Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Silver Member droptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    198
    Location
    Western NY
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 cab

    Default Re: Woods Snowblowers

    Only 12 years old!!!

  2. #12
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    53
    Location
    Sturgeon Bay WI
    Tractor
    Kubota L4200gtsc,LA680 loader

    Default Re: Woods Snowblowers

    I have a 45hp kubota and use a 84" blower with no power issues at all !
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxDaddy View Post
    I have a 72" Woods SS74 that I am now looking to sell. It has the larger fan blade and the shear pin in the PO. I have never found it dangerous, but I have found that a good backblade does a better job on my 1/4 mile gravel drive without the neck and back pain of driving backwards. BTW - does anyone know the horsepower needed to drive a 72? I have a 55-horse David Brown so it was never a problem, but prospective buyers want to know if their tractors will run it. As much as I want to sell it, I won't sell to someone with an underpowered tractor.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,659
    Location
    Northeast MA
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

    Default Re: Woods Snowblowers

    So how have people's experiences been with the Woods snowblowers? I've been pondering : 1) whether I really need a blower on my tractor , and 2) if I decide to pull the trigger , what to get. I've looked at Landpride, Puma, and was looking at the Woods because I've had their stuff and liked it in the past - and their blowers look like a simple, clean, rugged setup.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member JJZ 109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,299
    Location
    Chaumont, NY
    Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

    Default Re: Woods Snowblowers

    Quote Originally Posted by jim_wilson View Post
    So how have people's experiences been with the Woods snowblowers? I've been pondering : 1) whether I really need a blower on my tractor , and 2) if I decide to pull the trigger , what to get. I've looked at Landpride, Puma, and was looking at the Woods because I've had their stuff and liked it in the past - and their blowers look like a simple, clean, rugged setup.
    Are you near an Ahearn store? Even though I'm a state away, they found me in a Craigslist ad for a tractor I was selling. They treated me well on a trade deal where one of the items I received was an Erskine X2010 73 inch blower.
    You may want to get in touch with them.
    Todd
    _____________________________________________

    Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 1997 Ford F Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke w/ Altec AT 200A bucket • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • Kristi 7x18 enclosed • American Hauler 7x14 enclosed

  5. #15
    Silver Member Boris1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    147
    Location
    NE MD
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740HTSC FEL-RTVX1120 Camo-JDX540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxDaddy View Post
    I have a 72" Woods SS74 that I am now looking to sell. It has the larger fan blade and the shear pin in the PO. I have never found it dangerous, but I have found that a good backblade does a better job on my 1/4 mile gravel drive without the neck and back pain of driving backwards. BTW - does anyone know the horsepower needed to drive a 72? I have a 55-horse David Brown so it was never a problem, but prospective buyers want to know if their tractors will run it. As much as I want to sell it, I won't sell to someone with an underpowered tractor.
    I have the SS74, bought it new in 2004 to Run on my L4330. Ran it with no problem and is now being used on my 5740 which I got in 2011.

    -image-2344363993-jpg
    Kubota L5740HTSC FEL, Woods SS74 snow blower, Woods RM8400 Mower, Leinbach Post Hole digger & John Deere X540

    "They are your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are their life, their love, their leader.
    They will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of their heart.
    You owe it to them to be worthy of such devotion."
    Author unknown

  6. #16
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    77
    Location
    Southwick,MA
    Tractor
    Pasquali 993 w/FEL, Economy2414 w/FEL

    Default Re: Woods Snowblowers

    My snowblower is a 60" that I use to do several un-even & heaved asphalt driveways & a hard-packed driveway out to a horse/goat pen. As some of the other's said, you need a minimum of 4" to keep blower happy. When I run into area's that are less than required 4", I dis-engage PTO & use it like a box-blade, build up snow in the box, then engage blower to clear it.
    -on5-jpg

    Rick
    Growing older is... MANDATORY, Growing up is... OPTIONAL

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,659
    Location
    Northeast MA
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

    Default Re: Woods Snowblowers

    Quote Originally Posted by JJZ 109 View Post
    Are you near an Ahearn store? Even though I'm a state away, they found me in a Craigslist ad for a tractor I was selling. They treated me well on a trade deal where one of the items I received was an Erskine X2010 73 inch blower.
    You may want to get in touch with them.
    I've been to the Ahearn store in Spencer a few months back when I had a day off from work and was looking for something to do - I went out there and looked at Landpride blowers. I didn't see any Woods blowers around the day I was there - it seemed to be dominated by Landpride.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.