Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Silver Member TnWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225
    Location
    Liberty,WV - Putnam Co.
    Tractor
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL, 1975 MF 150, 2012 JD X530

    Default TSC Lawn Roller

    http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store/...-24-in-x-52-in

    Anyone have experience with the 920lb roller from TSC? My yard is extremely rough and I need to smooth it out. I've searched for heavier used rollers big enough for my MF150, but have had no luck. This TSC roller should work well behind my X530, but not if it isn't effective. Just trying to find some real world experience with a roller this size on established lawns. Any opinions appreciated. Thanks!
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL
    1975 MF150

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,355
    Location
    Up-State New York
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

    Default Re: TSC Lawn Roller

    I have the same size roller and it does work well. I use it in the spring to flatten down the frost heaves that we get here in this part of the country every spring after the cold long winter. I fill my roller up quite full and pull it with a Husqvarna 26 horse garden tractor, I know it's behind there but my lawn is quite flat. It's best to do the rolling if the ground is moist but not too wet as ruts will be the outcome. This is what I've been doing for quite a few years and it works well. Good luck to you.
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,476
    Location
    Northern Fingerlakes region of NY, USA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

    Default Re: TSC Lawn Roller

    I have one and it works well, but if you dont drain it when it gets cold out, it will break the welds holding the bar in at one end...

    Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

  4. #4
    Super Member 94BULLITT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,529
    Location
    Frederick County, VA
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

    Default Re: TSC Lawn Roller

    920lb's for a 4' roller is good. I am not sure if using a lawn roller is the best way to smooth a yard.
    Roger

    Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

    My Threads

    EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

    My YouTube Channel

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    46
    Location
    NY
    Tractor
    Kubota GR2100

    Default Re: TSC Lawn Roller

    The one I had ended up leaking from where the bar goes into drum. I had an older roller that doesn't have rounded edges that had multiple pinholes in the side-my solution? Cut a bigger hole in side and fill it with sand. Lot heavier than water,and 3 wheeler tows it ok. I really need to just hire someone w/ ride-on roller to do it or rent one for a weekend.
    '07 Kubota GR 2100 -578hrs and BROKEN and FOR SALE!!mad:...

  6. #6
    Silver Member TnWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225
    Location
    Liberty,WV - Putnam Co.
    Tractor
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL, 1975 MF 150, 2012 JD X530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devildog1 View Post
    I have the same size roller and it does work well. I use it in the spring to flatten down the frost heaves that we get here in this part of the country every spring after the cold long winter. I fill my roller up quite full and pull it with a Husqvarna 26 horse garden tractor, I know it's behind there but my lawn is quite flat. It's best to do the rolling if the ground is moist but not too wet as ruts will be the outcome. This is what I've been doing for quite a few years and it works well. Good luck to you.
    DevilDog
    Sounds like you are doing exactly what I need to do. Glad to hear it works, I may just go ahead and get it this week.
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL
    1975 MF150

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,197
    Location
    Upstate N.Y.
    Tractor
    B2620, Toro Z-Master 45 3 (2 3hp Kaw asaki, 52" deck.Kubota RTV 900)

    Default Re: TSC Lawn Roller

    I have had 2 of those rollers over the last 15 years. They work well, but are not very durable-after a few years they crack and break. I took the plunge last year and bought a 6' roller from a fabricating shop around an hour away. It was more expensive ($600), but weighs 350lbs empty and should be much more durable.

    Will

  8. #8
    Silver Member TnWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225
    Location
    Liberty,WV - Putnam Co.
    Tractor
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL, 1975 MF 150, 2012 JD X530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    920lb's for a 4' roller is good. I am not sure if using a lawn roller is the best way to smooth a yard.
    I realize a roller will have limitations, and have a 6' tiller that I can use worst case. I'm just trying not to till the whole yard just to smooth out from moles digging, frost heave, etc.
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL
    1975 MF150

  9. #9
    Silver Member TnWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225
    Location
    Liberty,WV - Putnam Co.
    Tractor
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL, 1975 MF 150, 2012 JD X530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dieselbob69 View Post
    The one I had ended up leaking from where the bar goes into drum. I had an older roller that doesn't have rounded edges that had multiple pinholes in the side-my solution? Cut a bigger hole in side and fill it with sand. Lot heavier than water,and 3 wheeler tows it ok. I really need to just hire someone w/ ride-on roller to do it or rent one for a weekend.
    I was thinking sand might be heavier than water and would possibly make it work better.
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL
    1975 MF150

  10. #10
    Silver Member TnWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    225
    Location
    Liberty,WV - Putnam Co.
    Tractor
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL, 1975 MF 150, 2012 JD X530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will_C View Post
    I have had 2 of those rollers over the last 15 years. They work well, but are not very durable-after a few years they crack and break. I took the plunge last year and bought a 6' roller from a fabricating shop around an hour away. It was more expensive ($600), but weighs 350lbs empty and should be much more durable.

    Will
    I have been searching for one like you bought, but haven't had any luck finding anyone that makes them. I'd probably pay that for one that I knew would work and last many years. If the TSC one will work, I don't mind having to replace it in a few years.
    2003 Zetor 4341 w/FEL
    1975 MF150

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is a lawn roller really something useful?
    By JDgreen227 in forum General Lawn & Garden
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
  2. Lawn Roller
    By 3238dpw in forum Power Trac
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
  3. Lawn Roller
    By JimMorrissey in forum Attachments
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 02:36 PM
  4. Lawn roller
    By 425trailer in forum Power Trac
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.