Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 419
  1. #191
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    15,512
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post

    Dang Millonzi for going out of business. No one seems to have the large opening in an L grapple you have other than WR Long which seems a little high priced.
    I suspect Millionzi copied the WRLong or made just a few modifications. Very simple design but effective.

  2. #192
    Gold Member mangus580's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    430
    Location
    Western, NY
    Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

    Default

    Here is a pic of my Titan fully open. I just finished plumbing everything up, and have had about 10 minutes of play time before we had to leave. I can see that it definitely has a learning curve!

    So far, my biggest complaint with it, is the hydraulic fittings are non standard. Including the hoses. I ended up buying new hoses, and was lucky the fit the cylinder without leaking. Cost me $70 for the new hoses!

    Still trying to decide exactly where I want to mount the button for my diverter valve.

    -2013-05-02-17-44-a
    Last edited by mangus580; 05-02-2013 at 10:11 PM.

  3. #193
    Silver Member Dingo Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    225
    Location
    Maine
    Tractor
    12' Kioti DK40SE HST

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    Dang Millonzi for going out of business. No one seems to have the large opening in an L grapple you have other than WR Long which seems a little high priced.
    I agree.
    12' DK40SE HST

    KL401 FEL, 72" Sundown Tiller, 72" Kodiak Rotary Cutter, NAI 48" Root Grapple

  4. #194
    Elite Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,875
    Location
    timbuktu
    Tractor
    Many

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    So far, my biggest complaint with it, is the hydraulic fittings are non standard. Including the hoses. I ended up buying new hoses, and was lucky the fit the cylinder without leaking. Cost me $70 for the new hoses!
    "/>
    .??? I have a Titan rake grapple and all I did was change the ends to Ag fittings. Hoses were 1/2" pipe thread

  5. #195
    Gold Member mangus580's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    430
    Location
    Western, NY
    Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    .??? I have a Titan rake grapple and all I did was change the ends to Ag fittings. Hoses were 1/2" pipe thread
    I think my failure came because I was trying to use 3/8" fittings. Seems they adapted a 1/4" straight thread (british fitting??) up to 1/2" NPT, then tossed on the the flat faced couplers.

    This was on top of using a non-standard hose, as my first thought was, lets cut the hoses and put standard fittings on one end.

    FAIL!

    Oh well, in the end, I now have standard hoses and fittings. Just frustrated, I dont see how they may have saved $$ by going this route. Heck, the flat faced fittings are PRICEY. I guess add this to the shipping hangups that happened to me, and it just left me with a sour taste. Mind you, in their defense, I have not spoke with them about any of this really. I am just rolling with it.


    The actual grapple itself seems to be great. It fits the SSQA perfectly. Opens and closes as designed. I have not gotten the open measurement, but as you can see in the pic I posted, it would be difficult to really determine what measurement to really go with.

    I hope to get more time with it tomorrow, and learn some more.

  6. #196
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    15,512
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    I think my failure came because I was trying to use 3/8" fittings. Seems they adapted a 1/4" straight thread (british fitting??) up to 1/2" NPT, then tossed on the the flat faced couplers.

    This was on top of using a non-standard hose, as my first thought was, lets cut the hoses and put standard fittings on one end.

    FAIL!

    Oh well, in the end, I now have standard hoses and fittings. Just frustrated, I dont see how they may have saved $$ by going this route. Heck, the flat faced fittings are PRICEY. I guess add this to the shipping hangups that happened to me, and it just left me with a sour taste. Mind you, in their defense, I have not spoke with them about any of this really. I am just rolling with it.


    The actual grapple itself seems to be great. It fits the SSQA perfectly. Opens and closes as designed. I have not gotten the open measurement, but as you can see in the pic I posted, it would be difficult to really determine what measurement to really go with.

    I hope to get more time with it tomorrow, and learn some more.
    Be careful, there are also JIC type fittings used especially at the grapple arm ram. Those are tricky buggers as you only tighten them just barely beyond finger tight or else you end up getting some new ones made up. Ask me how I know. Very different than SAE/NPT type fittings where wrenching it tight is expected.

    To measure max opening, I just take a tape measure and go from the tip of the lower tine that is in line with one of the upper tines and use the distance between them when the upper arm is fully open.

  7. #197
    Veteran Member TSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,869
    Location
    SouthEast Michigan
    Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Start using that thing Mangus! LOL... I need some new reviews. I'm not thrilled about the issues you're running into already tho
    Massey 1648 HST Cab
    QA 72'' bucket * 60" Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 96'' Rhino HD Back Blade * 84" Rhino Box Blade
    84" LandPride Rake * 78" KK HD Box Discs * WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Middle buster plow * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper
    Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZTR mower (25 hp Shibaura diesel)
    20' PJ Equipment Hauler/Trailer
    2008 F250 Crew V10 4x4


    290 hrs on 9/15/04

  8. #198
    Gold Member mangus580's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    430
    Location
    Western, NY
    Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    TSO - keep in mind, my problems are somewhat self induced... Had I gone with 1/2" couplers, I would have probably never had an issue. My shipping issues were 2 fold - and only really important because I get twitchy and want everything 3 days ago It shippped a day late due to a mixup on paperwork. Then I called Fedex Freight to find out when to expect it, and it was to be delayed a day because they requested a lift gate at delivery (which I didnt need). Fedex tried to call me, but my phone # was a digit off on the BOL. Not really a problem - it would have been fine, other than the fact I had taken tuesday off with the plans of meeting the truck. I ended up running to the terminal to get it. It wouldnt stop me from ordering from them again (honestly neither would the hose issue - just would be nice if they TOLD you ahead of time)

    I hope to get some hours on it tomorrow, we shall see.

  9. #199
    Elite Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,875
    Location
    timbuktu
    Tractor
    Many

    Default

    NorthAmericanImplements (NAI) says this grapple has dimensions of:

    Weight is 485 Opening 35
    40 " Deep 33 " tall 4 Tines Tines are 9" apart

    It only has a 35" opening, another ankle biter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-2622497682-jpg  

  10. #200
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    15,512
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    NorthAmericanImplements (NAI) says this grapple has dimensions of:

    Weight is 485 Opening 35
    40 " Deep 33 " tall 4 Tines Tines are 9" apart

    It only has a 35" opening, another ankle biter.
    Looking at the photo of the NAI grapple, it is easy to see why the opening is only 35". They use the same 4x4 framework for both the grapple AND the SSQA receiver. That means the height of the grapple is limited by the dimensions of the SSQA standard. On my Millonzi, the 4x4 top beam is mounted above the SSQA and that adds at least 4 inches (possibly more) to the grapple height and even more to the opening.

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101718192021222330 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rotary Cutter Bush hog 3210... which type semi mount, or trail type?
    By FMRanch in forum Attachments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM
  2. Backhoe What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"?
    By Eddieman555 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
  3. Making My Grapple Better Suited For Loose Wood
    By wvpolekat in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
  4. Replace directional valve type tandem by type float
    By hodinhtran in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 08:01 AM
  5. Which Grapple type is best?
    By Mtngrancher in forum Toolcat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.