Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Elite Member Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,413
    Location
    South West MI
    Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike VS View Post
    Yes, very easily. It is the bucket cable that prevents it from going left.
    That narrows it down to either the cable or the valve.
    If the cable is attached to the joystick, but not the valve and the joystick moves to the left OK, I'd say the problem is in the valve. Possibly the end opposite where the cable hooks up that contains the return spring and dents.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

  2. #12
    Super Star Member J_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    18,918
    Location
    JACKSONVILLE, FL
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Bucket tilt is the up/down action of the bucket.

    Regen is a feature on some valves that let you do a fast dump, and this is because the fluid from the cyl shaft end is added to the fluid going into the base end of the cyl.

    A cyl not using regen will take so much time to extend, and regen will decrease that by about 1/2.
    J.J.

    When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

    Git er done.

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Location
    Hillsboro WV
    Tractor
    JD 5300 w/ 521 Loader

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    That narrows it down to either the cable or the valve.
    If the cable is attached to the joystick, but not the valve and the joystick moves to the left OK, I'd say the problem is in the valve. Possibly the end opposite where the cable hooks up that contains the return spring and dents.
    I agree with that test...Now I have to find time to get to the valve and try that. Thanks

  4. #14
    Super Star Member J_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    18,918
    Location
    JACKSONVILLE, FL
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Can you post a picture of the gimbal assembly on the top of the valve.

    The gimbal should be pivoted at one point and the spool ends are connected to the gimbal.

    When you move the lever fwd and back, the gimbal moves down and then up, pushing or pulling the spool.

    On the other axis, the lever is supposed to push and or pull the spool by the lever moving left, to center, and then right , and more right if regen is installed.

    Has the joystick always worked this way.

    Did you purchase the tractor new?

    Did someone work on the valve?

    It just does not make good sense if you know how a gimbal works.

    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...50768961,d.b2I

    Pages 18 and 19 shows a gimbal assembly for reference.
    Last edited by J_J; 08-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    J.J.

    When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

    Git er done.

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Location
    Hillsboro WV
    Tractor
    JD 5300 w/ 521 Loader

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Thanks JJ, That is a great link showing the valve and controler. The joystick most like mine was on page 22. I have been overloaded with work this week so I have not been able to get out there and start applying this new found knowledge. I am almost positive I will find the problem where the "bucket up" cable meets the valve or that valve itself. I'll keep you posted when I can get in there. Thanks again!

  6. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    926
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Tractor
    2008 John Deere 5303 MFWD

    Default

    I have a neighbor whose FEL is same model and works the same way. My 522 FEL seems to work as it should. I just assumed her hoses had been reconnected incorrectly by someone in the past and intended to swap them around next time I used that tractor. Is correcting the function operation not that simple?

  7. #17
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    741
    Tractor
    cx70,5510,4630,5005

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    the joystick controller can be put on wrong.turn it around where the drop/float position is after the powered lower position.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Location
    Hillsboro WV
    Tractor
    JD 5300 w/ 521 Loader

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Quote Originally Posted by deere5105 View Post
    I have a neighbor whose FEL is same model and works the same way. My 522 FEL seems to work as it should. I just assumed her hoses had been reconnected incorrectly by someone in the past and intended to swap them around next time I used that tractor. Is correcting the function operation not that simple?
    Just when I was sure mine was wrong you come along and tell me this! I have already tried changing hoses around and the only thing it did was make me lose the bucket up funtion and gain the fast dump feature in the second click to the right (stick still wont move left). The one reason (besides everybodys oppinion here) I am sure its broke is the manual shows conventional stick movement.

  9. #19
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    926
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Tractor
    2008 John Deere 5303 MFWD

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike VS View Post

    Just when I was sure mine was wrong you come along and tell me this! I have already tried changing hoses around and the only thing it did was make me lose the bucket up funtion and gain the fast dump feature in the second click to the right (stick still wont move left). The one reason (besides everybodys oppinion here) I am sure its broke is the manual shows conventional stick movement.
    For the record, I definitely think something is wrong with the neighbors. On hers forward is down, left is curl down(dump), back is up and right is curl up unless you push through to far right and it goes into quick dump. Short of that it goes through all the motions. Sounds like hose swap would correct her issues and if yours won't go into a certain position then it would be a mechanical malfunction.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    30
    Location
    Hillsboro WV
    Tractor
    JD 5300 w/ 521 Loader

    Default Re: JD 521 Loader control problems

    Quote Originally Posted by deere5105 View Post
    For the record, I definitely think something is wrong with the neighbors. On hers forward is down, left is curl down(dump), back is up and right is curl up unless you push through to far right and it goes into quick dump. Short of that it goes through all the motions. Sounds like hose swap would correct her issues and if yours won't go into a certain position then it would be a mechanical malfunction.
    Yea, I agree. Sounds like hoses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Loader Tech Manual for JD 521 Loader
    By GillieBrook in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 05:47 PM
  2. fel control problems
    By Aaron Wade in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 01:56 PM
  3. FEL control valve cylinder problems!
    By npaden in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
  4. Flow Control Valve Problems
    By frankmako in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
  5. Throttle control problems
    By Chiefly in forum Cub Cadet Tractors
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.