Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Bronze Member PumpingPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59
    Location
    Fort Scott, KS
    Tractor
    New Holland Workmaster 55

    Default Box blade question

    I am currently looking for a box blade for my NH workmaster 55 and can't seem to decide on the size. My tractor is cat ll/cat l compatible on the 3 point. I was thinking that an 8 ft box blade would probably be the best size/match. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,235
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: Box blade question

    Actually a good 72"-84" box would be the best. Sort of depends on what all you will be using it for though. Get a unit that weighs at least 1000lbs and you will be good to go.

    I'm sure others will help out with some other input.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  3. #3
    Bronze Member PumpingPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59
    Location
    Fort Scott, KS
    Tractor
    New Holland Workmaster 55

    Default

    Thanks for the info. It seems like a lot of the box blades I see, even the 7 and 8 footers are around 500 to 600 pounds. If I look at the one's NH sells, they are around 1300 pounds. They are also very expensive.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,507
    Location
    Western PA
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

    Default Re: Box blade question

    Price really jumps up when you start playing with cat II implments, but they are much more stout. Make sure if you are looking at new to compare the boxblades that are rated for your horsepower. I found alot that cut their power ratings to half when you had 4wd.
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR),

    '01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    '95 CR 500
    FIL-JD 4020; Ford 9600,5000

  5. #5
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,235
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: Box blade question

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingPete View Post
    Thanks for the info. It seems like a lot of the box blades I see, even the 7 and 8 footers are around 500 to 600 pounds. If I look at the one's NH sells, they are around 1300 pounds. They are also very expensive.
    The light weight units are good for doing light work. For a box blade, you really want 125lbs+ per foot of width and the ones that are 1300lbs are industrial units, VERY VERY good, You usually get what you pay for when it comes to new implements.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  6. #6
    Advertiser EverythingAttachments's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,770
    Location
    Newton NC
    Tractor
    Which One do you want to know about?

    Default Re: Box blade question

    Our ETA 84" Severe Extreme box blade or even a 78" would be a great fit for your tractor. It comes with a solid welded Cat 1/Cat 2 combo hitch, 8 ripper shanks and high quality US made cutting edges.

    The weight of these(78"@680pounds/84"@725pounds) is more than adequate for most any application, but some continually swear that heavier is better.

    Ted says:
    If the design and angles are right, weight is a factor to a certain extent, but isn't necessary. The extra weight will be good for ballast with loader work, but will not matter beyond that.
    As an example: He used our utility box blade as ballast on his 22hp Bobcat tractor in our grapple video which worked well, but for grading, he would've been better off with our lighter, compact box because the extra weight hurt more than it helped.

    Ted is on his way to the factory to design a heavier, over the top box blade for those that believe weight conquers all. If there's a demand, he is willing to build!!!
    Ted Corriher
    www.EverythingAttachments.com
    1-866-581-5818

    A family-owned American Company that also sells quality Made in USA Implements every chance we get! We pride ourselves on giving good product information and putting the needs of our customers above our own!

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    8,235
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: Box blade question

    Quote Originally Posted by EverythingAttachments View Post
    Our ETA 84" Severe Extreme box blade or even a 78" would be a great fit for your tractor. It comes with a solid welded Cat 1/Cat 2 combo hitch, 8 ripper shanks and high quality US made cutting edges.

    The weight of these(78"@680pounds/84"@725pounds) is more than adequate for most any application, but some continually swear that heavier is better.

    Ted says:
    If the design and angles are right, weight is a factor to a certain extent, but isn't necessary. The extra weight will be good for ballast with loader work, but will not matter beyond that.
    As an example: He used our utility box blade as ballast on his 22hp Bobcat tractor in our grapple video which worked well, but for grading, he would've been better off with our lighter, compact box because the extra weight hurt more than it helped.

    Ted is on his way to the factory to design a heavier, over the top box blade for those that believe weight conquers all. If there's a demand, he is willing to build!!!
    Yes sir lighter is better, that is why most every commercially used box blade in use today is only 175-200lbs per foot. Oh wait that isn't light is it?

    The secret is to have the right weight AND width for the machine that it is being used with.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  8. #8
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    3,054
    Location
    Windham County, Conn
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

    Default Re: Box blade question

    I pull a 8' Heavy Landpride with my Ford 2120 and New Holland TN75D. It works well with both. I would not go any narrower than 8 feet. I've had mine almost 30 years.

    Andy

  9. #9
    Bronze Member PumpingPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    59
    Location
    Fort Scott, KS
    Tractor
    New Holland Workmaster 55

    Default

    All good information. Thank you very much. The NH boxes apparently have hydraulic adjustments and weigh in at 1000 lbs. not sure that is worth the 1k over the EA box.

  10. #10
    Super Star Member TripleR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17,045
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

    Default Re: Box blade question

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpingPete View Post
    All good information. Thank you very much. The NH boxes apparently have hydraulic adjustments and weigh in at 1000 lbs. not sure that is worth the 1k over the EA box.
    Depends on the individual I guess, I bought a Land Pride HR3584 and after using others over the years, the difference in performance was well worth it to me. Woods and others make good, heavy duty scrapers too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hinged Box Blade vs. Fixed edge Box Blade
    By CTMassey in forum Attachments
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
  2. Need a box blade
    By blaux61 in forum Massey Ferguson Owning/Operating
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 10:52 AM
  3. Box blade
    By HK45 in forum Bobcat Tractors
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2013, 08:17 AM
  4. Box Scraper Can you ID this box blade?
    By sparc in forum Attachments
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2013, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.