like it. Someone once said to me, simple geometry.

    One other thing,
    awhile back someone had the same issue with not being able to lift an implement high enough and coincidentally, it was a John Deere tractor then too. I think the problem then was the fact that the hydraulics weren't set properly to get full range on the 3pt. A control linkage adjustment cured that problem.
    KK 72" tiller Rears SPF 72 inch Flail, FL960 knives, Cammond BS72E 6 foot BB,
    HF Quick hitch, RBT3584 rear blade.
    assorted two and 4 row diamond bar equipment, all junky.
    20 ft Big Tex 70CH
    Maxey 14000# 16'x83" GN dump trailer
    Oliver 6241 3 bottom rollover moldboard plow
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEStYYl1Ts
    I like straight furrows
    1960 model 102 Ford 14 inch two bottom rollover plow on my little L3240

  10. #10
    Veteran Member chim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    1,881
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200, Ford 1210

    Default Re: Is there a way to adust the lift arms to lift higher?

    Quote Originally Posted by allen in texas View Post
    I believe that this refers to the lower lift arms, not the top link. Yes my tractor has multiple holes in the "pulling up" rods. I gain about 4 inches of additional height lift height at the end of the lift arms and a lot more at the end of the implement. I pretty much leave mine in the highest setting because the 3pt will go low enough with most all of my equipment. I have two implements that I could not lift high enough with the "factory" settings.
    Some tractors have holes in the lift arms themselves at different spacing along the arm. Moving the "pulling up" rods closer to the tractor gives more range both up and down but at the cost of a lower lift capacity.

    Shortening the toplink will allow the implement to lift higher but it also changes the angle of the blade in the ground. Yes, moving the top link to the lowest hole (at the tractor end) will also give more lift but the blade can be set more where you like it. Someone once said to me, simple geometry..


    You're right. I re-read the post and misunderstood. Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can i make my 2000 Ford lift higher?
    By Jmalone in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 05:46 PM
  2. adjusting 3pt to lift higher
    By defed in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM
  3. Pallet Fork Extension for higher lift
    By MrJimi in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
  4. higher lift blades for 48" deck
    By Boog in forum General Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
  5. Any BX owners want a higher 3PH lift??
    By Inspector507 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.