XUV Noise

/ XUV Noise #1  

cef2lion

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4410, JD455
Thought I would start a new thread. Trying to locate the noise in the back of my XUV 850D. I have the bed off getting the liner sprayed in. I thought I would drive it a bit to see if I can locate the rattle or chatter. I found a loose bolt on the clutch cover. Didn't seem all that hard so I removed the cover to test drive it. Noise was still there but I'm almost sure the noise is coming from the clutch itself. I can tap the clutch with my hand and hear something rattle in there. Might be normal. With the diesel it can be very easy to associate this rattle or chatter noise with the engine and disgard it. The XUV would be much quieter without this clutch noise. If that is where it is coming from. The noise happens just as you get up to speed. As speed increases the noise goes away. As you slow down and go with just a bit of throttle the noise comes back. I'm not sure I had this noise the first few days with the XUV because I remember taking note of it the first time and I said that is new. I don't recall my HPX doing this but it has a different clutch.

I have an email into my dealer who offer to look at the XUV. I let him know my findings. They might offer to replace the clutch but if that noise is inherit it is not going to help things. In my message I asked if maybe they could contact Deere with my issue and get there reaction. They have done that in the past for me on other matters.

Will see where this goes if anywhere.

Craig

/ XUV Noise #2  
please keep up the good work on trying to find out the problem because i really like the gators but before i buy one i want to make sure they have all them things worked out is there anyway to find out if they all came from the same assembly plant??is there diferent assembly plants maybe they have a problem at one of thier plants .

/ XUV Noise
I'll keep the group posted if anything develops. Have not heard anything from the dealer as yet. I was talking with my sales guy who had been relaying to the service manager. I want to run this down but isn't a pressing matter so that was fine by me. I just sent the service manager an email to see where things stand.

Craig

/ XUV Noise #4  
cef2lion said:
I'll keep the group posted if anything develops. Have not heard anything from the dealer as yet. I was talking with my sales guy who had been relaying to the service manager. I want to run this down but isn't a pressing matter so that was fine by me. I just sent the service manager an email to see where things stand.

Craig
Check the emergency brake cable.
If you have a good decline. Try coasting down it with the engine off and see if you hear the noise~!

/ XUV Noise
Service department at my dealer is going to come out next time they are out my way on other calls. We usually work it that way unless it is something pressing. Even if they do not come up with anything it is documented. I'm pretty sure the noise is centered around the clutch. If they acknowledge the noise I might ask that the clutch be replaced.

Craig

/ XUV Noise #7  
the service tech was at my house yesterday doing the annual service on my lawn tractor. we got to chatting about the XUV and i told him about some of the concerns that others had mentioned on this forum. he said that the majority of the noise is the engine and the clutch. he also mentioned that they haven't had any XUVs come back for any sort of repairs, or damage caused by all the racket. we drove mine (620i) and he said it was all normal. i pointed out certain noises that it makes at high speeds and he said there was no need for concern. as a side note, this tech has also become a personal friend of mine and is definately on my side. if there is a problem or the beginning of a problem he warranties it without hesitation. take your tech fishing and he will look out for you with any future service calls that you may have.:)