RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #1  

PortugalFarmer

Hi there, i'm a fellow "tractor-men" from Portugal. :D

I want to ask if anyone have tried this two vehicles. Here in Portugal the options are less then in North America or so, and a lot more expesive. For exemple the two vehicles I'm asking about cost around 15.000€ (aprox 20.600 dollars...), And gas cost around 1,86 dollars per liter, so it has to be diesel, who cost less then half.
And the new xuv from john deere is yet to become avaiable.

Well, but that kind of problems aside, I'm down to this two choices, and they are to be used in a farm, with some mud and sand, mostly to wonder around, not to do really hard work. I want the fastest possible on diesel. It has to be diesel, or I would buy a rhyno.

I'll get a better deal on the rtv900, but it has less power then the mule and it's heavier and uglier. On your experience what do you think? Wish one is more reliable? Is there any significant speed diference? Do this utv's really have enough power to climb hills for ex? (I'm replacing an yamaha 4x4 atv 400, so I'm afraid I'll be really disapointed).

Thanks for the attention!

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #2  
My RTV is used alot on the farm. It is not a speed demon. Will go about 25mph. The RTV not that fast. BUT STRONG AS A OX !!! And I know for a fact, it is much stronger than the any mule. Reason being, a good friend of mine purchased a mule last year, and sold it to get a RTV 900 last month, for reason he witnessed the RTV in service and seen what it will do !!!!!
The mule will run faster in speed, but that's all it has on the rtv.

The RTV will last you forever if you service it right. I love the Hydrostatic tranmission in the Kubota. As far as climbing hills, I never had any trouble with mine. Know another man who lives in the hills, and he loves his .....

Once you learn how the transmission works on the RTV, you will never own nothing else. The more I work my RTV, the more it suprises me for what it will do. I cannot imagine living without My RTV 900 ~~~~~~~~

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #3  
I don't think the mule is much faster than the RTV if at all. Mules run about 25-30 mph in gas version.

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #4  
I don't own either one, but my brother has a mule and I found it annoying that it does not compression brake when going down hill if you let your foot all the way off of the throttle. It just goes into neutral and accelerates. Can't seem to get your foot to the brake fast enough!

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #5  
THE KUBOTA RTV WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOU ~~~~

IT HAS ONE H*** OF A ENGINE BRAKE, THAT THING IN WORTH IT'S WEIGHT IN GOLD !!!!!!!!

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #6  
TWO GUNS said:
THE KUBOTA RTV WOULDN'T DO THAT TO YOU ~~~~

IT HAS ONE H*** OF A ENGINE BRAKE, THAT THING IN WORTH IT'S WEIGHT IN GOLD !!!!!!!!

Another vote for a "Bota" 900. It has been a real workhorse for me. If you get one, make sure you also get the snorkle air cleaner as it makes a big difference in performance and ease of cleaning the air filter.

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #7  
Another vote for the RTV! It's like a Sherman tank!:D

Right now I'm trying to see if I can use up a tank of fuel. It really amazes me how little fuel it uses.:D

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #8  
That is the Truth !!!! This RTV 900 of mine don't burn no fuel, heck, at first I thought my fuel guage wasn't working, until FINALLY it moved very, very little. Several times, I took a flashlight and looked down the tank to make myself feel comfortable ~~~~~~ Wish my automobiles got the milage the RTV gets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
   / RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel #9  
how many hours are you guys getting to a tank ? Are you running full throttle most of the time ?

/ RTV900 vs Mule 3010 Diesel
Thanks for the infos!

I'm from today a happy owner of a "bota" 900! :D

It'll be delivered tomorrow at the farm, I'm going to Really test drive it around by then. Now it's still the base version, later on let's see if I'll add any modifications.

About the snorkle, how does it get better performance? I know the natural advantages, like less dirt and deeper water, but performance??:confused: