Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    238
    Location
    Clover SC
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 4WD FEL

    Default Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    I have a 2006 kubota 4x4 L2800 with FEL. I am always doing projects on my property that require moving dirt. The straight edge does the job but not great. What are my options on adding a tooth bar. I am looking for the most economical piece or even a diy option, of course reviews and advice is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Wade

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,248
    Location
    Kansas...USA
    Tractor
    Kubota B2620 (2012)

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    I had good results with a WR Long Flat Tooth Bar in rocky mounds of excavated soil. Even on a tractor smaller than yours, viz., the BX2660, I was pleased with the results. Then later, when I moved to a B2620, I bought the Piranha Tooth Bar that has worked great in turf and bushy soil. The bars bolt on/off easily as needed....e.g. for snow, scooping manure etc. Cheers, Mike
    Kubota B2620 HST

  3. #3
    Elite Member GManBart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?


  4. #4
    Bronze Member JRL305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    79
    Location
    Charleston, TN
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    I put a Piranha Tooth Bar on my LA504 on a B3200. It makes a world of difference on brush and leveling dirt. I can run it into brush and then backdrag it into a pile. Level the loader and help the pile into the bucket with a pitchfork and off to the burnpile. Best tool i've ever bought.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member PhysAssist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,148
    Location
    Upstate NY- see the BIG lake- look just below it...
    Tractor
    Kubota B2320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRL305 View Post
    I put a Piranha Tooth Bar on my LA504 on a B3200. It makes a world of difference on brush and leveling dirt. I can run it into brush and then backdrag it into a pile. Level the loader and help the pile into the bucket with a pitchfork and off to the burnpile. Best tool i've ever bought.
    X2

    We have had a very similar experience with our use of the BXpanded PTB.


    After all, digging and raking are what the PTB were specifically made for. Go to BXpanded.com and check it our. Harry was great to work with and very helpful in answering my (many) questions.

    He can make them in a size to fit whatever you need, and can even leave a gap in the teeth (if desired) to allow use of bucket forks- we also recommend those for removing piles of brush to you burn pile, or wherever you need them to go.

    Check out the Yankee Warehouse for their chain-on forks, they offer a pretty unbeatable combination of low price and high value. We use them constantly.

    Thomas

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    133
    Location
    NEK Vermont
    Tractor
    '49 Ford 8N & '08 Kubota L3400

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    I have one on an L3400, definitely a worthwhile addition. Makes a big difference in digging capability.

    I got mine a few years ago from Markham, when they were still Markham. Looked at some of the threads linked above, prices seem a good bit higher now.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    Location
    389 N 3855 E, Rigby, ID 83442
    Tractor
    vdvd

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    Tooth bar is great for hard and rocky soil. I had done all my field work using this machine. Definitely go for it. Go here for more viable options.

  8. #8
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    238
    Location
    Clover SC
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 4WD FEL

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    Thanks for the info. I am waiting on a reply now from BXpanded.com.

    Wade

  9. #9
    Gold Member Teikas Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    284
    Location
    In a city in a state
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200

    Default Re: Tooth bar options and. Advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by PhysAssist View Post
    X2

    We have had a very similar experience with our use of the BXpanded PTB.


    After all, digging and raking are what the PTB were specifically made for. Go to BXpanded.com and check it our. Harry was great to work with and very helpful in answering my (many) questions.

    He can make them in a size to fit whatever you need, and can even leave a gap in the teeth (if desired) to allow use of bucket forks- we also recommend those for removing piles of brush to you burn pile, or wherever you need them to go.

    Check out the Yankee Warehouse for their chain-on forks, they offer a pretty unbeatable combination of low price and high value. We use them constantly.

    Thomas
    X3 on the Piranha, besides getting a good bite in dirt, it works great for pushing brush into a pile and clearing out small diameter trees and brush.

    Just be careful, the teeth are sharp!

    2012 Kubota B3200 FEL/BH w thumb R4

  10. #10
    Elite Member TomSeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,793
    Location
    timbuktu
    Tractor
    Many

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teikas Dad View Post

    X3 on the Piranha, besides getting a good bite in dirt, it works great for pushing brush into a pile and clearing out small diameter trees and brush.

    Just be careful, the teeth are sharp!
    Wow, that looks nice. I have not seen as good a picture as that before. Do the teeth rust? My bucket sits in the weather.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Buying Advice Clamp on forks and tooth bar advice needed.
    By kootenai in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 07:57 PM
  2. Front-End Loader Tooth bar advice please
    By Folio in forum Attachments
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
  3. Need Advice on Using Tooth Bar
    By Dr. Bob in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
  4. Markham Tooth bar Advice
    By Piedmont in forum Attachments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 08:04 AM
  5. Landscaper tooth bar v. regular tooth bar
    By ccdck20hst in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.