Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 217
  1. #21
    Bronze Member weathda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    68
    Location
    Alabama
    Tractor
    Dresser 175C, Farmtrac 665DTC

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    Ken, those came off an old elevator. My brother's father-in-law picked those up about 30 years ago from a junk/scrap dealer in Florida. The guy had a whole stack of them. My brother's FIL took 2 I guess and they sat for 30 years till he gave them to my brother who never used them. He ended up giving them to me. My brother used a different weight block...maybe he'll be along to post of pic of his setup (he's also a member here.

    It seems a bracket of some sort would be an easy add-on for BB manufacturers to add. This little weight makes a noticeable difference.

  2. #22
    Advertiser EverythingAttachments's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,336
    Location
    Newton NC
    Tractor
    Which One do you want to know about?

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    An economical unit for you guys would be to just copy the one that you make now, just use some 3/8" & 1/2" steel.

    I seriously doubt that you will find a better unit than this one from Woods. All of the industrial units are the best that there are. That's why they are the units than come on the industrial use tractors. I don't know if it can be improved.
    Thanks for all the opinions!

    Using heavier steel would be easy. It may be a good idea to make the current models upgradeable to thicker steel for those who want added weight.

    It sounds like the Gannon HD24496HXD is Ted's favorite mega boxblade. He's sold Woods products in the past and that one is similar to the FFC box blades that we sell, but not as heavy. FFC supplies Case/New Holland with the OEM boxes for their industrial machines.
    I think he'll be working on a design today.
    Ted Corriher
    www.EverythingAttachments.com
    1-866-581-5818

    A family-owned American Company that also sells quality Made in USA Implements every chance we get! We pride ourselves on giving good product information and putting the needs of our customers above our own!

  3. #23
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    241
    Location
    S.W. Missouri
    Tractor
    LS U5030C w/FEL

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    I have a 7' Modern Industrial Box Blade with hydraulic rippers which I think sets the standard. It is gavanized and it weighs 1211 pounds. Sure, galvanization costs more, but it doesn't rust like most other attachments. It is rated to 100 hp and can stop my 55 hp 4WD tractor dead in its tracks if it catches a root.
    LS U5030C w/FEL, Bush Hog 307, Modern 7' industrial grade box blade w/hydraulic rippers, Rhino SPHD PHD, 48" Wildkat grapple, 72" Ratchet Rake, 6' King Kutter II tiller, 10' International Disk with hydraulic lift, 7' Vulcan double axle cultipacker, 76" W.R. Long bucket tooth bar.

  4. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,393
    Location
    somewhere usa
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    My thought is the extra weight added should also strengthen the boxblade, not just provide extra weight. The Gannon I have (84" Frontier BB1284) with hyd. scarifiers has beem great and weighs 1260 lbs. The FFC boxblade looks to be very well made from the picture. I would suggest that you make the clevis hitch be compatible with both cat 1 and 2 hitches and quick hitches as that would make it easier to sell.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member xring100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,050
    Location
    Livingston County, Michigan
    Tractor
    Kubota M8540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverythingAttachments View Post

    Thanks for all the opinions!

    Using heavier steel would be easy. It may be a good idea to make the current models upgradeable to thicker steel for those who want added weight.

    It sounds like the Gannon HD24496HXD is Ted's favorite mega boxblade. He's sold Woods products in the past and that one is similar to the FFC box blades that we sell, but not as heavy. FFC supplies Case/New Holland with the OEM boxes for their industrial machines.
    I think he'll be working on a design today.
    Awesome I'll keep an eye out for these it would also be nice if you listed the heaped capacity of the models. I Was really close to ordering an FFC or gannon box blade but was not sure if i would use it enough to justify the cost. Ended up ordering a Bush hog instead as i needed it more urgently. Maybee next year I'll revisit the box blade idea. I'm most concerned with connecting with a 2' diameter bolder that's buried and causing serious damage. My yard is all clay and boulders. Ranging from 6 " to 5' diameter. I have dug out 3 boulders of at least 30" in the last year. Glad to hear your looking at an even heavier model.
    Thanks for listening to the customer as it great to hear your interested in what we want

    Dave

  6. #26
    Super Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,182
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    I think Dave (xring100) gave you a very honest assessment in post #15..

    I'm not a fan of "adding" weight either. Put the weight into the construction of the box blade.

    Secondly, I can't imagine a heavy duty BB without hydraulic scarifiers. Increases the productivity tenfold.

    Some will say you can use pinned scarifiers if you have hydraulic toplink to tilt the box. No comparison. Go hydraulic lift or go home when building a heavy BB.
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

  7. #27
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,707
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    There is a reason that the commercial-industrial boxes are made the way that they are. It's because that is what works best and holds up in tough conditions. They haven't really evolved much in the past 20-30 years, because it is what works best.

    Just my
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  8. #28
    Super Member ovrszd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,182
    Location
    Missouri
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    There is a reason that the commercial-industrial boxes are made the way that they are. It's because that is what works best and holds up in tough conditions. They haven't really evolved much in the past 20-30 years, because it is what works best.

    Just my

    I agree Brian. Mine is a Landpride HR3584, made by Gannon I believe. I think it weighs in the 1200lb area. I bought it from the second owner. He bought it 15 years ago so it's probably pushing 20 years old. The later models have changed a bit in the hydraulic scarifier area. Newer ones raise the teeth higher out of the box. Otherwise not much has changed. It's tough as a boot.

    I believe mine is rated for a 60HP tractor and it's considerably heavier built than EA's "ETA Severe Extreme Boxblade". I use it on my M9540. Not going to say I can't tear it up. But I'd have to really abuse it to do it.

    I'm with Dave, drop the Soap Opera name and lower the rating to something more realistic. Then build an actual Heavy Duty BB. With Hydraulic Scarifiers of course.
    Richard

    "Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

  9. #29
    Elite Member
    Advertiser
    MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,707
    Location
    4000\' mountains of Southern California
    Tractor
    Mahindra 7520, Mahindra 3215HST, Case 580 extendahoe, Case 310 dozer, Parsons trencher, Cat D6,

    Default Re: ATTN: Heavy BOX BLADE Experts.....Give us your opinions please.

    Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    I agree Brian. Mine is a Landpride HR3584, made by Gannon I believe. I think it weighs in the 1200lb area. I bought it from the second owner. He bought it 15 years ago so it's probably pushing 20 years old. The later models have changed a bit in the hydraulic scarifier area. Newer ones raise the teeth higher out of the box. Otherwise not much has changed. It's tough as a boot.

    I believe mine is rated for a 60HP tractor and it's considerably heavier built than EA's "ETA Severe Extreme Boxblade". I use it on my M9540. Not going to say I can't tear it up. But I'd have to really abuse it to do it.

    I'm with Dave, drop the Soap Opera name and lower the rating to something more realistic. Then build an actual Heavy Duty BB. With Hydraulic Scarifiers of course.
    There is the answer right there.
    Brian
    Top and Tilt Kits by Fit Rite Hydraulics

  10. #30
    Gold Member paulwestski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    295
    Location
    VA Beach & Amherst, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240

    Default

    Ted needs to build a rollover blade.
    Kubota L4240 HST+ R-4's,

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hinged Box Blade vs. Fixed edge Box Blade
    By CTMassey in forum Attachments
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Lowery Box Blades and rotary cutters...any opinions on them?
    By Atlanta Panther in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2013, 09:33 AM
  3. Give me some trailer opinions/advice
    By dieselfuelonly in forum Trailers & Transportation
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 10:49 PM
  4. Give me some opinions Cub fans!
    By DmansPadge in forum Cub Cadet Tractors
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 11:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.