Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 419
  1. #201
    Elite Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,017
    Location
    kalamazoo and timbuktu
    Tractor
    Many

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Here is a tall back, 50" opening rake style grapple. Anybody have one?

    <img src="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=315927"/>

    Precision Manufacturing :: Tree & Brush Removal Equipment
    Is there a website with on line pricing you know of?

  2. #202
    Gold Member mangus580's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    388
    Location
    Western, NY
    Tractor
    Bolens (Iseki) H1502; LS R3039

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    My Titan opens to 39" - point to point. but with the way the jaw teeth are designed, its further in the center. Honestly, I wish it had one more tooth on the jaw. It could use it.

    I am still adjusting to working with it. Picking large logs and such is easy.... a pile of 'shrapnel' wood is harder to get (at least without a bunch of dirt too). Its pretty amazing how much dirt it will pick up!

    I may consider adding more tines in the future, although I will only add them in the bottom, and not extend out in front of the spacer pipe. I only want them to prevent smaller things from falling out the bottom.

    I have been able to uproot some smaller trees with it, but they can be difficult. Some of that could just be the location of them, and my available attack approach.

    So far I am reasonably happy with it. I am glad for sure that I went with only a 48". TSO - I would suggest you stick with a 48" as well. I think you will be disappointed in anything larger. I would likely not go with a larger grapple until I hit 50hp tractor size. Granted, thats just my opinion.

  3. #203
    Gold Member Herkypilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    335
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 DT 4x4

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
    I am glad for sure that I went with only a 48". TSO - I would suggest you stick with a 48" as well. I think you will be disappointed in anything larger. I would likely not go with a larger grapple until I hit 50hp tractor size. Granted, thats just my opinion.
    I went with a 66" grapple on my 50 hp tractor. I initially purchased a 48", but when the employee brought it around on the skid steer, I knew it was too small for my tractor. So I went in to the sales office and paid the difference for a 66". I'm glad I did as my tractor is well capable of picking up all that I can scoop up with my grapple.

    HP

  4. #204
    Veteran Member Xfaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,122
    Location
    Meridian, OK
    Tractor
    Toolcat 5610 F. Bobcat V417 Versahandler. TORO+Loader

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSeller View Post
    Is there a website with on line pricing you know of?
    No, looks like you have to go through their dealers.

    http://www.precisionmfg.com/where-to-buy/

    Remember this style is good for raking brush, but you can't stack firewood in it, like a lot of pictures here on TBN.
    Last edited by Xfaxman; 05-04-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Added find Dealer link

  5. #205
    Super Star Member IslandTractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    15,368
    Location
    Prudence Island, RI
    Tractor
    2007 Kioti DK40se HST, Woods BH

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Here is a tall back, 50" opening rake style grapple. Anybody have one?

    <img src="http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=315927"/>

    Precision Manufacturing :: Tree & Brush Removal Equipment
    That is a unique design and looks like someone mated a standard grapple with a clamshell. It is indeed very tall with a very large opening but, it has very short bottom tines like a clamshell. Looks good for carrying lots of brush but not so good for digging. I'd never seen such a hybrid before.

  6. #206
    Platinum Member sd455dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    816
    Location
    North Idaho
    Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkypilot View Post
    I went with a 66" grapple on my 50 hp tractor. I initially purchased a 48", but when the employee brought it around on the skid steer, I knew it was too small for my tractor. So I went in to the sales office and paid the difference for a 66". I'm glad I did as my tractor is well capable of picking up all that I can scoop up with my grapple.

    HP
    Think you made the right choice, with 50 hp it makes it about as wide as your track width, mine is also 66" and haven't found it to be a problem picking up anything weight wise....most cases the added width is an advantage in how fast the job gets done...

  7. #207
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    724
    Location
    Southeast Minnesota
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    I just got a 66 inch BoDozer for my 4720 last week. I've used it for about 8 hours now. It is indestructable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Which type of grapple is best suited for...-grapple2.jpg   Which type of grapple is best suited for...-grapple3.jpg  

  8. #208
    Platinum Member sd455dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    816
    Location
    North Idaho
    Tractor
    Ford 3000-Rhino 554,Co-Op ,Honda ,Gilson riding mowers

    Default Re: Which type of grapple is best suited for...

    Quote Originally Posted by arlen4720 View Post
    I just got a 66 inch BoDozer for my 4720 last week. I've used it for about 8 hours now. It is indestructable.
    Very Nice

  9. #209
    Elite Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,017
    Location
    kalamazoo and timbuktu
    Tractor
    Many

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sd455dan View Post
    Think you made the right choice, with 50 hp it makes it about as wide as your track width, mine is also 66" and haven't found it to be a problem picking up anything weight wise....most cases the added width is an advantage in how fast the job gets done...
    Picking up with a wide grapple wouldn't be a problem unless you get close to your lifting capacity. Mostly the wider grapple hinders you when digging. But if you primarily move debris and have the lifting capacity to handle the grapple plus the load, then you made a very good choice. As an example, if you were doing storm cleanup and had a big machine, wider is better. If you are digging or have lifting limitations, narrow is better. In most all cases larger vertical opening is better and I don't see that discussed as much as I think it should be. I tend to push my piles into school bus size heaps and then want as big a bite as possible when feeding the fire or moving the pile.

  10. #210
    Elite Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,017
    Location
    kalamazoo and timbuktu
    Tractor
    Many

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arlen4720 View Post
    I just got a 66 inch BoDozer for my 4720 last week. I've used it for about 8 hours now. It is indestructable.
    Looks very nice.. For a rake grapple, it has good size lower teeth.

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rotary Cutter Bush hog 3210... which type semi mount, or trail type?
    By FMRanch in forum Attachments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM
  2. Backhoe What type of Root Grapple to Purchase 66" or 72"?
    By Eddieman555 in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 10:17 PM
  3. Making My Grapple Better Suited For Loose Wood
    By wvpolekat in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
  4. Replace directional valve type tandem by type float
    By hodinhtran in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 08:01 AM
  5. Which Grapple type is best?
    By Mtngrancher in forum Toolcat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.