Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    54
    Location
    NW Illinois USA
    Tractor
    IH 2400 case Ih Jx75

    Default KingKutter customer service.

    I purchased a Kingkutter 84" tiller a few weeks back. I had a few questions on drive shaft length so I emailed them through their internet site. After 3 days with no reply I emailed them again with no reply. I then decide to try out my new tiller on last years garden. On the first pass I broke the rear yoke on the pto shaft. There are no roots or rocks in this garden. I then contacted them and they wanted to know my tractor model. Then they told be they would not honor warrantee because my tractor was too big. I read somewhere that they recommended 50-60 hp to operate this tiller. They also said it was a cat 2hitch heavy duty gearbox. My tractor is a case ih jx75. It puts out I beleive 62 pto hp. They told me there implements are sized by gross hp and not pto hp. They also told me their heavy duty 84" tiller has the same gearbox,45hp as their 5footer.

    The person I talked to on the phone said maybe I should have contacted them before using it. I explained that I emailed them twice with no responce.His comment was don't you own a phone.I also asked what should I do with the tiller now and his comment was just sell it. I would rate Kingkutter's customer sevice as the worst company that I have ever dealt with. I kinda thought I was taking a chance when I seen the paint job but I have read some good reviews on their tillers. I now will avoid kingkutter implements all together and hope they change their advertizing agenda.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,469
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Tractor
    G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    Quote Originally Posted by rbg60 View Post
    I purchased a Kingkutter 84" tiller a few weeks back. I had a few questions on drive shaft length so I emailed them through their internet site. After 3 days with no reply I emailed them again with no reply. I then decide to try out my new tiller on last years garden. On the first pass I broke the rear yoke on the pto shaft. There are no roots or rocks in this garden. I then contacted them and they wanted to know my tractor model. Then they told be they would not honor warrantee because my tractor was too big. I read somewhere that they recommended 50-60 hp to operate this tiller. They also said it was a cat 2hitch heavy duty gearbox. My tractor is a case ih jx75. It puts out I beleive 62 pto hp. They told me there implements are sized by gross hp and not pto hp. They also told me their heavy duty 84" tiller has the same gearbox,45hp as their 5footer.

    The person I talked to on the phone said maybe I should have contacted them before using it. I explained that I emailed them twice with no responce.His comment was don't you own a phone.I also asked what should I do with the tiller now and his comment was just sell it. I would rate Kingkutter's customer sevice as the worst company that I have ever dealt with. I kinda thought I was taking a chance when I seen the paint job but I have read some good reviews on their tillers. I now will avoid kingkutter implements all together and hope they change their advertizing agenda.
    Your question to them was concerning drive shaft length and not hp rating. From what you posted it would indicate to me you knew you were over hp and were willing to take a gamble on it. When you lost, you are now blaming them. Have I miss understood you?

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    54
    Location
    NW Illinois USA
    Tractor
    IH 2400 case Ih Jx75

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    I stand corrected. The required operating hp listed was 50-65. Having less than 65 pto hp I didn't feel like I was taking a chance. Not sure why they would use a 45 hp gearbox on a 84 " tiller if they werent taking a chance.
    Last edited by rbg60; 04-29-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: miss quote

  4. #4
    Bronze Member nitroxn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    71
    Location
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510DT

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    I have a 5' KK tiller, mine has a slip clutch mechanism built into the pto shaft. As long as the slipper isnt frozen and it is properly adjusted why would HP matter?

    Could the driveshaft have broken from being to long? In other words it bottomed out?
    Can you remove the driveshaft from your tractor without removing the tiller? If not it may be too long.
    Kubota B7510DT With LA302 FEL - Woods BH6500 Backhoe - 5' BoxBlade - 5' Caroni Finish Mower - 5' King Kutter Tiller - IMCO Post Hole Digger

  5. #5
    Advertiser sweettractors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,156
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    Quote Originally Posted by nitroxn View Post
    I have a 5' KK tiller, mine has a slip clutch mechanism built into the pto shaft. As long as the slipper isnt frozen and it is properly adjusted why would HP matter?

    Could the driveshaft have broken from being to long? In other words it bottomed out?
    Can you remove the driveshaft from your tractor without removing the tiller? If not it may be too long.
    I go along with you on this. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

    Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

    Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

  6. #6
    Epic Contributor Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    48,366
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    i too have seen driveline and pto bearing carrier damage with a long driveline.

    i had to repair a jd tractor and repalce the bearing carrier and the ind clutch pack after a employee ran a tiller with too long a driveline and it bottomed. damaged the driveline as well.

    I've found KK cust service to be fine and fast.

    I've called them too.. wasn't an email.

  7. #7
    Silver Member RAYJAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    139
    Location
    CLIFFORD PA
    Tractor
    LS 3039H

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    just my .02 I may be old but i like to talk to a person about a problem, you never know who is answering the e-mail , now if i need hard data they can e-mail me the specs.

    jeff

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    54
    Location
    NW Illinois USA
    Tractor
    IH 2400 case Ih Jx75

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    I checked the pto shaft and it was originally too short. It only had 3 inches over lapp in the down position. I then added a 4 inch extention to my tractor pto shaft to get the over lapp to 7 inches. King kutter recommends a 6 " minimal over lapp. The store that I purchased my tiller from is fixing tiller for free but couldnt understand why kk didnt stand behind their product. Hopefully it was just a bad yoke. The garden had been tilled the year before so it should have been an easy task. I do agree that the slip clutch should protect the pto shaft even at higher than recommended hp. Still not sure why kk would base their implements on gross hp instead of pto hp. I was surprised at how short the pto shaft was on this tiller. I think 20 ".Maybe since my tractor is a bigger frame with a short pto shaft the angle may be more severe.I will check this angle when I get the shaft replaced.

    I still think kk should of stood behind their product. I talked to a local guy today that says he runs a kk tiller with 80 hp and never had a problem.

  9. #9
    Advertiser sweettractors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,156
    Location
    Central Kentucky
    Tractor
    JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    Quote Originally Posted by rbg60 View Post
    I checked the pto shaft and it was originally too short. It only had 3 inches over lapp in the down position. I then added a 4 inch extention to my tractor pto shaft to get the over lapp to 7 inches. King kutter recommends a 6 " minimal over lapp. The store that I purchased my tiller from is fixing tiller for free but couldnt understand why kk didnt stand behind their product. Hopefully it was just a bad yoke. The garden had been tilled the year before so it should have been an easy task. I do agree that the slip clutch should protect the pto shaft even at higher than recommended hp. Still not sure why kk would base their implements on gross hp instead of pto hp. I was surprised at how short the pto shaft was on this tiller. I think 20 ".Maybe since my tractor is a bigger frame with a short pto shaft the angle may be more severe.I will check this angle when I get the shaft replaced.

    I still think kk should of stood behind their product. I talked to a local guy today that says he runs a kk tiller with 80 hp and never had a problem.
    FWIW, From my experience, I would get rid of the pto extension asap and get the correct length shaft. The extensions always cause excessive vibration strain on the implement driveline, implement input shaft bearings and tractor pto bearings. Ken Sweet
    http://www.sweetfarms.com/

    Sweet Farm Equipment LLC (Internet Sales, Shipping All States)
    Shipping Facility
    1815 Defries Rd., Canmer, Ky 42722 Toll Free 1-866-528-3323
    Ken Sweet sweet@scrtc.com

    Shipping Example: Can ship 800 lbs from Ky. to Dallas for $165
    The Northeast shipping corridor is a little more expensive.

  10. #10
    Elite Member rekees4300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,137
    Location
    Indiana
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X500

    Default Re: KingKutter customer service.

    Quote Originally Posted by rbg60 View Post
    After 3 days with no reply I emailed them again with no reply.
    Been thinking about buying a Kingkutter slip scoop. Never owned any of their products but always had the impression they were top-notch company. Having second thoughts after your post. If there's one thing I can't stand its sending an email to a company through their website and they don't respond!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
    By kwg in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM
  2. CUSTOMER SERVICE
    By ice in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 04:40 PM
  3. Customer service
    By JCar in forum Century & Branson
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 09:50 PM
  4. Dealer Dealer Customer service
    By L3010Ken in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.