Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    223
    Location
    Alabama
    Tractor
    NorTrac/40XT

    Default I just got bad news

    I just got a call from Northern Tools where I placed a order for a 5' bush/brush hog
    and paid $899 dollars plus free shipping. It left Minnesota 4 days ago and now sitting up in Atlanta but before they can deliver it here to Alabama.I have to pay $85 dollars for a lift fee to take it off the truck. But then again it could have been my fault for not knowing what a lift is and checking the box when I did the order.

  2. #2
    Super Star Member murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    18,318
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK-40

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyPair2 View Post
    I just got a call from Northern Tools where I placed a order for a 5' bush/brush hog
    and paid $899 dollars plus free shipping. It left Minnesota 4 days ago and now sitting up in Atlanta but before they can deliver it here to Alabama.I have to pay $85 dollars for a lift fee to take it off the truck. But then again it could have been my fault for not knowing what a lift is and checking the box when I did the order.
    Buy a set of forks
    Murph

  3. #3
    Super Member Coyote machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,356
    Location
    Southern VT
    Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    It can't be avoided, part of getting it to you.

    Murph, the truck is in Atlanta, GA. The OP is in Alabama. Forks won't fix this one.
    Last edited by Coyote machine; 08-01-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, KL-401 FEL, (reversible cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter. HLA Series 2000 7' plow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

    2015 Husky AWD Rider 322T Combi 103 deck. Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang, no HP.

    Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    20
    Location
    edgerton,mo
    Tractor
    cockshutt

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    That sux.

  5. #5
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,436
    Location
    Yanceyville, North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    Best wishes. Hope you receive it soon.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Marveltone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,491
    Location
    Somewhere north of Roseau, MN
    Tractor
    Fordson Major Diesel, McCormick Deering W4, Ford 1510, John Deere L111

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    Sometimes you can avoid these things if you know of a local business with a loading dock and forklift and have it shipped there. They can load it on your trailer and you can lift or drag it off once you get it home. Of course, you need to talk to them first, but I've had good luck doing it this way.

    Joe
    Joe

    Fordson Major Diesel: Case 3-bottom Trip Plow, Case 12' Trip Field Cultivator, Kewanee 130 Disc, John Deere 1209 Mower Conditioner, John Deere 594LW Side Delivery Rake, New Holland Hayliner 273 Baler, 18' Spike-Tooth Harrow
    Ford 1510: Du-Al 105 Loader, "The Thumb" Grapple, Bush Hog RBC60 Rear Blade, Woods HC54 Rotary Cutter, Tarter 5' Heavy-Duty Hinge Back Box Blade, Buhler Farm King Y600 Snowblower

  7. #7
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8,000
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    Do you have a loader?

    Use a chain to lift it off the truck.

    Or do you have a neighbor that can unload it for you?

  8. #8
    Veteran Member PhysAssist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,336
    Location
    Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    Quote Originally Posted by Marveltone View Post
    Sometimes you can avoid these things if you know of a local business with a loading dock and forklift and have it shipped there. They can load it on your trailer and you can lift or drag it off once you get it home. Of course, you need to talk to them first, but I've had good luck doing it this way.

    Joe
    Hi ArmyPair2,

    You don't have to know someone with a loading dock.

    I don't have a friend with one, but we still got my boxblade as a freight delivery.

    Call them back and ask them what local freight terminal they can deliver the mower to.

    The truck will deliver to the terminal, where your mower will be offloaded, and they will notify you of the delivery.

    You will have to have access to a pickup truck or trailer and some way to unload the mower from the truck at home, but at the terminal, they will gladly load it into your conveyance and you are home free.

    There was no charge at the terminal for the offloading and loading into my pickup truck.

    I hope this helps and good luck with your new tractor and mower.

    Thomas

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,294
    Location
    Fanning Springs, Gilchirst County, North-Central Florida
    Tractor
    Kubota Tractor Loader L3560 HST 37-hp / 5,400 pounds

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    I have had common carriers deliver ten implements.

    I always pay the $50 residential delivery fee.

    There are six common carriers that deliver to my rural area of Florida from Ocala, 70 miles away. All have delivered on lift equipped trucks.....so far.

    I give drivers clear directions to my place, $10 for lunch, and offer a cold drink on arrival.

    All drivers, both male and female, have been happy to offload palletized implements onto the road with their manual fork lifts, including 950 pound Cultipacker.

    That is my experience. Yours may be different.
    Last edited by jeff9366; 08-03-2013 at 12:19 AM.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,644
    Location
    Near Lake Ontario
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: I just got bad news

    Quote Originally Posted by PhysAssist View Post
    Hi ArmyPair2,

    You don't have to know someone with a loading dock.

    I don't have a friend with one, but we still got my boxblade as a freight delivery.

    Call them back and ask them what local freight terminal they can deliver the mower to.

    The truck will deliver to the terminal, where your mower will be offloaded, and they will notify you of the delivery.

    You will have to have access to a pickup truck or trailer and some way to unload the mower from the truck at home, but at the terminal, they will gladly load it into your conveyance and you are home free.

    There was no charge at the terminal for the offloading and loading into my pickup truck.

    I hope this helps and good luck with your new tractor and mower.

    Thomas
    I've gone this route before. One time the terminal was only 12 miles away (FedEx Freight) and the other time about 70 miles (Estes). But both times it was still much cheaper to pick it up than paying the residential charge.
    Now I just meet them at the corner convenience store with the Bobcat and forks. Just did this yesterday for a new JD mower deck.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford
    _____________________________________________

    Also - Erskine 73" blower /TSC QA boom pole/ Bradco 48" forks / Grapple bucket/ JLG T350 Boom Lift / 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift / CAM Superline 6x12 dump / (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed / 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. bad boy?
    By BLUEBONNET2 in forum General Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:58 PM
  2. not a bad dibble
    By daugen in forum General Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 07:48 PM
  3. Snow good news, bad news, with snow clearing
    By uglyboywith11fingers in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 06:54 PM
  4. Good news,Bad news,found a spring
    By crusty 1 in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
  5. Good news and bad news, ugh my back
    By PineRidge in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.