Hauling RTV

/ Hauling RTV #1  

TWO GUNS

Platinum Member
Fixed up something that made hauling the RTV easier. Installed a 4" cargo strap on the trailer. ( A 3" would do just fine also ) All you have to do in back the unit on the trailer, throw the strap over the back reciever , hook belt on the other side of trailer , and take the pinch-bar (wrecking bar) and tighten down. That darn RTV isn't moving anywhere till you want it to. Made it so much easier, FASTER , safer, than chaining or using rachets, cam-straps to hold it down. Before I rigged this up, I was tired before I ever got a going from putting on four different smaller straps, hooking and couldn't get them near as snug and tight as the cargo strap ~~~~

Attachments

• RTV TRAILER CARGO STRAP 3.jpg
    RTV TRAILER CARGO STRAP 3.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 342
   / Hauling RTV #2  
that rtv sure ain't gonna go anyplace.lol

after going to the clay shoot a few years in a row and watching over 1000 utv'er come in and park i seen one setup that i really like . a guy took and welded some winches the kind that go on the boat trailers . now instead of putting cable on them he put straps . now he welded 6 of them to his trailer one at each corner and one in the middle on each side. and when he achored his utv down it was solid . then the next year a few more people showed up with them hand crank winches welded to their trailers some had cables and some had the straps but it was a nice setup. it pulls from all 4 corners and both sides.

/ Hauling RTV #3  
I have one on the front of my trailer that hooks to my FEL. Then I run two chains to the rear with "bear-traps". If I cut (or marked) the rear chains the right length I wouldn't even need the bear-traps but some times I chain to the hoe, others the mower etc..

/ Hauling RTV
I would mark them, don't cut them , that way if you ever wanted to haul something different, you would still have enough chain.