Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 46
  1. #11
    Gold Member Herkypilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    396
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 DT 4x4 & L3540 HST

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    There's a difference in chute angle between the Woodmaxx and the Wallenstein chippers. Woodmaxx style chippers have a horizontal feed chute whereas the Wallensteins are angled down, which assists with feeding. The Woodmaxx hyd. fed chipper wasn't that much more than manual and it was still significantly less expensive than Wallenstein. Now that is a better decision point for a "hobby farmer" occasional user then with or without hydraulic feed.

    My .

    HP

  2. #12
    Platinum Member econometrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    689
    Location
    East Texas
    Tractor
    Deere 5075E MFWD OOS w/PR, 540E; Gator 825i

    Default

    I'm also a BX62 owner. No hydrofeed on mine either, and I definitely don't think I need one. The Wallenstein pulls the limbs in really well on its own.

    The simplicity and sheer brute-ness of the Wallenstein design is what endeared me to them.

    Check WoodwardCrossings.con (I think - just Google them) for their price. Their prices and service is top notch.



    Which wood chipper to buy?-image-3590243041-jpg

  3. #13
    Elite Member oosik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,365
    Location
    AMBER, WA
    Tractor
    Kubota M6040

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    Very true. My BX62 grabs the tree/limbs and literally rips them out of my hand. If it were any more aggressive I would have to stand back and launch the trees at the intake chute just to maintain safe clearance from being drug in also.

  4. #14
    Super Member newbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,296
    Location
    From Vt, in Va, retiring to MS
    Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    For those of you with the Wallensteins -

    Are they all direct drive?
    Do you shear many bolts?
    Do any of you use PTO shafts with a clutch?

    It seems most of the "chinese" chippers use belts.

    There have been several times my Jinma would "choke" on a big limb and I had to quickly disengage the chipper while the belts slipped a bit.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all
    My saws - JD CS 62, efco 3500, Stihls - 021, 660 w/woods mod, 660 w/ DP muffler, 088, Woodmizer LT10

  5. #15
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    321
    Location
    Changzhou, JiangSu, China
    Tractor
    Jinma

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkypilot View Post
    There's a difference in chute angle between the Woodmaxx and the Wallenstein chippers. Woodmaxx style chippers have a horizontal feed chute whereas the Wallensteins are angled down, which assists with feeding. The Woodmaxx hyd. fed chipper wasn't that much more than manual and it was still significantly less expensive than Wallenstein. Now that is a better decision point for a "hobby farmer" occasional user then with or without hydraulic feed.

    My .

    HP
    I think the biggest difference is its price.
    Man is not free unless government is limited.
    Ronald Reagan

  6. #16
    Epic Contributor murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    20,007
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Yuan View Post
    I think the biggest difference is its price.
    And Quality
    Murph

  7. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    321
    Location
    Changzhou, JiangSu, China
    Tractor
    Jinma

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    And Quality
    Between woodmaxx and wallenstein, I think the quality difference is not too much.Which wood chipper to buy?-20131114_143509-jpg

    This is the BX62 which I bought last year, we learn it carefully.
    Man is not free unless government is limited.
    Ronald Reagan

  8. #18
    Epic Contributor murphy1244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    20,007
    Location
    Ohio
    Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Yuan View Post
    Between woodmaxx and wallenstein, I think the quality difference is not too much.Which wood chipper to buy?-20131114_143509-jpg

    This is the BX62 which I bought last year, we learn it carefully.
    I've read of too much problems with your Copycat chippers to know better Jack. You learn cheaply.
    Murph

  9. #19
    Super Member s219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,523
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3200 Deere X380 Kubota RTV-X

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    For those of you with the Wallensteins -

    Are they all direct drive?

    Do you shear many bolts?
    Do any of you use PTO shafts with a clutch?

    It seems most of the "chinese" chippers use belts.

    There have been several times my Jinma would "choke" on a big limb and I had to quickly disengage the chipper while the belts slipped a bit.

    1. As far as I know

    2. None yet

    3. Not me

  10. #20
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,795
    Location
    nowhere, md
    Tractor
    Hanomag

    Default Re: Which wood chipper to buy?

    It depends on what is meant by "chipping" for sure.

    With 85 HP you could chip some serious sized wood, if as mentioned, you have a plan for getting the tree to/into the chipper. Big trees would call for hydraulic feed.

    I've never missed not having hydraulic feed on my BX62, but I don't chip large trees. Mostly 3" and smaller. I may cut a tall sapling in half, but that is so I can swing it into position without getting hung up in the surrounding trees. I would be doing that even if I had a hydraulic feed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. >>> H-F WOOD CHIPPER ??? <<<
    By BearKiller in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 06:32 PM
  2. Chipper wood chipper...again
    By RPK in forum Attachments
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 08:49 AM
  3. wood chipper help
    By IRON MAN in forum Ag Tractors & Machinery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 12:48 PM
  4. Chipper wood chipper
    By kayco53 in forum Attachments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 02:13 AM
  5. Chipper Wood Chipper PTO Attachment -- Dr Chipper
    By FordTruckGuy in forum Attachments
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.